Jump to content

Elliot Page announces he is transgender, shares new photo


Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

My interpretation of gender that’s based on what I’ve learned my entire life and can see with my very own eyes, has nothing to do with someone’s existence who wants to “identify” as whatever the hell they feel like.  Go crazy about your identity, but you can’t force the world to partake in your journey to become something you can never fully be.  Chromosomes are science.  Your feelings about wanting to be a different gender is psychological at best.  Forcing the world to conform with the boundaries of this pseudoscience experiment is unrealistic and tyrannical.


I think someone willing to go through the physical, mental, financial process of transitioning genders is definitely entitled to expecting the people in their lives to call them by their preferred name and gender. it's literally the least we can do. I understand wanting transgendered individuals to be patient - I've definitely inadvertently made mistakes with someone who prefers 'they/their' - but it's not really that much effort to just correct myself and try again. 

I'm not sure what gender you are - but for 'cis-gendered' people - we really do take for granted our gender identity. All those things that seem instinctual in how we present ourselves aren't the same for others. I would never wish someone live in that internal conflict and self-loathing. Would you? 

I do know ONE person who went by 'they/them' for a period of time but then went back to their biological gender. Maybe it was a phase, maybe it was part of their queerness at the time, maybe they changed their mind, or maybe they were being 'annoying, attention seeking' but at the end of the day....I can't just paint everyone who is trans with that brush. That's not fair. And That's getting into dangerous territory. "I hate men because my ex cheated on me", "A black person robbed me so they're all criminals", "I knew a Mexican drug lord - they're all like that'  etc. 

In terms of claiming 'science'....that's also getting into dangerous territory. Not sure if you're gay or straight but people would argue that being straight is based on science and evolution and anything else is 'abnormal' or 'unnatural' Even science has deviations like in inter*** people or when babies are born with ambiguous genitalia and doctors don't even know what *** they are. So I guess it might help if you just think of these deviations in gender identity as normal deviations that happen all the time in nature - and they're to be accepted. 

Link to post
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To all the bigots in this thread, you don’t need to understand why some people struggle with their identities but you do need to respect them and stfu.

Bro, I just have sympathy for this actress.  She’s never going to be a male.  I’m really tired of this game society is playing with people who have body dysmorphia.  This is like playing into someone’

I will never understand the them/they pronouns. This point is beyond me.  it's ridiculous for me. It turns the trans thing into a joke. Which I'm sure is not. 🤷‍♀️

Posted Images

4 hours ago, lucho pedres said:

I never said that, but transgender people are not killed for being trans, behind every death there is a cause (drugs, prostitution, Jealousy, etc) thinking otherwise is very ignorant.

 

Goodbye sweetie :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

That’s just inaccurate. Transgendered people are often targeted solely because of them being transgendered. Stay ignorant.

Link to post
19 hours ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

I can't believe you got points for "Blatant Disrespect" for this post.  "Blatant Disrespect" is the corniest most unprofessional language on a forum I've ever heard from an official mod team.  How embarrassing.  What are you, a parent scolding children?  It's such a nonsense term that's open for interpretation which allows the liberal mods to disproportionately wield it against anyone who they want to personally target, while everyone who agrees with them conveniently slips through the cracks of this vague rule.   The rules of this forum are so blurry and unclear by design.   Slimy weasels drunk with power.  This is why their side will never win.

Thank you for your support. What @Urbanney did is not really acceptable. I did nothing wrong. He shouldn't take it personal. Being sensitive doesn't give you the right to block / ban people who think differently. My post got a lot likes, should we ban 50% of Exhalers for thinking differently? I didn't know 2020 was 1984. :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

I remains unbothered . @Jordan Miller snowflakes shouldn't been moderators. What he did was just abuse of power.

:begone_tiffany_miss_ny_new_york_ms_door_there_leave_bye_goodbye:  Do Somethin' Jordy

Enjoy your virtual power @Urbanney, you ain't ****. 

:queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Edited by Urbanney
⚠️ This user has received warning points for this post for blatant disrespect.
Link to post
20 hours ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

How sad that I had to be banned for 3 days because I expressed my views on the issue.  If I was wrong they wouldn't have to censor me.  The only way to force this bull**** down peoples throats is to completely shut down free speech and anyone who questions the misguided liberal narratives.   Just like they censored me on election night when proof of the cheating started to come out.  

How sad that you think people censor you for just expressing your opinions. You didn’t get censored for expressing your opinions. You express them in a hateful way not taking into consideration that we have trans Exhalers on here. You saying they have a mental illness is why you received your warning points and why you feel oh so triggered that you were “censored.” Please. Get over your election fraud delusions. It’s done with. We will have a new president in January and you’re just going to have to deal with that painful pill to swallow 

  • Like 2

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to post
53 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

How sad that you think people censor you for just expressing your opinions. You didn’t get censored for expressing your opinions. You express them in a hateful way not taking into consideration that we have trans Exhalers on here. You saying they have a mental illness is why you received your warning points and why you feel oh so triggered that you were “censored.” Please. Get over your election fraud delusions. It’s done with. We will have a new president in January and you’re just going to have to deal with that painful pill to swallow 

😂you know how many times I’ve been called mentally ill along with many others on here, just for being trump supporters?  And surprise surprise, action was never taken against those members.  
 

“hate speech” is just a catch-all term libs use for “speech I don’t agree with”.  

Link to post

I get it if you just don't understand the they/them situation or you're confused by it, but those of you getting angry? Seriously, how old are some of you? So what if Elliot wants to be referred to as "he" or "they"? Does it affect you? Does it cause you physical harm?

Let people be who they are. If Elliot says that he's a man or non-binary now and prefers to go by he/they, then let him. 

Never thought I'd see so much bigotry on a forum whose main demographic is made up of LGBTQ+ people. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Link to post
40 minutes ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

😂you know how many times I’ve been called mentally ill along with many others on here, just for being trump supporters?  And surprise surprise, action was never taken against those members.  
 

“hate speech” is just a catch-all term libs use for “speech I don’t agree with”.  

Okay, but you're generalizing an entire group of people versus someone singling you out. Can you provide examples of where someone called you mentally ill? Did you report them? You have an issue with "liberals" because they're not okay with giving you the license to be prejudiced against protected classes. What you said makes absolutely no sense. So racists aren't hateful? We call it hate speech because we disagree with them? Your intentions have been shown plenty of times, and I've formed the conclusion that you're incredibly bigoted. You have issues with people just for belonging to a group, not because of anything they may have to say. Anyone who has a problem with how you express your "opinions" on these people makes you oppressed and silenced. Your only purpose on this forum is to antagonize people that don't agree with your Trump agenda. Everyone who disagrees with you calling an entire group of mentally ill people is just sensitive crybaby snowflake liberals, right? :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

  • Like 1

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to post
15 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Okay, but you're generalizing an entire group of people versus someone singling you out. Can you provide examples of where someone called you mentally ill? Did you report them? You have an issue with "liberals" because they're not okay with giving you the license to be prejudiced against protected classes. What you said makes absolutely no sense. So racists aren't hateful? We call it hate speech because we disagree with them? Your intentions have been shown plenty of times, and I've formed the conclusion that you're incredibly bigoted. You have issues with people just for belonging to a group, not because of anything they may have to say. Anyone who has a problem with how you express your "opinions" on these people makes you oppressed and silenced. Your only purpose on this forum is to antagonize people that don't agree with your Trump agenda. Everyone who disagrees with you calling an entire group of mentally ill people is just sensitive crybaby snowflake liberals, right? :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

There’s no difference, your splitting hairs. And you’re missing the point anyway.  It’s not about groups being offended.  It’s about being able to have a discussion with people who disagree and one side not having the balls to just use their own arguments to let the conversation evolve.  I generally have not been the type to report name calling because I’m not a little snowflake and it just reflects poorly on the name callers.  The mods refuse to do anything anyway when it comes from the left.  I just let you people dig your own holes:  just like you’re doing everyday calling Biden president elect and saying there was no fraud.  The insurmountable evidence and footage of hidden suitcases of ballots being pulled out from under a table after the counting was paused and the watchers left is one of many proofs. Trump will not be leaving office for another 4 years.  The left talks and acts like they’re panicking while Trump looks cool as a cucumber.

