Britney Spears officially releases "Swimming In The Stars" to coincide with her 39th birthday

1 hour ago, HeavenOnHell said:

Not edm for sure. The teaser alone sounds very vibey.... im expecting "chains" by nick jonas similarity. :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary:

Thats why im so excited:goat_monster_devil_dance_dancing_makeup_brush:

Stream nick jonas chains..... such a vibe. :typing_keyboard_computer:

I'll check it out .. the teaser for me was very vibey so i  really really hope it sticks to that. The sound works so much for her, i would love her to explore this sound and go darker with it! but probs wouldnt happen. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, alienatedNey said:

I don’t know about yall but I haven’t been this excited since forever. :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

Me too, I can’t help it. She’s so huge to me, and for all the positivity she’s starting to see in her Con case, I’m excited for her. So I feel fine about supporting the song. I’m sure it will be a hit.
Im done feeling negative on the situation about her music & career / money going to her Con team. We know it’s going to get better for her, it’s only a matter of time until she’s completely out of it or where it’s at a good point and she’s happy with the legal structure that’s been built around her.
If she’s accepting and happy with the eventual outcome, then I’m good with it. But I’m choosing to also support the music, it’s why we love Britney in the first place. It’s not a condition of being a fan of her the person, but I’m also not going to refuse it just because it plays some part in her situation. I’m trying my best to separate the two. 
Love for her craft and art had existed before she was put into her conservatorship and it had remained good and enjoyable. So I’m choosing to keep the spirit of her legacy alive. If Britney herself chooses to formally return to her career, she needs something to come back to. And she loves Glory, so who’s to say that she wouldn’t like or approve of the idea of a re-release? But I want to hear it from her though. 

Okay my bad, that was a lot to read.  I just wanted to let explain my stance of everything.  :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 3
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods
5 hours ago, LikeShatteredGlass said:

I'll probably play it over and over again like I did with Mood Ring (spent a good part of the summer drunkenly screaming "play Mood Ring!" at my friends) because I'm so hungry for new Britney that I'll take any crumb I can get. But I'll feel some level of guilt because I really doubt this is what Britney wants. 

nicksplat rugrats GIF

I doubt she will hold any ill feelings for fans enjoying her work. It’s not like she hates making music as it shows with Glory.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Hmmm not you thinking that stealing from all the artists involved is better than a boycott :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare: 

Stealing from Britney team did you mean.

Britney for the industry is nothing but a “thing” an object...even for the law.

If she really want her fans to enjoy her “art” it better going to be on terms we agree with.

to each their own 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, One More Time said:

Stealing from Britney team did you mean.

Britney for the industry is nothing but a “thing” an object...even for the law.

If she really want her fans to enjoy her “art” it better going to be on terms we agree with.

to each their own 

You do realize she’s not the only person involved right? There are a team of writers and producers as well. I’m not going to get into a debate with anyone about this anymore. Y’all think this is like ********* someone and clearly arguing doesn’t make either individual change the others minds. So kindly ignore those that aren’t Team Boycott and give each other in your team kudos and brownie points about what morally righteous individuals y’all are and leave the rest of us hellions alone :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

• Love 2
  • Like 3

The day someone from Team Boycott inspires someone that isn’t Team Boycott to join their cause is the day that I’ll give it any credibility. Until then it doesn’t make sense to keep arguing about this ****. We all have lives outside of here so stop beating a dead horse and if y’all want to boycott then go on ahead and boycott. Those that want to stream and support can stream and support. See how easy that is? :endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen:

• Love 4
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

You do realize she’s not the only person involved right? There are a team of writers and producers as well. I’m not going to get into a debate with anyone about this anymore. Y’all think this is like ********* someone and clearly arguing doesn’t make either individual change the others minds. So kindly ignore those that aren’t Team Boycott and give each other in your team kudos and brownie points about what morally righteous individuals y’all are and leave the rest of us hellions alone :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

If we ignore each other we will not have the opportunity to discuss this important topic.

having the opportunity to discuss such things, and making points of view rich our minds and also rip apart some stigmas and “conspiracies”

yes there are more people involved..if there are money involved.... I am not the person to say what they have to do. But these people at that time knew who they were working for and how or in what terms they were working. Ethics are a problem if money is involved. 

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

The day someone from Team Boycott inspires someone that isn’t Team Boycott to join their cause is the day that I’ll give it any credibility. Until then it doesn’t make sense to keep arguing about this ****. We all have lives outside of here so stop beating a dead horse and if y’all want to boycott then go on ahead and boycott. Those that want to stream and support can stream and support. See how easy that is? :endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen:

Lmao. As if someone is going to boycott something in this forum at this scale...

I think it’s more of a individual thing to do...

there are not “team that or that” just people that love Britney and have different opinions and ethics 

we live outside but while we have time to stay an search in here it’s a clear and great opportunity to discuss and whatnot 

at the end of the day both sides hurt and benefit britney. not streaming makes it so her dad can’t take any of her money to use for his lawyers, but britney won’t be getting any money for hers. if you do stream, it brings in revenue for britney and her lawyers, but also for j*mie and his. it’s ****** either way. i’d rather stream and give britney/j*mie $0.00735 but i’m also not gonna harass people who don’t. there is no right or wrong decision at this point. that’s just my opinion on all of it :-)

• Love 2

If Britney didn't want us to buy the new tracks, she would've already sent them to Billy to leak them through an Instagram live, like she did with Hey Ma and Sinner :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

I'm team:

• Buy or stream it legally
  • Or don't buy, don't stream, but don't listen to it in any other, illegal way
  • Or if you get the track illegally, then don't come and try to lecture others about morality

:bcut_britney_clapboard:

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Like 4
Just now, kimsaprincess said:

at the end of the day both sides hurt and benefit britney. not streaming makes it so her dad can’t take any of her money to use for his lawyers, but britney won’t be getting any money for hers. if you do stream, it brings in revenue for britney and her lawyers, but also for j*mie and his. it’s ****** either way. i’d rather stream and give britney/j*mie $0.00735 but i’m also not gonna harass people who don’t. there is no right or wrong decision at this point. that’s just my opinion on all of it :-)

that makes it sound as if at this moment her team isn't making any money at all, and all their income was depending on this new release, when in reality they're already making a lot of money with everything that is already out for streaming, her old catalogue.

but it's true it hurts both sides. Britney is on a performing hiatus right now. She doesn't have a second job that we know of. Her only income right now is what she makes out of her music, whether is streaming or sales, and what she can get from her perfumes and other merch. Maybe there's some investments, or whatever. If she stops making money from her music, then what does she have left? And I'm not saying it because her fortune is going to end, but, I believe part of the things she has to do in order to prove to the court she's a responsible adult that can handle her life is that she's able to have a constant, steady income of money. That she can provide for herself.

Knowing James and his lawyers, they're capable of saying: look, how little she's making out of music, she has to return to perform, and if she doesn't want to work, then she's mentally unstable, she's hurting her finances on purpose. They've already brought up the silliest things on court papers, from refusing to go to The Zone to her Instagram posts, so everything that happens or doesn't happen with her career will be used against her in the conservatorship case.

• Love 1