Rumor: Lady Gaga - Free Woman feat. Britney

Justin Woodpond

Please, don’t shoot the messenger. 

A few days ago, this message was posted (anonymously) on YouTube under Gaga’’s Free Woman (audio/video). 

C25-B2250-2-C0-F-4-D65-9-ABB-7110-FE1904

“Rumor going round Interscope; Gaga and her team discussed releasing this as a single, featuring none other than Britney Spears. On condition Brit has her conservatorship relaxed i.e her father Jamie Spears is out. She/they knows this would be “pop culturally”speaking massive AF! The record label wasn’t loving the idea. RCA was approached, but nothing came out of it. Anyway, the talks sparked a frenzy inside RCA hence the sudden promotion and backing of Britney (and Glory). Albeit, 4 years too late”

Does anybody think, or know if, there is any truth to this?

It might explain why on November 10, UO announced it was releasing SWTS only hours after the conservatorship court hearing wrapped. Perhaps, RCA (along with everyone else) had expected a different verdict - Jamie is gone for good - and was planning on using the “positive ruling” as a window of opportunity to generate buzz and somehow re-ignite Britney’s pop career ahead of the collab.

It would explain why Glory’s rerelease “appears” to be a last minute decision by the label....to bide time... and why it’s been so freakin messy.

Was - is there still - the possibility of a Gaga/Britney Free Woman collab? 

D9-F8-DC70-B7-DE-4-D4-D-BA2-F-C23-A1-F58

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would be cute but i don't believe it, i doubt Gaga wants to be involved in the whole conservatorship mess, otherwise she would have talked about the Free Britney movement a long time ago, we all know how much she loves to talk/brag about acceptation, mental health, depression, human rights and all that stuff, i think other popstars are too afraid to get in trouble that's why none of them except Miley talked about this whole Free Britney thing in public, they're part of the problem, they could use their power and influence to make things go faster and bring awareness but let's be real hollywood is corrupt af and that isn't happening anytime soon 

they're all fake as hell, none of them give a flying ****ck about Britney's situation, even Selena Gomez the self-proclammed  advocate for mental health never mentioned Free Britney, those people are too afraid to get blacklisted in Hollywood. 

Archived