This Day in Pop: MTV premieres 'Britney: For the Record' in 2008 (November 30)

6 hours ago, MonAmour said:

This was way more revealing than we thought at the time. What confuses me is Jamie seemed like a loving dad. He made her cheese gritz and cried because she "looked so beautiful". There's some arguing like normal families, but is there a chance that Jamie Spears isn't the actual bad guy? Maybe he's just a scapegoat? I don't know. 

That is what I say the whole time. Of cause, he is not Mr.Perfect.He has his Issus. But he seems really think that he helps Britney and that she is his little baby. And he never really cared for her career before 2007, it was Lynne. He avoided the spotlight.He was never after her money. Lynne is the one with the big mansion and was traveling around the world. There were rumors that she send Britney her bills for her designer clothes. Jamie never does it.He could get his own mansion, but he chooses to stay in the family home instead. Lynne quit her job,but he worked as a cook.So what is happening? And which role does Lou Taylor plays? That Britney is afraid of him? Or is it just because she can come clear with his attitude, that he seems like a rude person? Can be loud?

this is truly one of the most iconic pieces of her career, in my opinion. 

Britney was so vulnerable in this documentary, and everything she said was instantly validated while you watched her team literally push / shove her around, and the legions of trolls/fans/paparazzi that literally terrify her as she does something as simple as getting out of her ******* car. 

I remember watching this documentary and seeing how she had to have stores close their doors so she could shop alone, because paparazzi won't even let her walk into a place. Or the scene where she's trying to have dinner with friends in NYC, and there's practically an army surrounding the place to make sure she's secure. I can't even imagine what that must do to a person mentally. 

I  think one of the biggest standouts of this documentary though for me was her choreographer. When you get to zoom out and just watch her shuffle and twirl, with that big grin on her sweet face, and he's being interviewed and saying how she's such a wonderful person, and she truly deserved to be back on top.... it was touching. 

the following Circus era was SUCH A SLAY too. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Oxic said:

I still can't believe the way she spoke about Justin and Kevin so freely, and even aknowledge how the breakup with Justin lead her who she was back then. :pensiveney_britney_praying_ftr_for_the_record_2008_circus_vmas_thinking: Amazing tbh

I didnt remember that she spoke on FTR that Kevin left her (smt she also talked about on that letter)

Lynne and Justin talked about Britney changing a lot after the split. 

"(The split) was a terrible thing for all involved. I wish they would have parted ways differently, rather than to hurt each other and leave all those scars.

‘Almost 2 years after she and Justin had broken up, Britney was still wounded. She started to act out of pain, in an effort to numb her disappointment and heartache.’

"They were a lot alike - perhaps too similar - and butted their strong wills together too often."

And Lynne hopes the two can rebuild their friendship.

She adds: "They have each grown in compassion and maturity. Here's hoping they can be true friends and put any leftover missing puzzle pieces together for good."

What Justin said was pretty bitter tho, considering he knew damn well her marriage was falling apart and that she was pregnant at the time he said those things. 

15972-135742378848902500.jpg

On that RS cover story, they talked about him giving her stability 

“Justin had his head screwed on so straight, and he rescued her from that world,” says a friend. “He became the great force in her life, but it started a pattern — she began to look for guys to help her get away from the people who control her.”

Here a RS journalist talking about her old gfs saying she felt that he was the only person who wasnt trying to get anything from her. He had his own fortune, so that makes sense. He probably didnt care if she was working or not bc he wasnt leeching off her or depending on her money like her family or people who worked for her. 

11:17 

6 hours ago, Bundy said:

I think the cheese gritz part seemed an act just to show he was taking care of his troubled daughter. Dont forget Britney seemed hella annoyed when he was meddling with what she should do with Womanizer and then called him an *******. 

He is an abusive person, but Britney is probably the only one who never accepted his bs all the time. Maybe thats why they never got along. 

