Britney Spears officially releases "Swimming In The Stars" to coincide with her 39th birthday

3 minutes ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

You've inspired me to go watch the Lucky video tbh. Honestly I don't know why, there was just something about it I rejected when I was younger. I think it was too sugary sweet bubble gum pop for my tastes and the video seemed cheesy to me at the time as well. But I feel you, as an adult it hits different. I never saw the whole Idol Ruined By Fame thing, can you describe what you're referring to as far as the use of the song on there? 

The song redone could be amazing. For sure. In her normal, deep voice. 

As far as DD is concerned lol I think you have to be in the mood for cheese to truly appreciate it. For me its the same as E-Mail My Heart, which low-key has really good vocals hahaha.

I always liked the video for some reason... Tbh the oops videos are perfect, even DLMBTLTK that I never loved as a song. 

Yeah, I never hated Lucky, but never cared either. I remember I was like meh, whatever when I first found out itd be the second single. I really didnt understand what was special about the song back then. Tbh as a kid I didnt even pay attention that the lyrics were actually sad bc Britney would always perform with such a big smile on her face, looking like the American dream she was. The irony, right? It feels differently as an adult indeed, and even more after FreeBritney and what we know about her handlers, family, team, etc. 

Itd be amazing If she could do an unplugged version of the song, maybe with Jayden playing the piano :unreal_omg_no_way_shocked_wow_surprised:

I prefer Email My heart than DD. DD always sounded too childish for me, even when I was a child haha 

Just go to 11:45 

5 minutes ago, Bundy said:

I always liked the video for some reason... Tbh the oops videos are perfect, even DLMBTLTK that I never loved as a song. 

Yeah, I never hated Lucky, but never cared either. I remember I was like meh, whatever when I first found out itd be the second single. I really didnt understand what was special about the song back then. Tbh as a kid I didnt even pay attention that the lyrics were actually sad bc Britney would always perform with such a big smile on her face, looking like the American dream she was. The irony, right? It feels differently as an adult indeed, and even more after FreeBritney and what we know about her handlers, family, team, etc. 

Itd be amazing If she could do an unplugged version of the song, maybe with Jayden playing the piano :unreal_omg_no_way_shocked_wow_surprised:

I prefer Email My heart than DD. DD always sounded too childish for me, even when I was a child haha 

Just go to 11:45 

Thank you for the link! Its truly sad and sobering to see that song juxtaposed to that terrible night. I will have to bookmark this and give the whole video a watch tomorrow.

And I loooooove DLMBTLTK lol. Why don't you like it?

What you say about her singing it with a smile on her face or not knowing its supposed to be a sad song sort of reminds me of Man on the Moon. The track sounds like a lovely Disney princess melody but if you listen to the lyrics they're actually pretty sad if you think about it. Our girl is definitely complex.