Meghan Trainor shades Britney... One more time

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Please keep the comments respectful. 

29 minutes ago, nthenwkiss said:

is that Britney Jean shade? did Lou tell her about this? lol you'd have to be a stan to know this rumor.

I think people from industry knows about Myah scandal, but I don't know If It was specific about her Meghan was referring.

Meghan and Britney works with some people in common, like the same hairstylist.

• Love 3
  • Haha 2

Meh shes a Lou Minion.

Can you imagine the shade spewing out of Lous mouth right now with everything going on? They’re definitely talking **** about her behind closed doors.

Lou is a professional liar and emotional manipulator, she probably has Meghan under her thumb right now. Just like she has James Spears

• Like 5

I'll get so much hate for this but some may hear me out.

Imagine you sing dance and perform live and never reach Britneys level. Everyone knows she lip sings so I could understand the frustration when it comes to Britney still selling better than the artist actually doing it all. 

Like Blackpink they sing and dance all live. I have mad respect for them bc it cant be easy. Idk I think if I was an artist I would struggle understanding why Britney is more popular.  

• Love 3
  • Like 3
7 minutes ago, CarelessDiva said:

I'll get so much hate for this but some may hear me out.

Imagine you sing dance and perform live and never reach Britneys level. Everyone knows she lip sings so I could understand the frustration when it comes to Britney still selling better than the artist actually doing it all. 

Like Blackpink they sing and dance all live. I have mad respect for them bc it cant be easy. Idk I think if I was an artist I would struggle understanding why Britney is more popular.  

I agree but I also don't think Meghan was intentionally throwing shade since I feel like she's said in the past that she's a Britney fan. I don't know the context of the first video but obviously it's no secret that Britney lip-syncs. She's not trying to be Adele - people see Britney because she puts on an incredible show. Nobody is expecting her to do vocal gymnastics.

As for the second clip, again I don't think she meant shade. I had the same realization awhile back - I love Britney and her music, always have, always will. However, once I learned that she owes a lot of her success to producers like Max Martin, it only opened my eyes to other artists with similar vibes and I understood how important producers are in helping to shape these artists' visions into bonafide hits. 

I really don't even think Meghan was trying to compare herself to Britney by arguing that she should be as popular because she actually sings live, especially where there is no context for the first clip. She honestly does not seem like a hater and probably knows better than to disparage Britney. 

4 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Imagine being pressed about THAT. Only a jealous and envious loser can say such a thing.

It's always the lessers who have a lot to say towards somebody who is doing better than them.

Britney is BELOVED and a legend not just because of the skills she has (or lacks) but because she is an unproblematic legend. If you take away all the glitz and glamour, she is just a pure and kind soul. Many people saw that and that's only one third of why people fell in love with her. She has the X Factor.

It is VERY SHALLOW to think success is just all about being THE BEST technically at everything because just in case you missed it, Madonna exists. And just like Madonna is a legend, Britney is too. :reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill:

And what an invalid comparison. I listen to K-Pop but if you're REALLY genuinely struggling to understand how come an artist like Britney Spears is more popular than BLACKPINK? Girl, you need to read a lot more and go out and live more.

@Roxxy love you and I pretty much always agree with you because you constantly speak truth but I don't think that's what @CarelessDiva was implying. It seemed more like just that she could understand how some newer/younger artists (who may not know the incredible amount of work Britney put in to get where she is) might be frustrated seeing how popular Britney is when everyone knows she lip-syncs yet other artists put in a lot of work and can't achieve that kind of success.

Although to reiterate my post in response to @CarelessDiva, I actually don't even think that's what Meghan meant. She seems like a Britney fan :bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

• Love 2
  • Like 2
22 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Imagine being pressed about THAT. Only a jealous and envious loser can say such a thing.

It's always the lessers who have a lot to say towards somebody who is doing better than them.

Britney is BELOVED and a legend not just because of the skills she has (or lacks) but because she is an unproblematic legend. If you take away all the glitz and glamour, she is just a pure and kind soul. Many people saw that and that's only one third of why people fell in love with her. She has the X Factor.

It is VERY SHALLOW to think success is just all about being THE BEST technically at everything because just in case you missed it, Madonna exists. And just like Madonna is a legend, Britney is too. :reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill:

And what an invalid comparison. I listen to K-Pop but if you're REALLY genuinely struggling to understand how come an artist like Britney Spears is more popular than BLACKPINK? Girl, you need to read a lot more and go out and live 

Not at all what I was saying just that I understand how people competing in the industry could get frustrated with her success where they add both the live and performance portions of a show. At the end of shows what star power Britney has and I'm not saying that she didnt work hard. 

It's like when the person who gets promoted at work who works way less than you. Its confusing and trying to understand it's a people thing but a talent thing is hard.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, britneyluv said:

@Roxxy love you and I pretty much always agree with you because you constantly speak truth but I don't think that's what @CarelessDiva was implying. It seemed more like just that she could understand how some newer/younger artists (who may not know the incredible amount of work Britney put in to get where she is) might be frustrated seeing how popular Britney is when everyone knows she lip-syncs yet other artists put in a lot of work and can't achieve that kind of success.

Although to reiterate my post in response to @CarelessDiva, I actually don't even think that's what Meghan meant. She seems like a Britney fan :bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

That's exactly what I'm saying. I'm not saying britney didn't work hard just that her success would piss me off if I worked hard on additional elements to a performance and still wasnt ranked as high. 

It's like someone gets a promotion who only is good in excel but not in presentations.