I would die to see Britney doing this CHOREO..

Mayenaise

Work ***** deserves a GAY choreography tbh and this is very vogue. I've never saw Britney move like this and she would pull it off because she has the lines and sultry moves are her thing. 

Imagine opening night of DOM and her coming out voguing to Work ***** - iconic. 

Also I love how they slowed down parts and the stop starts just for her to stand there like a bad *****, then the sudden bursts of choreo - very different for this type of high energy song tbh, I like it:yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that it’s a cool style and very different, and look I’m no expert on voguing etc so Im probably being super ignorant...

but I feel like this and so many of her new choreos since the Circus music video is... not really dancing? In the traditional sense of the word. It’s just a bunch of disconnected movements, usually arm movements, that don’t really tell any sort of story?

I watched a few of her old choreos and yes they’re more complex because she was younger and working her *** off, but they were actually DANCES. Like the flowed and had meaning and really conveyed a sense of something. They looked good.

Her routines are so strange to me now, the dancing she actually does is more jerky/flail-y movements and poses. Womanizer, Stronger and the newest dance breaks of BOMT and Slave from POM but even going back- the TTWE rap dance break from FFT, the BOMT and Circus break from TCSBS really sum up what I’m trying to say- it just looks weird.

id love to see her dancing again like the mannequin rehearsal video or even the Instagram video she put out a few years ago with one of her dancers... maybe dancing to a Janet I song? It was sorta Latin inspired? Like they have actual steps and flow.

If she does go back to performing honestly I’d rather her sing live over the track and do the odd dance break than centre her whole show on dancing in this new style and lip syncing tbh.

i didnt like even one choreography they did for domination, i dont know what it is but all those current choreographers suck so ****** much, i want people like Kevin Tancharoen back. he did me against the music and boom boom, look at rehearsals of those songs, he didnt just give her some lame generic moves and poses, there was soooo much detail in every second of the choreo

current choreographers mostly just **** around and call it dancing

girly songs like bomt or sometimes got 2000000 better choreos back then than songs like work ***** get today.

6 hours ago, Hypnotherapy said:

I agree that it’s a cool style and very different, and look I’m no expert on voguing etc so Im probably being super ignorant...

but I feel like this and so many of her new choreos since the Circus music video is... not really dancing? In the traditional sense of the word. It’s just a bunch of disconnected movements, usually arm movements, that don’t really tell any sort of story?

I watched a few of her old choreos and yes they’re more complex because she was younger and working her *** off, but they were actually DANCES. Like the flowed and had meaning and really conveyed a sense of something. They looked good.

Her routines are so strange to me now, the dancing she actually does is more jerky/flail-y movements and poses. Womanizer, Stronger and the newest dance breaks of BOMT and Slave from POM but even going back- the TTWE rap dance break from FFT, the BOMT and Circus break from TCSBS really sum up what I’m trying to say- it just looks weird.

id love to see her dancing again like the mannequin rehearsal video or even the Instagram video she put out a few years ago with one of her dancers... maybe dancing to a Janet I song? It was sorta Latin inspired? Like they have actual steps and flow.

If she does go back to performing honestly I’d rather her sing live over the track and do the odd dance break than centre her whole show on dancing in this new style and lip syncing tbh.

I know what you mean. That insta choreo of her dancing to Janet is classic Britney. But this choreo is something new and it fits work ***** perfectly... And tbh I just want to see Britney voguing :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat:

I always like different takes on choreography and Domination had something different, if you can look past them butchering BTI... 

Britneys ticks were getting out of control near the end of POM, so she needs choreo which purposely builds in when to stop moving and when to DANCE, which is what I think the choreographers were trying here. Even if you look at the late additions to POM i.e Womanizer dance break she is executing it much better because its styled to look more "slick". 

26 minutes ago, Mayenaise said:

I know what you mean. That insta choreo of her dancing to Janet is classic Britney. But this choreo is something new and it fits work ***** perfectly... And tbh I just want to see Britney voguing :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat:

I always like different takes on choreography and Domination had something different, if you can look past them butchering BTI... 

Britneys ticks were getting out of control near the end of POM, so she needs choreo which purposely builds in when to stop moving and when to DANCE, which is what I think the choreographers were trying here. Even if you look at the late additions to POM i.e Womanizer dance break she is executing it much better because its styled to look more "slick". 

You’re right, yeah. And it is all about attitude- mermaid-ney right through to POM 2.0 was insanely good. Even Stronger and BOMT looked good with the personality she brought. 

Archived