Britney Spears officially releases "Swimming In The Stars" to coincide with her 39th birthday

6 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Team Boycott ain’t allowed to enjoy this :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

5 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Hmmm not you thinking that stealing from all the artists involved is better than a boycott :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare: 

You do realize she’s not the only person involved right? There are a team of writers and producers as well. I’m not going to get into a debate with anyone about this anymore. Y’all think this is like ********* someone and clearly arguing doesn’t make either individual change the others minds. So kindly ignore those that aren’t Team Boycott and give each other in your team kudos and brownie points about what morally righteous individuals y’all are and leave the rest of us hellions alone :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

The day someone from Team Boycott inspires someone that isn’t Team Boycott to join their cause is the day that I’ll give it any credibility. Until then it doesn’t make sense to keep arguing about this ****. We all have lives outside of here so stop beating a dead horse and if y’all want to boycott then go on ahead and boycott. Those that want to stream and support can stream and support. See how easy that is? :endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen:

:gloria_falling_stairs_trip: I-

I love you :bigkiss_britney_kissing:

5 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

If Britney didn't want us to buy the new tracks, she would've already sent them to Billy to leak them through an Instagram live, like she did with Hey Ma and Sinner :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

I'm team:

• Buy or stream it legally
  • Or don't buy, don't stream, but don't listen to it in any other, illegal way
  • Or if you get the track illegally, then don't come and try to lecture others about morality

:bcut_britney_clapboard:

:omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised: the logic, the rationality :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

4 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Wooow. :fakewow_selena_surprised_shocked: You're such a perfect, clean and flawless person. A man with morals. Teach me your ways, oh perfect and wise user @One More Time. You probably go to church on Sundays. When will me? :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas:

Big words. But weren't you all over the Mood Ring streaming party threads? Posting peak positions and whatever? I'm pretty sure that was you. :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

:mae_fire_explosion_dead_spiderman_old_woman:  Omg baby, the snap:thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

:bedtime_britney_book_Reading: Period. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

The day someone from Team Boycott inspires someone that isn’t Team Boycott to join their cause is the day that I’ll give it any credibility. Until then it doesn’t make sense to keep arguing about this ****. We all have lives outside of here so stop beating a dead horse and if y’all want to boycott then go on ahead and boycott. Those that want to stream and support can stream and support. See how easy that is? :endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen:

The credibility is in the court documents.

Your selfishness is in your statements.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Cheshire-B said:

What I don't understand about people who want to boycott her music is that it feels like they're not thinking about the future. Like maybe they feel like heroes or some king of holy godney army on their way to save jesusney but let's face it : it's going to be as bad as it could be good for her. I don't think boycotting her release and streamings is a solution for what she's in. 

As fans if her career hit rock bottom because of boycotting we could be like "yaaaaas, team c-ship is over, yaaaaas we did it, yaaas" BUT it won't set her free because the judge could interpret it as being incapable to work/ succeed in work / earning enough money for taking care of the kids. The GP also will see a terrible image, everybody will make fun of her for this, she will be seen as a hasbeen and a flop and so on... The only thing boycotting her music release would do is hurting her even more. Just imagine if she gets to be out of the c-ship but we messed up her career so much by boycotting that it would be impossible for her to successfully come back after that ? 

And you can say whatever you want, I think that Britney, no matter who's behind what, gets happy to see people buying, streaming and enjoying her music and performances. If the solution was to end the career to stop the c-ship she would have trashed her own "Piece of me" show, she would have purposely done it bad. But y'all see : she did it awesome and looked truly happy on stage even with all the c-ship that was behind.

I don't think destroying her career is the solution to end the c-ship because if it was the solution she would have done it herself a long time ago. 

Her team literally released an album with a ghost singer on it. Fans are destroying her career?

• Love 1
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Her team literally released an album with a ghost singer on it. Fans are destroying her career?

I'm not saying we are destroying her career right now, I'm saying that it could be the case eventually if we keep boycotting music. Like I try to imagine what could be the outcome of boycotting in the long term.

Also don't make me say what I didn't say. I never said that her team is not trashing her career. My post is only about the possible outcome if fans boycott music, my previous and what I say in it has no direct link with her team which is a total different subject and I have a total different opinion about her team of course. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Hmmm not you thinking that stealing from all the artists involved is better than a boycott :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare: 

Erm no sweetie. Its better for britney right now. The less money she makes, the less that gets spent keeping her in the conservatorship. What part of- “im not WORKING until my dad is out” do some of you people not understand?? 

Also. I cant steal something that was already stolen and shared with me. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

I love how this 6 pages is argumentation about is boycotting good or not. Just like every single day. Persistent opinions and fighting are the ways to keep this forum alive I see :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

:yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: I just want to know, why are people suddenly so pressed about other people who don't want to support these new releases. It's a personal choice and it doesn't mean that boycotting people can't enjoy her older hits from CD's they've bought or even stream her older songs that were released before these new releases.

For me it's just kinda creepy that they keep on releasing new Britney material from over 5 years ago because Britney is not interested in working under the current situation. For me it doesn't matter if it is team-C or her label that keeps on milking with her name. It's not about the money. My morals just don't allow me to go into stan mode and act like this is something Britney herself wants.

Go on, downvote me if you want or start arguments with me how hypocrite I am for not wanting this weird model to continue where we get new Britney material without her input. For me it's like posthumous releases at this point, expect she's not dead. :hideous_um_zoom_hide_what_confused_scared:

I'm happy to continue supporting Britney Spears branded releases once I see a court document saying that Britney is happy with the current system and continues on working. For me that's all I want to hear. Her rights and happiness>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>new music from her. :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell:

• Love 4
4 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

It's not about being a better person for listening to it on streaming platforms.

