Elliot Page announces he is transgender, shares new photo

Mgmgmgmg

1 hour ago, Turogue said:

And some opinions are stupid and uneducated, so you were saying?

And freedom of speech does not mean you are immune to criticism, actually the opposite.

But it means that we should not erase or skip Biology. 

And no, first of all, it's not up to anyone, who anyone is. You are born as a girl/boy. Some people are in the wrong body, i get that, that's not what i am against. 

But this genderthing in this version, is actually a joke, especially for transpeople, who go trough so much in their life, just to finally be in the right body. 

Like i really try to understand it but for example: Nonbinary, tell me: Why should this be a thing? I mean i did many girly stuff, but why should i not be still a man? I mean girls who look like boys is also very old and nothing brandnew, so the concept, it's lost to me, i am honest. 

• Like 5
On 12/1/2020 at 3:30 PM, setib47631 said:

I will never understand the them/they pronouns. This point is beyond me. :orangu_orangutan_ape: it's ridiculous for me. It turns the trans thing into a joke. Which I'm sure is not. 🤷‍♀️

@Urbanney you really give me a warning for this. LMFAO :orangu_orangutan_ape: Snowflake.

Edited by Urbanney
⚠️ This user has received warning points for this post for blatant disrespect.
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
21 hours ago, 2K16NEY said:

Your experience doesn’t invalidate every other transitioning person’s experience. This is what makes Elliot content and full in life and is not hurting anyone, why does it matter? 

Let him live his truth. You don’t get to decide for other people whether their lives are a lie or not.  

My experience doesn’t invalidate every other experience, but is a opinion based on facts.

She is not hurting anyone but nobody asked her about living “his” truth.

The modern babylon or Hollywood is full of nonsense, and why people don’t respect unpopular opinions? I was blocked for hate speech even when I didn’t hate anyone.

:clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

#freedomofspeech.

On 12/1/2020 at 12:37 PM, nigel said:

To all the bigots in this thread, you don’t need to understand why some people struggle with their identities but you do need to respect them and stfu.

Fr. But people should really should try to understand them. Its really annoying. I feel when transgender was first being communicated on a more wider basis, it was even more widely discriminated and misunderstood than it is now, similar to the way non binary people identify themselves now. Its so easy to respect peoples process and refer to them the way they prefer to be identified with. It affects you 0%, so have some effing respect. If you prefer to be called he, she, them, they, peter, paul, mary... just respect that. Its so easy. Doesnt hurt anyone. 

Its the reason I dont really go on this forum that much anymore. Its so toxic.

the only toxic i want is britney spears toxic.  

• Love 3
12 hours ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

i don't have any problems sweetie, i have only expressed my thoughts about the use of that pronouns. :reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill:

i'm sorry Hit**r if you don't like democracy and freedom of speech:reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill: stay pressed :reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill:

Hm... please do read a bit more on democracy because from what you are saying sounds like you have a vague idea but not really. First the definition and short history and then evolution of it and what types of democracies exist etc. It is also very interestning to read what Socrates had to say if you want to go beyond.

------

Anyway, anyone care to explain how did it come to "they"? To me it just sounds wrong and I can not translate it in my mind as singular.

My problem is... someone wrote examples here but tbh they are not helping. Just sounds like plural to me.

1 hour ago, lucho pedres said:

My experience doesn’t invalidate every other experience, but is a opinion based on facts.

She is not hurting anyone but nobody asked her about living “his” truth.

The modern babylon or Hollywood is full of nonsense, and why people don’t respect unpopular opinions? I was blocked for hate speech even when I didn’t hate anyone.

:clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

#freedomofspeech.

Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse: Indeed, you are being hateful. Your comments only fuel more ignorance on this topic. Transgendered men and women are more likely to be ******** or attacked on the street, why would they risk their lives if it weren’t for something they wholeheartedly believe? Also like you said,  you based your opinion on your own experience which is unique to you and has nothing to do with his or anyone else’s own experience. :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

• Like 2
Just now, 2K16NEY said:

Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse: Indeed, you are being hateful. Your comments only fuel more ignorance on this topic. Transgendered men and women are more likely to be ******** or attacked on the street, why would they risk their lives if it weren’t for something they wholeheartedly believe? Also like you said,  you based your opinion on your own experience which is unique to you and has nothing to do with his or anyone else’s own experience. :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

meanwhile freedom of speech is in respect there is not hate.

you are the one being ignorant about transgender people,straight people is killed every day just like everybody else, stop pretending that violence is only for transgender people.

