OH Santa! is expected to debut at #92 (Lambs believe Spotify is angry given the Apple Music exclusive to the album)

So much for the theory of it debuting at #1. "Oh Santa!" Is expected to debut at #92. 

There was excitement on all ends cause of musical mother and daughter Mariah Carey and Ariana Grande on the same track. 

But Spotify isn't pushing the track on it's normal playlists and it's all due to the soundtrack being an Apple Music exclusive for one week.

Spotify in 2016 said they don't do exclusives as they feel it hurts the fans and music lovers in general, but it's up to the label. 

Slowly they caved kinda to a two week exclusive album premium deal thanks to Taylor Swift returning to the platform in 2017 the day Witness by Katy Perry came out, of all days to make her return to Spotify. 

Well, Mariah Carey cut a deal with Apple Music to be the exclusive home of the soundtrack to her Christmas special, but that probably led to a retaliation on Spotify's part. 

You would think Spotify's biggest act Ariana Grande who became the first women ever to cross 70 million monthly listeners, would be enough to secure all cross promotion on playlists that usually mixes both pop and Christmas music to make it through all forms.

Spotify is pretty mad that the song is coming next Friday, and a retaliation is definitely happening as Spotify is punishing the track due to the exclusive rights to Apple. 

So for future reference, don't do deals that Spotify considers competition in markets..

Apple is Spotify's biggest competition in the US. oh-mc.jpg.9fe9a6aac5d7e98ee557a705bc0db82e.jpg

Related:

2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

So it’s pretty much certified after the underperformance of positions, Ari really no more that girl to collab with?

Um, it's still #3 after 4 weeks,  for only almost 5 weeks has already 600m streams, debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 chart, with 174,000 album-equivalent units and also debuted #1 in the UK, after 5 weeks the single positions (which peaked at #1)  is still #4, I mean is this an underperformance :plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised:

• Like 3
7 hours ago, MrPieceOfMe said:

Um, it's still #3 after 4 weeks,  for only almost 5 weeks has already 600m streams, debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 chart, with 174,000 album-equivalent units and also debuted #1 in the UK, after 5 weeks the single positions (which peaked at #1)  is still #4, I mean is this an underperformance :plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised:

I was talking about the album ezgif-3-0aa7d516c5d2.gif

• Haha 1
Just now, Spicechinodiva said:

@Blackout2006 it is out of the UK top ten, It did just go silver (album), But everybody knows, And it's a drag. 

Disco by Kylie is still top ten #7 a rebound after #10 last week and it's actually going gold next week. 

Even little Mix is outperforming her on the album front as well. 

Exactly, the reason Positions went #1 in the UK was because of no competition :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: Because if you go to look at the actual figures of how much it sold in the UK, its quite lackluster. 

7 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Exactly, the reason Positions went #1 in the UK was because of no competition :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: Because if you go to look at the actual figures of how much it sold in the UK, its quite lackluster. 

And if it wasn't for the stupid occ rules, the track wouldn't be #1. Mariah would.

But, because Mariah's track is 26 years old, it only gets half the streaming points to positions by Ariana grande. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

And if it wasn't for the stupid occ rules, the track wouldn't be #1. Mariah would.

But, because Mariah's track is 26 years old, it only gets half the streaming points to positions by Ariana grande. 

Wait, what happened btw that Ari got the #1 if Mimi outsold her and deserved that position? 

3 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

The top five female albums in the UK Year end. 

#1 Future nostalgia 236K

#2 Chromatica

#3 Folklore 

#4 Disco (not bad for an artist supposedly out of her prime and at 52 is considered old and irrelevant)

#5 Confetti

@Blackout2006 outside folklore, UK wanted to dance. 

UK always has fine taste, what can i say :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

Spoiler

Except for when it comes to Britney Jean Spears :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

8 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Wait, what happened btw that Ari got the #1 if Mimi outsold her and deserved that position? 

UK always has fine taste, what can i say :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

Hide contents

Except for when it comes to Britney Jean Spears :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Because Mariah's track is older sales Streams are discounted by half. 

Meaning it has to work double hard compared to a track released today. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

98% of yr post was about the song ezgif-3-0aa7d516c5d2.gif

However I was mainly talking about the album which was a underperformance, because Ik the song is a hit that won’t be remembered in the coming years (ezgif-3-0aa7d516c5d2.gif

Um, it's still #3 after 4 weeks,  for only almost 5 weeks has already 600m streams, debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 chart, with 174,000 album-equivalent units and also debuted #1 in the UK. I said it also in my previous post, but I guess you didn’t read it :squintney_britney_confused_huh_what_umm_ok_glory:

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, MrPieceOfMe said:

Um, it's still #3 after 4 weeks,  for only almost 5 weeks has already 600m streams, debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 chart, with 174,000 album-equivalent units and also debuted #1 in the UK. I said it also in my previous post, but I guess you didn’t read it :squintney_britney_confused_huh_what_umm_ok_glory:

The Album is a success in the US, 

But it underperformed in the UK. It's probably going to go gold, but will be her first to probably not go UK Platinum which is 300,000 Units..

@Slayer can tell you. The Album underperformed in this market compared to Ariana's other albums. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

The Album is a success in the US, 

But it underperformed in the UK. It's probably going to go gold, but will be her first to probably not go UK Platinum which is 300,000 Units..

@Slayer can tell you. The Album underperformed in this market compared to Ariana's other albums. 

Well, I think that is doing good, yeah, it’s not a worldwide hit like TUN, but it’s doing pretty good. I think that Ariana had to wait until 2021 for example to release a new album and show some progress, because this album is good, but it’s not better than TUN for sure :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

1 hour ago, MrPieceOfMe said:

Are we surprised it has 600m streams ezgif-3-0aa7d516c5d2.gif

She is the biggest streaming artist from this generation, and always garners mega streams whether her records are real hits or not ezgif-3-0aa7d516c5d2.gif

Well, it’s expected to free fall in the coming weeks as competition increases to release new albums ezgif-3-0aa7d516c5d2.gif

Also, 174k for someone claimed as the main pop girl isn’t good, especially after selling 360k units ezgif-3-0aa7d516c5d2.gif

Not to mention how it’s initial predictions were 265k and then it fell to 195k which then fell to 192k and the last prediction for the album was 182k but the album even fell below that and is now her first album not to outsell is predecessor in its first week and is Aris third lowest-debut since 2014 ezgif-3-0aa7d516c5d2.gif

Also the only reason it was #1 in the UK was again because of lack of competition. If it were actually released in a competitive week, it would peak at #4 because any person from the UK can tell you selling 27k in the UK isn’t good at all ezgif-3-0aa7d516c5d2.gif 

Also, not to mention that the album sold just 97k copies outside of the US ezgif-3-0aa7d516c5d2.gif

Maybe I was exaggerating by saying it underperformed, but it’s definitely far from a “hit” because everyone has already forgotten the album, even my friends who r mega-Ari fans didn’t really care about this album ezgif-3-0aa7d516c5d2.gifezgif-3-0aa7d516c5d2.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block