Britney Spears officially releases "Swimming In The Stars" to coincide with her 39th birthday

6 minutes ago, the_blackout said:

Let's not fool ourselves, just enjoy "The Song" but don't state that it's all Britney. 

People that trained their ears listening to her since 1998, will immediately spot Myah's parts.

And shame on her team for making her look so BAD, when they try to fool us AND the GP by letting people think this is actually Britney.

People KNOW. No wonder Meghan Trainor shaded Britney lately, Sadly, she's right.

I never said that it's all Britney, i can spot a second girl singing backgroundvocals in the last chorus, but no Myah in there. 

It's probably because of her voice, she is singing very high, so it sound a little empty with just one vocalpart. 

They did this since BOMT, they even layered her vocals like three times at the (almost) same time in Womanizer. 

• Like 1

Not the best, not the worst. It can be catchy if you are willing to keep listening. It sure sounds like a bonus track and theres that :useeinthis_chew_eating_pink:

What bothers me about it is that they pushed the backing vocals so loud in some parts that you just know it's not Britney, and yes I heard the lead vocals. Right in the end there's a voice that sounds more similar to BeBe than Britney. The vocal effects were kinda unecessary.

Will RCA invest with iTunes banners? Streaming playlists? A lyric video perhaps? Cause otherwise it will perform just like Mood Ring, it will sell but it wont chart. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Kevney said:

Can you image thinking it's "only a few" and not most. ugh. a minority in a minority.

i have been here all day reading it doesn't fully sound like her, guess we all got together before this to dislike how her voice sounds on this. 

It is her vocals.

just bad choice of vocal productions.

believe me, you can play a lot with how a vocal can sound

you can add warmth, add transients, change it’s timbre even. 

i am making my second LP so I have learnt so much about vocal productions.

this is heavily melodyned and slapped a super robotic vocoder on everything.

i dont know why someone think this effect sounds good?

The last chorus: “in gravity’s arms we’ll drown” jesus they butcher that adlibs with the vocoder so bad it gives me a headache

:teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

2 minutes ago, Kevney said:

i'm not sure it's Myah this time,

i think they got someone better to mix with the sounds they did have recorded. 

Yea, maybe. But you know how hard it is to find someone that has almost the same as you ? but who knows ..

Lately I discovered that Work ***** is entirely sung by Myah and I felt so sad. Ruining a legacy of o Truly beautiful Soul/Artist/Performer/Singer with this sick strategy.

Shame on ANYBODY who brought that.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Btw when someone say’s it sounds like myah vocals

you can achieve that by put her vocals in melodyne and push it to be on key 100%, then remove all her natural vibrato waves. 
it will sound like Myah lol

this is because Myah voice doesnt have as much vibrato/ shakiness as Britney does

2 minutes ago, Kiey said:

It is her vocals.

just bad choice of vocal productions.

believe me, you can play a lot with how a vocal can sound

you can add warmth, add transients, change it’s timbre even. 

i am making my second LP so I have learnt so much about vocal productions.

this is heavily melodyned and slapped a super robotic vocoder on everything.

i dont know why someone think this effect sounds good?

The last chorus: “in gravity’s arms we’ll drown” jesus they butcher that adlibs with the vocoder so bad it gives me a headache

well people who like it say both so i am done following it. lol. it is her vocals, it's her vocals with backup, it's the production. the point is it aint sound good how it is.

I know most people don’t like the vocal layering of the song. Whether it’s her not, I think it adds to the transcendence of the song, if that even makes sense?

Overall, not her best song, but it’s not supposed to be. It’s a cutting room song, but still an amazing cutting room song. 

That drum beat will have my head bopping for weeks to come.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, the_blackout said:

Yea, maybe. But you know how hard it is to find someone that has almost the same as you ? but who knows ..

Lately I discovered that Work ***** is entirely sung by Myah and I felt so sad. Ruining a legacy of o Truly beautiful Soul/Artist/Performer/Singer with this sick strategy.

Shame on ANYBODY who brought that.

But Britney did record Work ***** tho, the Las Vegas version is different, so her vocals have to be somewhere. 

And in Britneys case, i don't think, it's that difficult to get a vocaldouble, because many songs from Britney have backgroundvocals. And let's not forget the Circus (song) part: "I feel the adrenaline moving..." which is also Myah. 

2 minutes ago, Kevney said:

well people who like it say both so i am done following it. lol. it is her vocals, it's her vocals with backup, it's the production. the point is it aint sound good how it is.

I agree. this vocal producer is as bad as the one that did Britney Jean

How on earth did they think the fans will like her vocals like this?

no warmth, just tons of high frequencies and transients on top of a robotic vocoder. I mean sure u can do that for the chorus. But they literally started that with the verses and it’s putting me off

listen to her raw vocals on the other thread, she sounded AMAZING

• Love 1

Also not people who SCREAM boycott listening to the new music in the first place :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: and then having the audacity to listen to it for free when she worked hard to create them songs years ago - do not dare claim we have no morals when you're listening to her music illegally. NEWSFLASH the illegal link you're listening from originally came from a stream/purchase of the song, so you're not any better. HYPOCRITES.

Just my two cents :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Kiey said:

I agree. this vocal producer is as bad as the one that did Britney Jean

How on earth did they think the fans will like her vocals like this?

no warmth, just tons of high frequencies and transients on top of a robotic vocoder. I mean sure u can do that for the chorus. But they literally started that with the verses and it’s putting me off

listen to her raw vocals on the other thread, she sounded AMAZING

cant wait for the stripped down nick* remix

• Love 1
  • Like 1

every human every birth-sing year has to make one million on the starting year and + 1 million every coming year

example: as a 1-year old star children are supposed to make 1 million

at 5 5 million

at 15 15 millions etc

it is a surefire way for a star to cope in this world cause the stars have to buy so many deodorants

and the stink is getting bigger and bigger with every year

1 minute ago, QZeusLiquorQ said:

every human every birth-sing year has to make one million on the starting year and + 1 million every coming year

example: as a 1-year old star children are supposed to make 1 million

at 5 5 million

at 15 15 millions etc

it is a surefire way for a star to cope in this world cause the stars have to buy so many deodorants

and the stink is getting bigger and bigger with every year

what? :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1