My experience is unique ? Yes, but transgenderiam is a mental condition and is the same for all the people who is transgender,

please stop being ignorant, thank you.:clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, lucho pedres said:

meanwhile freedom of speech is in respect there is not hate.

you are the one being ignorant about transgender people,straight people is killed every day just like everybody else, stop pretending that violence is only for transgender people.

My experience is unique ? Yes, but transgenderiam is a mental condition and is the same for all the people who is transgender,

please stop being ignorant, thank you.:clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

are straight people killed for being straight? hahahahahaha and you called me the ignorant one. Goodbye!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, 2K16NEY said:

are straight people killed for being straight? hahahahahaha and you called me the ignorant one. Goodbye!

I never said that, but transgender people are not killed for being trans, behind every death there is a cause (*****, prostitution, Jealousy, etc) thinking otherwise is very ignorant.

Goodbye sweetie :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• Like 1
On 12/1/2020 at 3:34 PM, PuertoRicosFinest said:

Bro, I just have sympathy for this actress.  She’s never going to be a male.  I’m really tired of this game society is playing with people who have body dysmorphia.  This is like playing into someone’s identity who has an eating disorder.  “Wrong body Birth” isn’t science.  And how can something so rare be so disproportionately prevalent in Hollywood and their kids.  This strikes me as mental health/ attention seeking liberal behavior for the sake of standing out and pushing an agenda.

How sad that I had to be banned for 3 days because I expressed my views on the issue.  If I was wrong they wouldn't have to censor me.  The only way to force this bull**** down peoples throats is to completely shut down free speech and anyone who questions the misguided liberal narratives.   Just like they censored me on election night when proof of the cheating started to come out.  

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

They is singular and plural, we learned this in Grade 7. ezgif-3-0aa7d516c5d2.gif

For example, "they dropped their keys", you're talking about a singular person. ezgif-3-0aa7d516c5d2.gif

but you forgot to say (:frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:) that is used when you don't know the genre Ex:

"Somebody left their umbrella in the office"

In this case we talk about a specific person who has come out as a trans man, so if he identify as a man i have genuinely asked why we need to use also they. Just a question

• Like 1
9 hours ago, setib47631 said:

@Urbanney you really give me a warning for this. LMFAO :orangu_orangutan_ape: Snowflake.

I can't believe you got points for "Blatant Disrespect" for this post.  "Blatant Disrespect" is the corniest most unprofessional language on a forum I've ever heard from an official mod team.  How embarrassing.  What are you, a parent scolding children?  It's such a nonsense term that's open for interpretation which allows the liberal mods to disproportionately wield it against anyone who they want to personally target, while everyone who agrees with them conveniently slips through the cracks of this vague rule.   The rules of this forum are so blurry and unclear by design.   Slimy weasels drunk with power.  This is why their side will never win.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

but you forgot to say (:frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:) that is used when you don't know the genre Ex:

"Somebody left their umbrella in the office"

In this case we talk about a specific person who has come out as a trans man, so if he identify as a man i have genuinely asked why we need to use also they. Just a question

No idea but my L.A. teacher also used an example that this pronoun can apply for non-binary individuals and for when you don't wish to give away the person's gender. ezgif-3-0aa7d516c5d2.gif

I'm guessing they makes them feel more comfortable? You can say he if it makes you more comfortable. ezgif-3-0aa7d516c5d2.gif

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I don't see how you can disagree with someone's existence, it's like saying you disagree with winter coming earlier. ezgif-3-0aa7d516c5d2.gif

My interpretation of gender that’s based on what I’ve learned my entire life and can see with my very own eyes, has nothing to do with someone’s existence who wants to “identify” as whatever the hell they feel like.  Go crazy about your identity, but you can’t force the world to partake in your journey to become something you can never fully be.  Chromosomes are science.  Your feelings about wanting to be a different gender is psychological at best.  Forcing the world to conform with the boundaries of this pseudoscience experiment is unrealistic and tyrannical.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block