He bashed her publicly in 2007. Defended Larry and called her a sick little girl. There are stories similar to the restauranter one, where he showed up at her shows drunk and embarassed her. 

Hes a bad person. Many bad people think they are right and what they do is justified. Jamie doesnt seem to love her like a caring father would, he only talks about money - her money btw - and wants credit for her career and success. He seems like those ***ist old ****s who cant accept when a woman is more succesful that he ever will be. See Bryan saying the cship has been good for the family and talking about the Britney brand as the Spears family business. Imagine what Jamie really thinks then. They dont respect Britney and if he really loved her, hed have done anything to help her get out of the mess he put her into. He also seems to be punishing Britney someway. She gets 12k a year for personal spending but he throws 500k at Lou like its no biggie even tho Britney isnt even working rn. He was a ****ty dad to Britney all her life and continues to ruin her life. This job is the best he ever had and he seems more interested in keeping that - smt that gives him power and control over her, her assets and career - then helping Britney to be happy and living the life she wants to. If he really cared about Britney, hed leave her alone, but he only talks about Britney resuming her career. He compared her to a racehorse ffs. Lets just accept that there are many bad parents out there, its not that unheard of at all. 

Britney Spears has no one to blame but herself if she loses custody of her two sons and ruins her career, according to her father, Jamie Spears.

In a statement to Page Six yesterday, Jamie sticks up for Britney’s manager Larry Rudolph – who was fired by Britney last Friday, as we first reported.

Britney was furious with Rudolph for forcing her into the Promises rehab clinic in February after she went out almost every night for a month, posed for photos in her underwear with New York dancers and shaved her head.

Jamie Spears told us in an e-mail: “When Larry Rudolph talked Britney into going into rehab, he was doing what her mother, father and team of professionals with over 100 years of experience knew needed to be done. She was out of control. Larry was the one chosen by the team to roll up his sleeves and deliver the message, to help save her life.

“The Spears family would like to publicly apologize to Larry for our daughter’s statements about him over the past few weeks. Unfortunately, she blames him and her family for where she is at today with her kids and career. Larry has always been there for Britney. For this, we will forever be grateful to him.”

Britney told us via her rep, “I am praying for my father. We have never had a good relationship. It’s sad that all the men that have been in my life do not know how to accept a real woman’s love. I am concentrating on my work and my life right now.”

This is SO well said, and I agree with everything you said. He's a terrible father and he's bad. He's been nothing but bad news for Britney.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, frederiickx said:

This is SO well said, and I agree with everything you said. He's a terrible father and he's bad. He's been nothing but bad news for Britney.

Thank u, honey! I cant believe some people still think he loves Britney like a caring father and isnt that bad :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

3 hours ago, Cinderella85 said:

That is what I say the whole time. Of cause, he is not Mr.Perfect.He has his Issus. But he seems really think that he helps Britney and that she is his little baby. And he never really cared for her career before 2007, it was Lynne. He avoided the spotlight.He was never after her money. Lynne is the one with the big mansion and was traveling around the world. There were rumors that she send Britney her bills for her designer clothes. Jamie never does it.He could get his own mansion, but he chooses to stay in the family home instead. Lynne quit her job,but he worked as a cook.So what is happening? And which role does Lou Taylor plays? That Britney is afraid of him? Or is it just because she can come clear with his attitude, that he seems like a rude person? Can be loud?

Oh please. He is an abuser and controlling. He's a typical narcissistic parent which clearly you know nothing about. Lucky you.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, frederiickx said:

Oh please. He is an abuser and controlling. He's a typical narcissistic parent which clearly you know nothing about. Lucky you.

You did not understand what I mean.WHY does he started  with that behavior in 2007,not earlier? Take over her life? This is so strange.Which role does Lou Taylor play? How is she connected  to Jamie? Did she just brainwashed him?

