Britney Spears' new song "Swimming in the Stars" debuts at #1 on Worldwide iTunes chart

7 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Like i said, people check for Britney

GP check for BOMT and Toxic. Hardcore fans check for SITS. Calm down Cappy, longevity is what makes a song a hit and the fans aren't enough to grant it besides a blinking Itunes charting. 

#facts

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Lantis said:

GP check for BOMT and Toxic. Hardcore fans check for SITS. Calm down Cappy, longevity is what makes a song a hit and the fans aren't enough to grant it besides a blinking Itunes charting. 

#facts

The song is not even a single

Like I said, people still check for Britney 

55 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

The song is not even a single

Like I said, people still check for Britney 

It's not like her latest single was a hit. Slumber Party flopped hard despite the great video. 

I'll say it again, the GP is not here for new music from her, they just like to blast Toxic on their car and that's it. Her shows are also heavily builded around her past hits, so let's not pretend it's not just her hardcore stans that purchase her new songs. 

Otherwise longevity will be granted, period.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Lantis said:

It's not like her latest single was a hit. Slumber Party flopped hard despite the great video. 

I'll say it again, the GP is not here for new music from her, they just like to blast Toxic on their car and that's it. Her shows are also heavily builded around her past hits, so let's not pretend it's not just her hardcore stans that purchase her new songs. 

Tea has been spilt :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
55 minutes ago, Lantis said:

You the spokesperson for the general public?

There's still demand for Britney musically while on strike

On 12/5/2020 at 11:38 AM, IvanFatale said:

:surejan:

Didn't we learned nothing from Mood ring? :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

On 12/5/2020 at 2:34 PM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Except Mood Ring wasn’t added to playlists like SITS is and this is a brand new song we hadn’t heard. I don’t think it will chart but it has a higher chance of doing so :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

Mood Ring had great sales numbers + Britney mentioned briefly to Billboard and did some social media promo.

Unless it gets big streaming numbers, I don't see a Hot 100 debut for the song.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, IUSM said:

Unless it gets big streaming numbers, I don't see a Hot 100 debut for the song.

That's exactly the point, at least with this release she actually has a chance to get streaming numbers because her label pushed the song all over Pop music playlists, unlike Mood Ring. Mood Ring never really had a chance because of that.

But I agree, even with these extra streams, I don't see the song charting. And if it somehow does, it won't be that high.

56 minutes ago, David Rose said:

But I agree, even with these extra streams, I don't see the song charting. And if it somehow does, it won't be that high.

Well, we all know that the #69 position is better than the #1 anyway. :gelis_britney_candies_flirting_sexy:

(Joke aside, it may reach the Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100, like Mood Ring did).

• Haha 3
5 hours ago, David Rose said:

That's exactly the point, at least with this release she actually has a chance to get streaming numbers because her label pushed the song all over Pop music playlists, unlike Mood Ring. Mood Ring never really had a chance because of that.

My Only Wish is charting better on spotify #135 (+27) Worldwide and #115 (+14) in UK on Apple Music #99 in UK. If this was a streaming experiment from RCA we can see it as a failure, we do not need to launch songs so that we can make them a lot of streams, there must be a project and there must be interest. To make numbers with streaming, more playlists and, above all, important playlists are needed. Sorry for my English, I'm using the translator lol

41 minutes ago, gloryo said:

My Only Wish is charting better on spotify #135 (+27) Worldwide and #115 (+14) in UK on Apple Music #99 in UK. If this was a streaming experiment from RCA we can see it as a failure, we do not need to launch songs so that we can make them a lot of streams, there must be a project and there must be interest. To make numbers with streaming, more playlists and, above all, important playlists are needed. Sorry for my English, I'm using the translator lol

As far as I'm aware she's on all the biggest pop playlists right now. Correct me if I'm wrong.