Britney Spears officially releases "Swimming In The Stars" to coincide with her 39th birthday

13 minutes ago, Commotion said:

Thoughts on this song and situation:

• Some parts don't sound like Britney even if they are, I believe low key it's cus of the bad track record with her and soundalikes in her songs.
  • Britney is not working at the moment :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: I'm listening to a rip and not streaming nor buying anything on any platform since this makes money to the man Britney is scared of and under whom she will not perform again.
  • The Britney team is literally trying to pull a Britney Jean on us unearthing material with doubtful vocals with cute new pictures.
  • The song is cute and could've worked as an album track in the vein of Invitation, Just Luv Me and Man on the Moon.
  • However, the sound quality is awful. I'd be disappointed if I were listening on vinyl.
  • Britney has not said a word about these songs coming out. As Britney was involved with Glory heavily and she loved the album, she could've just literally said "hey guys I've got some songs that didn't make the cut but they're amazing, I'm putting them out there now because of #justiceforglory!" and she's literally been silent :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney: She may not even remember recording these or worse, dislikes them and that's why they're not on Glory.
  • This is an obvious Breathe In Breathe Out reject, same producer, same timeframe in 2015.
  • Her team is SO TONE DEAF :clownery_makeup_meme: WHY ARE THEY RELEASING A SONG WITH A COVER THAT HAS BRITNEY WITH CHAINS ON THE FLOOR AND SHUSHING AT THE LISTENER? In 2016, this would've felt like a huge win and a tounge in cheek moment, because it felt like a triumphant year for her. But knowing all of her issues since the Domination cancellation, this looks H O R R I B L E 

tlrd dont finance her awful oppresive team, fight for #freebritney and listen to illegal rips!

correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure her label has to release something contractually and music releases don't make that much revenue. I don't disagree about this being in bad taste considering what's going on in her personal life but its probably why she hasn't said anything about the track. it's basic anyways so its probably a good thing she doesn't draw attention to it :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I really enjoy it!! I dont love it but I think its a great track. So close to be anthemic but seems a bit flat at times. 

Though  I see this on a movie soundtrack // I'm getting some Paris Hilton vibes from this.:idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Imma keep listening and I'm sure i'lll grow to love/appreciate it more. Super curious about the Backstreet boys song hehe

HAPPY BIRTHDAY B! Thanks for gifting us fans on your special day - charitable queen!:yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

• Love 1

The project seems very off. Britney doesn't give a c**p about it (no promotion at all) . But I somehow think it has purpose. It's probably not a money maker (or is it?). My theory is that it's simpley a dry run for the production and release machinery behind Britney, since they didn't release anything in a while. Maybe really more is coming.

Regarding the song, it's not an instant classic, but it's an unproblematic song, which could do well in the broader/casual mainstream. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
45 minutes ago, Nomada said:

If Hilary duff on the backing vocals? On Matthew post they said that, i can hear other woman voice on the back, and the song sound like BIBO, so Magical is so beautiful 

Actually thats what I thought when I heard it first time. Like it could be anyone on the main vocals and it sounds more like Hilary then Britney

2 minutes ago, toysoldier88 said:

Cute but Mood ring pride remix>>>>>>>>

This One sounds like She worked more on the vocals, too bad they oveproduced them as usual:byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

i love that remix and i dont always like remixes that often

it's britney *****,

the real one

• Like 1

The vocal production is all over the place and the song isn't the usual type of song I like from Britney, but it's already really growing on me on the second listen. I can see the lyrics being good for 2020/quarantine/lockdowns.

Still feels really weird having this released while Britney is refusing to work and hasn't said anything on social media about the song or the re-release of Glory. She has to pay her lawyers somehow though at least.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Shadow. said:

correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure her label has to release something contractually and music releases don't make that much revenue. I don't disagree about this being in bad taste considering what's going on in her personal life but its probably why she hasn't said anything about the track. it's basic anyways so its probably a good thing she doesn't draw attention to it :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

In my personal view I don't want even a cent or 0,0000001% of a cent produced with my stream going to a man who makes Britney feel afraid. Her team must be making some money from these because they've only been pumping fan dedicated content out since she's stopped working (Mood Ring internationally, SITS, new version of Glory, My Only Wish and the future releases). They never bothered with fan service when she was making them money touring

Other than that yeah, it feels it is in extremely poor taste. It's like making her work when she just doesn't want to, you've got people on this same threat wanting Britney to make a video for it? She's literally told a judge she's not working. The Britney brand should be on hiatus.

• Love 2
  • Like 1