This Day in Pop: Britney Spears performed at the Billboard Music Awards 2001 (December 04)

Am I the only one who thinks that the performance is kind of boring? I mean, yeah, Britney danced very good and looked amazing, but like, I don’t feel the energy in this performance. Also the whole performance was just some girls dancing on a plate, nothing that interesting. And I don’t like the way it was recorded, the camera angles were awful :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm: 

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, MrPieceOfMe said:

Am I the only one who thinks that the performance is kind of boring? I mean, yeah, Britney danced very good and looked amazing, but like, I don’t feel the energy in this performance. Also the whole performance was just some girls dancing on a plate, nothing that interesting. And I don’t like the way it was recorded, the camera angles were awful :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm: 

well, I think the "star" of he performance was supposed to be the fountain show behind her, but the camera failed to capture both Britney and the water. They did those aerial shots that don't look that impressive and whenever they got close to Britney was exactly when nothing interesting was happening with the water in the back.

• Like 5
11 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

slavebb2001.jpg.aee56aaf54785861c11dfb197f1884f8.jpg

On December 04, 2001, the Billboard Music Awards took place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Destiny's Child were the biggest winners of the night.

Britney Spears performed I'm a Slave 4 U, the lead single off her third studio album Britney, on a platform placed in front of the Fountains of Bellagio.

This performance deserves more attention!! Its one of her best. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, MrPieceOfMe said:

I have this hate/love relationship with this performance. I see what you mean and I was still taken aback when I saw it. The thing is Slave's original version was a boring song to listen to. I loved what they did with the light your *** on fire remix, for instance, but the classic version was always flat to me on live performances. She was on point, the choreography was stunning, the outfit was simple yet perfect, the setting was awesome and her dancers were also impressive. So what happened? Definitely the song's version and the crappy takes, as you say. 

What was the background surrounding this performance, does anyone know? Was it filmed prior to the awards? 

She didn't attend the awards ceremony so maybe she had a DWAD show on the night?

I remember being annoyed that she wasn't involved in the All Star Tribute performance of What's Going On and we got Kelly Rowland ********* Britney’s lines :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:

• Haha 1
  • 11 months later...