13 hours ago, MonAmour said:

This was way more revealing than we thought at the time. What confuses me is Jamie seemed like a loving dad. He made her cheese gritz and cried because she "looked so beautiful". There's some arguing like normal families, but is there a chance that Jamie Spears isn't the actual bad guy? Maybe he's just a scapegoat? I don't know. 

Abuse is quite complex and has a thousand faces. I think that if it were so black and white, it wouldn't be so hard for people to, first, realize they are being abused and second, to overcome it. Abusers are always confusing.  And he might be an ignorant alcoholic, but he is also a grown man. What he has put her through has no justification. Lou Taylor can be whatever level of evil, but she would not have gotten through without the middle man. 

7 hours ago, Cinderella85 said:

Jamie is known to be an alcoholic who abused his wife and at least one of his minor grandchildren (that we know of). His own grandkids have a restraining order against him. He does not allow his daughter to get to know anybody he does not personally approve of. He has manipulated Britney as an adult by threatening to stop her seeing her children if she “misbehaves” or does not take the medication he forced her to take. When Britney fought back, he forced her into an institution against her wishes for three months. He claims to be protecting Britney’s estate but gives sizeable portions of it to others who haven’t worked for it, and himself. Britney has gone on the record to state she is afraid of him and he continues to crowbar himself into her life. That is NOT a loving father. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, BradAdamson said:

Jamie is known to be an alcoholic who abused his wife and at least one of his minor grandchildren (that we know of). His own grandkids have a restraining order against him. He does not allow his daughter to get to know anybody he does not personally approve of. He has manipulated Britney as an adult by threatening to stop her seeing her children if she “misbehaves” or does not take the medication he forced her to take. When Britney fought back, he forced her into an institution against her wishes for three months. He claims to be protecting Britney’s estate but gives sizeable portions of it to others who haven’t worked for it, and himself. Britney has gone on the record to state she is afraid of him and he continues to crowbar himself into her life. That is NOT a loving father. 

You don´t have to tell me.I´m already know.You talk at cross-purposes and not answering my questions. Sad that no one understand my point of view.I don´t say that Jamie is a holy person.And yes,he was cruel to her at her childhood.But since she was a teen,she had peace.And even more when she became a worldstar.She was always with her mother.She hardly saw him.So why he suddenly thought it was a good idea to take over her life? He said she needed help. And I think he wanted to make it up but why he forbid her everything? This is not helpful. Lock her away, forbidding her friends, take away her babies. Another wired point. First, he helped her to get her babies back, see them more often and now she lost them completely because of him.

Sorry to say that and I know I have to be careful about such a strong insult, but I think Jamie is a psychopath. Carrot and Stick.When you do some research about those people,you will find out a lot of similarities with Jamie.And when I´m right, I know, I´m not a  psychologist and don´t know the Spears family private, Britney is in danger to life.Because these people are volatile. I hope she will be free and safe soon and he and Lou get the help they need. When I´m right, they don´t come to jail but in a forensic.

Antisocial behaviour (also occurs in criminals who are non-psychopathic)
low self-control
exploits others for themselves / lives at the expense of others
excessive *** life / frequently changing ***ual contacts
Behavioural problems in adolescence
Lack of realistic long-term objectives
Impulsivity
Irresponsibility
assumes no responsibility for one's own behaviour
firm partnerships last only for a short time
criminal conspicuousness in adolescence
Failure to comply with probation conditions
criminal activities in several areas

Characteristic characteristics (essential for psychopaths, therefore also referred to as classical psychopathy properties)
Eloquence, superficial kindness
excessive self-esteem
great need for variety and external stimuli
frequent, morbid lying
driven and manipulative
complete absence of bites of conscience and guilt
superficial emotional life
Emotional cold / lack of empathy

A lot of this stuff Lynne told about him...

• 11 months later...

I remember watching this for the first time on MTV, this is one of the best docs I've ever seen it clearly showed how much nervous and vulnerable she was, when she said 'I am a very strong women' on her IG I felt that Brit really kept going! 

I also own the DVD for this but I never watch this doc now.