Link to post
30 minutes ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

There’s no difference, your splitting hairs. And you’re missing the point anyway.  It’s not about groups being offended.  It’s about being able to have a discussion with people who disagree and one side not having the balls to just use their own arguments to let the conversation evolve.  I generally have not been the type to report name calling because I’m not a little snowflake and it just reflects poorly on the name callers.  The mods refuse to do anything anyway when it comes from the left.  I just let you people dig your own holes:  just like you’re doing everyday calling Biden president elect and saying there was no fraud.  The insurmountable evidence and footage of hidden suitcases of ballots being pulled out from under a table after the counting was paused and the watchers left is one of many proofs. Trump will not be leaving office for another 4 years.  The left talks and acts like they’re panicking while Trump looks cool as a cucumber.

Not everything has to be political yet you make everything political. Almost all Britney boycotters are liberal and I can’t stand them. You make it seem like we all automatically band with liberals to protect them. That’s not the case and if they’re being just as hateful then they’ll get warning points as well. You dismiss everyone by saying they’re unable to have an argument or conversation with you yet you constantly talk **** about “snowflakes” and “liberals.” Cool as a cucumber? I’ll eat my words come January if Trump is still the president :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to post
7 hours ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

There’s no difference, your splitting hairs. And you’re missing the point anyway.  It’s not about groups being offended.  It’s about being able to have a discussion with people who disagree and one side not having the balls to just use their own arguments to let the conversation evolve.  I generally have not been the type to report name calling because I’m not a little snowflake and it just reflects poorly on the name callers.  The mods refuse to do anything anyway when it comes from the left.  I just let you people dig your own holes:  just like you’re doing everyday calling Biden president elect and saying there was no fraud.  The insurmountable evidence and footage of hidden suitcases of ballots being pulled out from under a table after the counting was paused and the watchers left is one of many proofs. Trump will not be leaving office for another 4 years.  The left talks and acts like they’re panicking while Trump looks cool as a cucumber.

 

7 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Not everything has to be political yet you make everything political. Almost all Britney boycotters are liberal and I can’t stand them. You make it seem like we all automatically band with liberals to protect them. That’s not the case and if they’re being just as hateful then they’ll get warning points as well. You dismiss everyone by saying they’re unable to have an argument or conversation with you yet you constantly talk **** about “snowflakes” and “liberals.” Cool as a cucumber? I’ll eat my words come January if Trump is still the president :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

OSlXcSO.jpg

😳We’re living in the matrix or Trump just gave breatheheavy a wink oVAH0Cb.jpg

Link to post
8 hours ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

There’s no difference, your splitting hairs. And you’re missing the point anyway.  It’s not about groups being offended.  It’s about being able to have a discussion with people who disagree and one side not having the balls to just use their own arguments to let the conversation evolve.  I generally have not been the type to report name calling because I’m not a little snowflake and it just reflects poorly on the name callers.  The mods refuse to do anything anyway when it comes from the left.  I just let you people dig your own holes:  just like you’re doing everyday calling Biden president elect and saying there was no fraud.  The insurmountable evidence and footage of hidden suitcases of ballots being pulled out from under a table after the counting was paused and the watchers left is one of many proofs. Trump will not be leaving office for another 4 years.  The left talks and acts like they’re panicking while Trump looks cool as a cucumber.

What the **** is this 😂 you can’t make this **** up!

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block