britney spears x urbanoutfitters

itsmariotrick

So I've recently started collecting Britney vinyls this year because Urban Outfitters started releasing "splatter" versions of each album. I have BOMT, OIDIA, BRITNEY, ITZ, GREATEST HITS AND BLACKOUT so far... Circus popped up a few days ago but I recently read on Twitter that Britney does not profit from the sales.

I also thought that for their "S11NGLES DAY" release day that every single besides "Swimming In The Stars" had a limited 5,000 copies available except Britney.

It was also pretty weird that they released the exclusive vinyl for My Only Wish (This Year) - I tried adding it to my cart multiple times and it was flag as no longer available. I read on Twitter that some buyers get getting push backs to the shipping.

Also the re-release of Glory is a pre-order that's not expected to ship until over two months after the release. Something seems suspicious with how much they profit from Britney fans.

To top everything off Urban Outfitters has the WORST customer service... My cassettes of BOMT and OIDIA arrived crack and I heard nothing back from them. Let's not get started on the poorly put together cassette version of Blackout...

EktfQNNXYAEu-g3?format=jpg&name=large

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i mean urban outfitters in general just isn't that good of a company, but they're kinda known for making vinyls now to the point where a lot of artists go to them for exclusive vinyls so it's just how it is... for glory though it's a wide release not just an urban outfitters exclusive so if you wanted it faster, i'd recommend amazon or target

So UO don’t produce or create the vinyls, they have an exclusivity contract with the labels to have some releases only with them. The Blackout mess was a Legacy records mistake as they manage the te release of Britney’s catalogue, same as Glory new version. I’ve always received my orders in time and Glory deluxe still has the 12/4 shipping date in my order. They are not the best company, for sure, but all the release date mess or design is from Legacy, a Sony Music label.

I'll never forgive them for cancelling my order for the first BOMT record a few days before it was supposed to ship because I had lost my credit card. I just wanted to change my billing information and they were like, "No, we're going to cancel it instead." After about 3 months of having the order placed, THAT is how I found out they were going to cancel my order. 

2 hours ago, Cheshire-B said:

That blackout cassette cover is a MESS ! How did they let that happen ? 

The only thing that would explain is that they must not have been given access to the original Blackout cover design files. The cover is a mess so it would be hard to isolate the title so they just copy pasted that section which looks awful. I wonder why they weren't just given the files?

13 minutes ago, VCTR said:

I'll never forgive them for cancelling my order for the first BOMT record a few days before it was supposed to ship because I had lost my credit card. I just wanted to change my billing information and they were like, "No, we're going to cancel it instead." After about 3 months of having the order placed, THAT is how I found out they were going to cancel my order. 

OMG, pretty much the same thing happened to me, I’ll never get over not having that first pressing in my arms. It’s so Spearitual, I might never get one now, they’re So Overly Expensive!  :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:   :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:   :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:   

6 hours ago, Britney M. Carey said:

I think their strength is making good-looking vinyls which are more affordable and popular among general listeners than Vinyl Me, Please. Not so sure about the audio quality and other stuff, though

i disagree i think they make cheap vinyls. my original oops would not even play. that is the first time in 100's, new, and used records that has happened. they are very expensive too. they give vinyl a bad look. they do it for the trend. the only thing i have gotten from them is Britney and it's because it's exclusive, and first pressings, for now. and the In the Zone vinyl is sped up. 

1 hour ago, Kevney said:

i disagree i think they make cheap vinyls. my original oops would not even play. that is the first time in 100's, new, and used records that has happened. they are very expensive too. they give vinyl a bad look. they do it for the trend. the only thing i have gotten from them is Britney and it's because it's exclusive, and first pressings, for now. and the In the Zone vinyl is sped up. 

Oh girl let me tell you.. UO vinyl are the definition of trash. It’s some of the worst quality vinyl you could buy. It’s so incredibly cheaply made and they’re so not worth the exorbitant price they offer. They’re just milking the gays for what they have. 
They release a so called exclusive version which is not even a gatefold, just a cheap vinyl in one sleeve with maybe a picture sleeve if you’re lucky. Every single UO vinyl I own has a now torn up sleeve even though I never ever open them and the worst part is that they release another version a few months after the so called exclusive release.

2 hours ago, ExplicitBrinty said:

Oh girl let me tell you.. UO vinyl are the definition of trash. It’s some of the worst quality vinyl you could buy. It’s so incredibly cheaply made and they’re so not worth the exorbitant price they offer. They’re just milking the gays for what they have. 
They release a so called exclusive version which is not even a gatefold, just a cheap vinyl in one sleeve with maybe a picture sleeve if you’re lucky. Every single UO vinyl I own has a now torn up sleeve even though I never ever open them and the worst part is that they release another version a few months after the so called exclusive release.

oh youre right about that. I bought a troye sivan vinyl years ago and every song would skip. Exchanged it three times and same issue. 
I buy the britney ones just for something in my collection. Dont even bother to open them. 

I was so mad I missed out on the My Only Wish album! Urban Outfitters has kind of become like a specialty music store in a way they have a lot of exclusive albums and cassettes from many different artists. I may buy all the Britney cassettes with some Christmas money since I bought the BOMT one from Target last year. 

p.s. you’re also correct that their customer service is a mess!  

I sent the Blackout vinyl to a friend as a birthday gift and it looked really nice. IDK how they messed up so badly with the cassette cover, but the vinyl cover looked fine to me. We haven't listened to it yet so I can't speak to the quality of the audio. My friend has a pretty large collection of older vinyl records, so giving her Blackout was more of a way to add some newer music to her collection rather than something I'd expect her to listen to over and over again. I feel bad that so many people had poor experiences with UO. Makes me think twice about ordering from them again. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this thread... But I wish we as fans would be treated with respect. To me, her music is the most important part of her as an artist, her true legacy, so it actually hurts me when I see people trashing her music releases like this. And UO SHOULD state what's the origin of the music, if they press their vinyls from a digital source or from the original masters. Being a fan of a pop artist doesn't mean that we can't be audiophiles or respect music as art and enjoy it as an experience. Besides, the point of releasing vinyl is actually enhancing the sound and giving value to the music so I can't understand this kind of product being made so cheaply or with such little care. And when it comes to cassettes, which aren't particularly famous for their sound fidelity, it's a way of showcasing memories and past Britney eras so that deserves respect too. That "Blackout" cover is a mess. If Britney wasn't under a conservatorship and the fanbase weren't so divided, we should actually riot like mad. This is unacceptable.

Archived