How did you become a Britney stan?

phinyls

Possibly this topic has appeared numerous times (if so, sorry) but I'm curious to know some stories on how you became aware that Britney was IT. :lustney_britney_glory_mm_make_me_shy_flirt_finger_bite_hat:

To me it was sort of no option to be honest, I was born in 97 and at the time my sister was 9 years old. She was obsessed with Britney the moment BOMT came out, so I grew up pretty much listening to all of Britney Spears. I didn't have that kind of childhood where you play kids music with educational purposes because most of the time I wasn't under the eyes of my parents I was in my sister's room listening to Britney, looking around teenager magazines that I couldn't read and trying to copy her choreographies as I grew older - specially from "In The Zone". I'd stare at her album artworks for hours and somehow it was trough her songs that I actually started to learn english. BUT I believe the moment I was very hyped about a Britney's release was for Femme Fatale. :outwithit_go_on_wave_britney_femme_fatale_ff_documentary:

Anyway, share your story :overitkbye_britney_annoyed_leave_leaving_goodbye_blue:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, when I was little, I listened some songs by Britney. I had many songs of her on my nokia flip phone (like 3, If U seek amy, do something), but I didn’t even know who sings or know Britney Spears at all. After some time when I already knew who she was, I started listening to her old songs like BOMT, OIDIA, Toxic and etc and I started liking her. In 2016, Make Me was at some point on the trending list in youtube and I clicked the song and really liked it (same thing happened with Slumber Party). Then I bought Glory (my first Britney album ever) and I just felt in love. The album was amazing and I was listening to it like everyday (I still listen it lol). And like in 2018, I started looking at Britney’s whole discography, reading about her life, career and etc. and slowly she became my fave artist to this day (along Marilyn Manson) :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

I already knew some songs of her before like BOMT, Crazy, Oops, Stronger and I’m Not a Girl Not Yet a Woman, but it wasn’t until 2004, during the Onyx Hotel Tour, that I’ve became a stan when I watched the concert on TV. After that I start listening to In The Zone a lot, and immediately fell in love with songs like Me Against The Music, Everytime, Brave New Girl and Toxic

35 minutes ago, MrPieceOfMe said:

she became my fave artist to this day (along Marilyn Manson)

TASTE :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

He’s one of my favorite artists. 
Circus tour Sweet Dreams interlude was the hottest thing I’ve ever seen in my life. He even went to one of her shows on that tour! 
Antichrist Superstar is in my top 3 fave albums :werk_britney_bw_black_white_dance_sexy_flirt_my_prerogative:

2 minutes ago, Youhavetowaitandsee said:

In 2015 I was a Katy’s stan. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I found out at that time that she wrote “Passenger”, I listened to it and I loved it. So i began to listen to her material and it was instant love. I know its tragic :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

never to late to follow the word of the Lord :kisses_britney_kiss_blow_womanizer_love_circus:2008:

I'm only 14 (almost 15), and obviously I wasn't alive during her prime, and I have no recollection of 2007 or the Circus era, though I do vaguely remember hearing Till the World Ends and I Wanna Go back in the day,

All throughout 2013-2014, I was a HUGE Lady Gaga fan.

Then, 2015 came around and I started to get bored of her, and began branching out from Gaga. That year I was checking on a lot of artists (Lana del Rey, Avril Lavigne, Sia, Meghan Trainor (:clown_meme__makeup_green:), Demi Lovato, Madonna, Ariana Grande, Iggy Azalea, and plenty of others), so I was having a bit of an identity crisis. As we all know, in 2015 Britney also released Pretty Girls (:gloria_falling_stairs_trip:) and Tom's Diner, and she caught my attention with those. Fast forward to late 2015 and early 2016, I decided to delve into her catalogue and I fell in love with her music. Also watched The Onyx Hotel Tour in full. After that, I stopped caring for pretty much every other artist and focused all of my attention on her.

I watched the Piece of Me revamp in February 2016 and I was like "SHE'S STILL GOT IT! :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:".

Then came the rumors about B9 and its lead single and I believe that due to that I found Exhale.

And then came the BBMAs performance, and I LOVED it, though I was a bit disappointed because I thought she was going to premiere Make Me... at the awards show. :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

And when Make Me... was released, that's when I became a full-blown stan. That song is so special to me. :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

Spoiler

Not me writing an essay. :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

2 hours ago, Fmansos said:

Possibly this topic has appeared numerous times (if so, sorry) but I'm curious to know some stories on how you became aware that Britney was IT. :lustney_britney_glory_mm_make_me_shy_flirt_finger_bite_hat:

To me it was sort of no option to be honest, I was born in 97 and at the time my sister was 9 years old. She was obsessed with Britney the moment BOMT came out, so I grew up pretty much listening to all of Britney Spears. I didn't have that kind of childhood where you play kids music with educational purposes because most of the time I wasn't under the eyes of my parents I was in my sister's room listening to Britney, looking around teenager magazines that I couldn't read and trying to copy her choreographies as I grew older - specially from "In The Zone". I'd stare at her album artworks for hours and somehow it was trough her songs that I actually started to learn english. BUT I believe the moment I was very hyped about a Britney's release was for Femme Fatale. :outwithit_go_on_wave_britney_femme_fatale_ff_documentary:

Anyway, share your story :overitkbye_britney_annoyed_leave_leaving_goodbye_blue:

In 2000 I was a ten years old boy. I vividly remember watching the Oops video on TV and immediately falling in love with her. I asked my father to buy the single and I've basically been a stan since then

Make Me... 

So it was around two years ago and I randomly searched some description of a music video and Make Me... showed up. 

I new who Britney was a bit so I said let me check it out. Also I was a Miley fan before so I already had heard SMS.

The songs I knew were:

... Baby One More Time, Oops! ... I Did It Again, Overprotected, Toxic, Hold It Against Me, Till The World Ends, I Wanna Go, Scream and Shout, Ooh La La, SMS and Work *****. 

(I knew Toxic and Oops! ... I Did It Again from Just Dance!)

I knew who ‘Britney Spears’ was but I was pretty young and the fact that I knew all those songs is a testament to how famous she is as I never searched for her music. Also a testament to how huge Femme Fatale was! 

Then I saw the Make Me... video and I said whatever. A couple of weeks later, the song popped into my head and I really began to like it. 

Later I discovered Womanizer and was obsessed. Then Gimme More. Within 3 songs, she already became my favourite artist ever. Slowly discovered other songs as well and here we are! 

2 hours ago, Youhavetowaitandsee said:

In 2015 I was a Katy’s stan. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I found out at that time that she wrote “Passenger”, I listened to it and I loved it. So i began to listen to her material and it was instant love. I know its tragic :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

Can picture you watching her live performance on POM lipsynching at sia vocals and being like

wow :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad: 

As for me I always liked her, but like I knew some old bomt/oops songs. Then some friend gave me her greatest hits album (that I still have and it remains my only possession related to her) and it was the first time I would enjoy her music that much. I had it on repeat for a long time. Especially BOM and TOMH, that really have me a different perspective on her. Then it was blackout era and I was sold. Then 2007 and the media's obsession got me even more. After that I would listen to her music from time to time, as her newest materials aren't really my cup of tea now. But I still stan and tbh don't know why I love her personally (not as she is not deserving but you know being emotionally attached to someone that don't even know you is pretty insane )

Archived