Britney Spears officially releases "Swimming In The Stars" to coincide with her 39th birthday

5 minutes ago, Kevney said:

Honestly shocked that you agree. I was scared to read your reply. :) 

nobody is denying theres a prominent backing vocalist though. Britney is clearly is singing the majority of the lead and the fact that you cant enjoy it for what it is is unfortunate. like why are you so hellbent on reminding everyone that she's not singing when she very clearly is for most of this track?

• Love 1
Just now, David Rose said:

nobody is denying theres a prominent backing vocalist though. Britney is clearly is singing the majority of the lead and the fact that you cant enjoy it for what it is is unfortunate. like why are you so hellbent on reminding everyone that she's not singing when she very clearly is for most of this track?

I don't think most agree with you. They keep saying all Britney, and no.

I am not on twitter saying this, it's exhale. and it's all people keep commenting. i didn't ask them to do that. I see post after post saying it. I am gonna reply to one since I agree. It's not a normal amount to use that much of a bg vocal. 

I’ve heard the raw vocals this 100% her I think it’s ridiculous that people are singling out a single word in a verse and saying it’s not her. The record company and the producers are not going to find a singer to splice in a single word especially when Britney is more than capable of singing it. There is nothing in this song beyond her capabilities. People do her a great disservice by forgetting just how versatile this girls voice is. I’ve been a hardcore fan of britney since the very beginning I was in the 8th grade when BOMT was released this her, get over yourselves and enjoy or don’t but stop dragging her for something that is nothing more than trumpian style conspiracy theory.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, Kevney said:

I am not on twitter saying this, it's exhale. and it's all people keep commenting. i didn't ask them to do that. I see post after post saying it. I am gonna reply to one since I agree. It's not a normal amount to use that much of a bg vocal. 

I think 90% of it is actually Britney, her voice has just been heavily filtered/processed. She’s also singing the song in a different tone based on the raw isolated vocals that leaked. Also there are song’s where JLo doesn’t even sing the chorus and Madonna’s Living For Love features a ton of a backing vocalist on the chorus! 

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Kevney said:

like even the post right after this one that you reacted to saying it was 100% her - they were referring to the vocal stem that leaked, which I can promise you unequivocally is 100% her. they weren't referring to the entire song.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I think 90% of it is actually Britney, her voice has just been heavily filtered/processed. She’s also singing the song in a different tone based on the raw isolated vocals that leaked. Also there are song’s where JLo doesn’t even sing the chorus and Madonna’s Living For Love features a ton of a backing vocalist on the chorus! 

there's parts with loud backing vocals that are a bit overwhelming and some adlibs that I think aren't Britney. but the rest is her, including some of the classic Britney adlibs. and you can hear her throughout the song, even in the overly layered parts. like I dont get how some people cant recognize this.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I think it's fine to like the song really. I understand why, ect ect

But I really love her more unique/natural sounding voice. I have been a fan since i was like 10.

I don't think this song is a bad song. I also don't understand why it's an issue to point out things that are true, and they are not bad's things, but i get the right to dislike taken away, even though i can't remember that last thing i disliked. Some say it's trump like conspiracy of course she sings all of it, and you are a fool if you think otherwise. but people are focused on what I say? Why? 

Okay, I have listened to multiple times.  It's a slow burner and I love it now :).  You can sometimes hear the background singer but the warbles and vibrato are signature her.  It is majority her with a background singer...which there are usually background singers. 

Anyway love it and miss her.  Hopefully soon she will be free and give us even more new music.  If that is what she wants.

Just bought it and listened to it for the very first time! What a song! - I mean, I could have lived without the vocal effects in the verses but they don't bother me at all. They add to the cosmic, divine, beautiful atmosphere.

I was SHOCKED to see that Britney was #10 on the German iTunes Oo - I can't even remember when she was that high on that list?... maybe "Scream & Shout"? Oo

• Love 5