This Day in Pop: MTV premieres 'Britney: For the Record' in 2008 (November 30)

It’s heartbreaking to watch it again for me : ( 

and even things she said I felt that 90% things were unsaid.. it felt like she wasn’t managing the idea and felt partly uncomfortable doing that.. 

for example in “chaotic series” and even in “britneys diary” series she was ruling it.. and it’s really sad to see Britney rules by all these people.. 

I wish soon she will have the power on her life #freeBritney as***les!!

• Love 2

This was way more revealing than we thought at the time. What confuses me is Jamie seemed like a loving dad. He made her cheese gritz and cried because she "looked so beautiful". There's some arguing like normal families, but is there a chance that Jamie Spears isn't the actual bad guy? Maybe he's just a scapegoat? I don't know. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, MonAmour said:

This was way more revealing than we thought at the time. What confuses me is Jamie seemed like a loving dad. He made her cheese gritz and cried because she "looked so beautiful". There's some arguing like normal families, but is there a chance that Jamie Spears isn't the actual bad guy? Maybe he's just a scapegoat? I don't know. 

then if he's doing all this just to "protect her" he clearly needs some kind of therapy. You just can't pretend to control your children's life forever just so nothing happens to them. They have to learn and grow at some point.

He may want the best for Britney, but there's obviously more stuff involved at this point surrounding the conservatorship and intertwined with it that he's refusing to let go.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, MonAmour said:

Narcisist father

• Like 2
2 hours ago, MonAmour said:

I think the cheese gritz part seemed an act just to show he was taking care of his troubled daughter. Dont forget Britney seemed hella annoyed when he was meddling with what she should do with Womanizer and then called him an *******. 

He is an abusive person, but Britney is probably the only one who never accepted his bs all the time. Maybe thats why they never got along. 

He bashed her publicly in 2007. Defended Larry and called her a sick little girl. There are stories similar to the restauranter one, where he showed up at her shows drunk and embarassed her. 

Hes a bad person. Many bad people think they are right and what they do is justified. Jamie doesnt seem to love her like a caring father would, he only talks about money - her money btw - and wants credit for her career and success. He seems like those ***ist old ****s who cant accept when a woman is more succesful that he ever will be. See Bryan saying the cship has been good for the family and talking about the Britney brand as the Spears family business. Imagine what Jamie really thinks then. They dont respect Britney and if he really loved her, hed have done anything to help her get out of the mess he put her into. He also seems to be punishing Britney someway. She gets 12k a year for personal spending but he throws 500k at Lou like its no biggie even tho Britney isnt even working rn. He was a ****ty dad to Britney all her life and continues to ruin her life. This job is the best he ever had and he seems more interested in keeping that - smt that gives him power and control over her, her assets and career - then helping Britney to be happy and living the life she wants to. If he really cared about Britney, hed leave her alone, but he only talks about Britney resuming her career. He compared her to a racehorse ffs. Lets just accept that there are many bad parents out there, its not that unheard of at all. 

Britney Spears has no one to blame but herself if she loses custody of her two sons and ruins her career, according to her father, Jamie Spears.

In a statement to Page Six yesterday, Jamie sticks up for Britney’s manager Larry Rudolph – who was fired by Britney last Friday, as we first reported.

Britney was furious with Rudolph for forcing her into the Promises rehab clinic in February after she went out almost every night for a month, posed for photos in her underwear with New York dancers and shaved her head.

Jamie Spears told us in an e-mail: “When Larry Rudolph talked Britney into going into rehab, he was doing what her mother, father and team of professionals with over 100 years of experience knew needed to be done. She was out of control. Larry was the one chosen by the team to roll up his sleeves and deliver the message, to help save her life.

“The Spears family would like to publicly apologize to Larry for our daughter’s statements about him over the past few weeks. Unfortunately, she blames him and her family for where she is at today with her kids and career. Larry has always been there for Britney. For this, we will forever be grateful to him.”

Britney told us via her rep, “I am praying for my father. We have never had a good relationship. It’s sad that all the men that have been in my life do not know how to accept a real woman’s love. I am concentrating on my work and my life right now.”