Britney Spears' "Swimming In The Stars" is #1 on iTunes in 16 countries! (chart position updates)

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good luck trying to dethrone All I Want From Christmas 

it is already number 1 in my heart.    SO  LETS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Britney's on the cover of Spotify's "Pop all day" playlist   

Posted Images

• Exhale+
4 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Yet songs with less physical sales but more streams will debut higher, it's better to focus on streaming more than digital sales in the end but I get that buying a copy is easier than streaming a song 10,000 times. 

Where? the last huge #1 was Justin and Grande because they were selling a singed physical cd, that came with a download so it counted right away. where is this information from? Same with Folklore, it was physical sales.

10 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Yet songs with less physical sales but more streams will debut higher, it's better to focus on streaming more than digital sales in the end but I get that buying a copy is easier than streaming a song 10,000 times. 

This is actually a very common misconception. Buying the song is equivalent to 2,500 streams I believe. I'm not sure about the specific number tbh, but its somewhere in the thousands. So unless you're streaming it THAT MANY times, a purchase is actually a lot more effective. The problem in Britney's case is a) theres not enough ppl buying to make up for the lack of streams and more importantly b) very few general public/casual listeners are streaming her, which is how many of the big acts these days consistently chart well.

The reason why more streamed songs debut higher as you say is because of the sheer volume of general listeners who are streaming and because thats mostly how music is consumed nowadays. If all the people streaming those songs actually purchased them instead, their numbers would be even higher, but thats just not what ppl do.

• Love 3
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, Kevney said:

Where? the last huge #1 was Justin and Grande because they were selling a singed physical cd, that came with a download so it counted right away. where is this information from? Same with Folklore, it was physical sales.

1 minute ago, David Rose said:

This is actually a very common misconception. Buying the song is equivalent to 2,500 streams I believe. I'm not sure about the specific number tbh, but its somewhere in the thousands. So unless you're streaming it THAT MANY times, a purchase is actually a lot more effective.

The reason why more streamed songs debut higher as you say is because of the sheer volume of general listeners who are streaming and because thats mostly how music is consumed nowadays. If all the people streaming those songs actually purchased them instead, their numbers would be even higher, but thats just not what ppl do.

Mood Ring was the second best selling song of the week, yet it didn't even make the Billboard Hot 100. 

Let's face it, with the Britney fandom so divided, more fans who are a bit iffy to support this release will be more inclined to stream it. @David Rose's point is correct, but in the end, the pure sales of this song are going to be like 10,000 at highest, thus streaming would be more effective to get it charting considering no one but a few thousand Britney fans are going to buy this song, if the song goes viral and picks up streams or thousands of Britney fans mass-streamed it (like, 24/7) it would have a better chance of charting. 

• Exhale+
8 minutes ago, David Rose said:

This is actually a very common misconception. Buying the song is equivalent to 2,500 streams I believe. I'm not sure about the specific number tbh, but its somewhere in the thousands. So unless you're streaming it THAT MANY times, a purchase is actually a lot more effective. The problem in Britney's case is a) theres not enough ppl buying to make up for the lack of streams and more importantly b) very few general public/casual listeners are streaming her, which is how many of the big acts these days consistently chart well.

Wow. I didn't know that much about it. :cooltshirt_thumbs_up_britney_pom_piece_of_me:

I usually would do both things if i wanted to support an album/song

7 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Mood Ring was the second best selling song of the week, yet it didn't even make the Billboard Hot 100. 

Thats because like I said, even being the second most sold song of the week, that's still not nearly enough ppl actually buying to make up for her lack of streams. And that just further goes to show how very few ppl are buying songs like that nowadays. Even with the second best selling song, in reality thats not actually that many sales, it's just more than any others because nobody buys music except a certain demographic of older stans. It's just not enough to compensate for the severe lack of streams.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

the pure sales of this song are going to be like 10,000 at highest, thus streaming would be more effective to get it charting considering no one but a few thousand Britney fans are going to buy this song, if the song goes viral and picks up streams or thousands of Britney fans mass-streamed it (like, 24/7) it would have a better chance of charting. 

True. Ideally though you should purchase a copy for yourself and stream it as well if you really want to do all you can. But to suggest purchasing isn't as effective is just not accurate.

1 hour ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

personally I buy the song and then I stream on another app so this way I do both. (only for Britney tho)

• Love 2
On 12/2/2020 at 8:07 PM, iAlwaysSingLive said:

The way this annoying-azz TikTok mess stole the spotlight from that icosmic Christina GIF. I'm furious, tbh. ezgif-3-0aa7d516c5d2.gif

Are you new to exhale or something? That Christina gif was a thingy maybe in 2012? Let it go, clown. :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

93ce6ff7c9a3f5a1c6c1e19a378c23fb.gif

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Style. said:

Are you new to exhale or something? That Christina gif was a thingy maybe in 2012? Let it go, clown. :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

2012 is just a number. It's iconic, period blood. ezgif-3-0aa7d516c5d2.gif

irpLvJS.gif

• Haha 2