Gwen Stefani drops new music video for "Let Me Reintroduce Myself"

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

the song isn't THAT bad, but it's like, if I just listen to it, it's ok, but if I see current Gwen while listening to it, it's like it doesn't match :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: does it make any sense? It's like my image of Gwen Stefani has changed so much in the past years, that now it feels weird for her to present herself as "still being the same". 

It's like Lady Gaga, how she dropped the weirdness to do these more organic records, and now that she wanted to go back to being weird with Chromatica, it just doesn't feel authentic anymore. It feels forced, and I feel the same with Gwen. 

Do not think about her imagine or nowness while listening to the song then. :nydisgust_miss_new_york_tiffany_gross_pollard_ew::lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Groundbreaking said:

Do not think about her imagine or nowness while listening to the song then. :nydisgust_miss_new_york_tiffany_gross_pollard_ew::lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

yeah, if I listen to the song while I'm doing something else, it feels like classic Gwen, but then I remember how stylish and classy she is now, and it just feels wrong. I might need to watch her perform to see if the "original her" is still there. 

1 hour ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

I like it! It this just like a buzz song? It’s good for that, but doesn’t really seem like a lead single. 

I like that it sounds like old school no doubt. It won’t be a big hit, but I I like it and I think it’s good for her fans. 

46 minutes ago, Dirk said:

ok no one will enjoy a song with this type of comeback lyrics, it's a buzz single for sure cause she wasted an opportunity to put out a banger! To me she should be inspired by her LAMB album and have some reggae ska on her album as mid tempo songs that would be the best for her.

Talking to Zane Lowe on Apple Music on Monday, the singer revealed that she "never really was planning to do new music."

"I fantasized about it but I was also like... I don't know," she said. "I always think about artists that I loved growing up, and I think I just want to listen to the songs that I like that they did. And that's nostalgic for me."

The singer also explained how the new song returns to her musical origins, adding that she has recorded "probably 20 songs."

"I never expected to be writing, but it was in there. And it's been really, really incredible," she said. "I mean, there's just nothing else that I do in my life, and I have done so many things, that makes me feel ignited the way a new song makes me feel."

"It was just a full circle, back to my roots, I know what kind of music I want to make," she later added about the reggae-tinged sounds of No Doubt and her new song. "And I want to make music that makes people feel happy."

https://people.com/music/gwen-stefani-blake-shelton-ready-get-married-source/

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

yeah, if I listen to the song while I'm doing something else, it feels like classic Gwen, but then I remember how stylish and classy she is now, and it just feels wrong. I might need to watch her perform to see if the "original her" is still there. 

I do understand where you are coming from. I was just messing around. :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support::imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Stefani said:

It's like No Doubt mixed in with TIWTTFL. It's like at the borderline of being great, but doesn't quite strike a perfect balance. It's filler-esque.

It appears it's just a buzz single. Gwen has already recorded about 20 songs, so there might be a new era next year. On the other hand, she stated that she wasn't planning to do new music. Therefore, she may just release a bunch of standalones. Whatever the reason, I don't think this is a lead single. (Unless she wants to be next Kity Purrina).

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block