Everything comes from people who keep making all this fuzz about these particular releases, Swimming in the Stars and the re-issue with Matches, because they come up precisely after the lawyer has said she's refusing to work as long as Jamie keeps in control of the estate.

So if they're so offended that they're daring to release something without Britney's permission or consent (allegedly, 'cause we don't even know if she's aware of this release, and if she agrees or not), how can they say that they're not buying it, but they're streaming it illegally anyways? It's not about how they listen to it, if they do it the legal or the illegal way, it's, all of those that bring up the lawyer statement argument, should be disgusted just at the sole thought of listening to something that Britney supposedly didn't want to release. THEY are the ones pretending to be a better person because they're not giving their coins to Jamie, but they'll be enjoying anyway what Britney, according to them, didn't want to release. How does that make any sense? How does that make them better?

And the truth is that yeah, whether there's corruption or not in buying it or streaming it "legally", downloading it illegally is still wrong, so everyone should choose to do whatever they like, but stop coming here pretending to be guilt free and telling others how wrong they are, or the bad fans that they are, or that they're supporting slavery, or I don't know how many other things they've said, when they're still doing something wrong, not just because of the law, but because if they're listening they're enjoying something Britney didn't want to release, supposedly.

Boycotting these small releases won't hurt their wallets AT ALL. Instead of calling out other fans for supporting the new songs, all these boycotters should be calling out the general public for streaming all the rest of Britney's catalogue. They should be protesting to make all the streaming platforms pull out Britney's music from their services so her team stops receiving money from that source (although that would also affect Britney, but apparently that's what boycotters want).

6 hours ago, One More Time said:

If I am not streaming it’s about me and how I feel not about Britney. 

She at the end will be okay getting our support or not.

The thing is that I feel certain kind of way (bad) because I know what is happening and what I am doing is from my point of view is morality wrong in so many ways

in the other hand if I decide to listen and enjoy the song it’s because I could care less tbh it’s not our problem we don’t have to have the pressure to solve someone life

but we as fans have been so concerned and a little stressed over all what is happening that it’s overwhelming even to think to listen to a song

and this have not to be this way... oh god where are we going to end 

This is the way I feel about all the thing.

I don’t know if I made sense at all. And I don’t speak for the majority of people only for myself

1 hour ago, Peter Pan said:

It’s dec 2 in New Zealand so technically they could check if it’s available lol cause I don’t think Spotify is gonna wait until it’s dec 2 in the US. 
I’m just really hoping for a message from Britney...

It's not out in NZ.  If it's a birthday treat from Britney then we won't have anything until it hits the 2nd in EST.  She's certain to post on Instagram for her birthday so it will either be around midnight alongside her post, or if she doesn't post until later in the day it will probably be an announcement it's coming on Friday.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Puppy said:

I doubt she will hold any ill feelings for fans enjoying her work. It’s not like she hates making music as it shows with Glory.

15 hours ago, halfdressed said:

I think we can all agree Britney hates being taken advantage of and her restraints. but she is an artist at heart and at will before all this. i cannot in my heart feel that she doesn't want her fans to be happy and enjoy content from her despite the ****show she is living. i just can't. and that's not coming from the selfish wanting new music part of me. tbh I'm a big fan of ITZ and blackout only (musically.. and with some selections from Britney and Glory ((and her greatest production ever, inside out))) so i'm not even that desperate for this stuff to come out - still excited to hear it, though. Anyway, I'm rambling and digressing. I'm a pretty objective and rational person and I can't imagine Britney wants her fans to abandon something like this that is more of a keeping relevancy/fulfilling agreement ploy than a cash grab imo. 

Thanks for the replies :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

Totally agree with both points. Glory is one of my favorite Britney albums, so I'm excited to hear another track from it. I'm just suspect of anything that comes out these days because we know how hard Britney is fighting for control of her career and we don't know how much of a say she has in the Glory tracks that came out this year. It's not like Team B is going to see a ton of cash rolling in from any of this, so it is likely related to contracts and/or keeping her name and music out there. 

4 hours ago, Cheshire-B said:

What I don't understand about people who want to boycott her music is that it feels like they're not thinking about the future. Like maybe they feel like heroes or some king of holy godney army on their way to save jesusney but let's face it : it's going to be as bad as it could be good for her. I don't think boycotting her release and streamings is a solution for what she's in. 

As fans if her career hit rock bottom because of boycotting we could be like "yaaaaas, team c-ship is over, yaaaaas we did it, yaaas" BUT it won't set her free because the judge could interpret it as being incapable to work/ succeed in work / earning enough money for taking care of the kids. The GP also will see a terrible image, everybody will make fun of her for this, she will be seen as a hasbeen and a flop and so on... The only thing boycotting her music release would do is hurting her even more. Just imagine if she gets to be out of the c-ship but we messed up her career so much by boycotting that it would be impossible for her to successfully come back after that ? 

And you can say whatever you want, I think that Britney, no matter who's behind what, gets happy to see people buying, streaming and enjoying her music and performances. If the solution was to end the career to stop the c-ship she would have trashed her own "Piece of me" show, she would have purposely done it bad. But y'all see : she did it awesome and looked truly happy on stage even with all the c-ship that was behind.

I don't think destroying her career is the solution to end the c-ship because if it was the solution she would have done it herself a long time ago. 

Do you really think that boycott a song will destroy her career? Even after FF and BJ mess?? They're again forcing her to work, something that she's not willing to do.

• Love 1