Kelly Clarkson's ex-husband Brandon Blackstock demands $436,000 a month in child support

The very first American Idol, and one of the shows biggest successes, is in the midst of a messy lawsuit with her ex husband and ex father in law over money.

The court's ruled in her favor over their two children - she was awarded sole physical custody. He has visitation rights, but they stay with her in a permanent basis.

However, he's asking for $436K a month in child and spousal support payments. They'll visit him for the occasional holidays or weekends, depending on her discretion as that's out of his control.

"Brandon's been equally unreasonable in his requests for child and spousal support, as well as attorney fees," a source tells People. "Kelly's offered to pay for all the kids' expenses, but Brandon seems to think he is entitled to and needs $301K in spousal support and $135K in child support per month."

That's $5.2 million per year.

"Additionally, he's already asked for $2M for attorney fees when he's the one driving up the cost of the divorce with seven attorneys just representing him alone," the source adds. 

It's also noted she signed a pre-nup (most marriages of celebs don't), so she isn't losing anything that way, but the courts know she makes more money than he does through her recording contract with Atlantic.

She's in talks with both Sony and 19 Recordings about securing the masters to the idol contract (which she shaded as an arranged marriage).

So kudo's to Kelly. Seems the courts in your hand. 

After this is over, I'll switch managers and business associate's..

FYI her ex father in law was married to Reba McEntire. If you read the comments... most of them are saying this is the pattern of like father and son. Marry a successful woman, only to divorce and ask the court for money, which obviously looks like it's not working at all here. 

They see right through him.

kelly-money.jpg.07dc787b812b3ff8157ef759b8b1ae9d.jpg

• Love 4
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, lappyhunt1024 said:

How do people think like you? A woman shouldn't be obligated to change her life for man or vice versa. She was Kelly Clarkson when they met. He doesn't deserve ****. 

Go bake cookies for your husband in the 1950's Karen, cuz your views are clearly outdated. 

It has nothing to do with her being a woman, a man would also pay child support in proportion to his income 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, thebritmaster said:

It has nothing to do with her being a woman, a man would also pay child support in proportion to his income 

You clearly misread that Karen. . . that statement wasn't man vs woman, it was the fact that he knew who he married. Why should stop being "Kelly Clarkson" because she met a man and got married? He doesn't need that much in child support or spousal support. Point blank. Get a damn job. He doesn't have the kids. At least Kevin had SOME custody. This is ridiculous. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

He always gave me weird vibes. There’s been a lot of speculation of him cheating in the past and kelly has stated they have *** at least once a day. Never seemed healthy to me. 

i think she should lose weight, stop with that annoying egotistical talk show of her talking over celebrities and making everything about herself and then make a my December 2.0. I want angry, skinny Kelly!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block