Britney Spears' new song "Swimming in the Stars" debuts at #1 on Worldwide iTunes chart

Ok going to #3 For an old song just released with 0 press and promo that rlly on the fans knew about is an achievement in itself!:badgirl_britney_flirt_sexy_pom_piece_of_me_lips:

Even if Britney is deciding not to work I hope she knows this charting and hope she knows people honestly do enjoy her music and hearing her :pensiveney_britney_praying_ftr_for_the_record_2008_circus_vmas_thinking: That what matters most to me. Her knowing we care and miss her. then again i'm happy she is taking her " me" time.

• Love 5

Besides New Music Friday, Swimming In The Stars was added to a slew of editorial Spotify playlists around the world today such as Pop All Day, Happy Pop, Top Hits, etc. bringing the tracks potential reach up to 20m listeners (was 1m after the first day). It's on some trending/viral lists in some parts of the globe too, so I think if she's going to gain traction with this and hit enough streams to make the Spotify Top 200s then it will be over the next 24 hours. Interested to see what they do with Matches next week given that this has had much more of a label push than Mood Ring did.

• Love 2

I don't think Britney's team has learnt anything about making a song a hit. 

I'm from the UK and there was a time when songs would be released in USA, then worldwide and about 6 weeks later here.

'Womanizer', 'Work *****' and '3' are songs that stand out in my mind that could have been much bigger had the been released everywhere at once.

Hold it against me was released mid-way through the week due to popular demand and ended up making #6 in the official chart, but that was another **** up from the team. 

It's pretty impressive that it's top 3 with literally no promotion, video or even Britney's social media.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Oops2000 said:

its true, i work in the music industry, and no one cares about iTunes charts anymore. its about getting playlisted in all the big playlists and spotify (viral) charts that count...sorry to rain on your parade

Itunes still matter because it shows that people still check for Britney

Legit proif

• Like 2
1 hour ago, David Rose said:

Are these playlists helping at all? Someone with knowledge on this stuff needs to make a thread tracking her stream counts

Too early to tell as it got added to a lot this morning.  The higher up the playlist she is then the more chance people will give it a stream.  She's the first track on Pop All Day ahead of Shawn Mendes/Beiber and Miley/Dua which is pretty incredible and has 0.5m listeners.  She's also high up on a couple of US playlists with around 1m listeners.   I have a feeling her #1 spot on Pop All Day is paid for my RCA and they are probably testing the waters to see how to handle Matches next week. 

Come through Denmark though who were the first to get her to crack their Spotify Top 200 today at #160.   

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Itunes still matter because it shows that people still check for Britney

Legit proif

No one in the general public uses iTunes anymore. lmao

And no one is checking for this release other than Britney fans, it hasn't gotten much promotion, if it did, then it would have a chance of charting. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

No one in the general public uses iTunes anymore. lmao

And no one is checking for this release other than Britney fans, it hasn't gotten much promotion, if it did, then it would have a chance of charting. 

People check for britney which has shown throughout her career

People are buying and streams are going good

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

People check for britney which has shown throughout her career

People are buying and streams are going good

People check for Britney but this song? Nah, but if it's given promotion then sure and I'm sure Matches will be more successful.  Streams are eh and last I checked, the estimated sales worldwide barely accumulate more than 2000 sales. The general public checks for Britney because of the #FreeBritney movement and her status as the icon of the 00s and late '90s. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

People check for Britney but this song? Nah, but if it's given promotion then sure and I'm sure Matches will be more successful.  Streams are eh and last I checked, the estimated sales worldwide barely accumulate more than 2000 sales. The general public checks for Britney because of the #FreeBritney movement and her status as the icon of the 00s and late '90s. 

Like i said, people check for Britney