Those are the worst Britney songs ever released in my opinion

Jamie Lynn Forever

Chillin' With You: the cringy lyrics; the awful, amateurish, noisy production; the lack of Britney's vocals; the tragic Jamie Lynn featuring; the bland melody; the horrible chorus; the fact that Britney doesn't even sing in a duet with her sister and the irony of Myah sounding better than Jamie Lynn makes this trashbin on fire the absolute worst song in her whole career (including unreleased tracks and demos). 

0/10

Alien: this song gets the crown for the most disappointing one in her career. William Orbit produced a mediocre and bland track. You can blame the atrocious final mix how you want (the glitch mess is out of this world), but the song itself is plain bad. The melody is boring, there's no chorus, there's no climax, there's no bridge.  The vocal line is absolutely awful, and even if Britney's vocals aren't autotuned to death, she sounds unconvincing and uninspired, lacking her usual "kick". The production is dry and empty, with this horrible synth drums to the front. A nightmare with zero potential. Only positive side: the lyrics. Despite not being all that, they aren't a cringefest like Chilling With You. A little bland but quite meaningful, at least.

1,5/10

Rock  Boy: this forgotten bonus track is BAD. From the basic melody to the boring, dry production, there's nothing rock about this. Luckily is just a filler bonus track in a record full of bops, so it's definitely forgivable.

2/10

Honorable mentions: Brave New Girl (4/10), basically the whole Britney Jean with stand out tracks like Tik Tik Boom (3,5/10) and Til It's Gone (3/10), Private Show (5/10).

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Alex_1991 said:

Chillin' With You: the cringy lyrics; the awful, amateurish, noisy production; the lack of Britney's vocals; the tragic Jamie Lynn featuring; the bland melody; the horrible chorus; the fact that Britney doesn't even sing in a duet with her sister and the irony of Myah sounding better than Jamie Lynn makes this trashbin on fire the absolute worst song in her whole career (including unreleased tracks and demos). 

0/10

Alien: this song gets the crown for the most disappointing one in her career. William Orbit produced a mediocre and bland track. You can blame the atrocious final mix how you want (the glitch mess is out of this world), but the song itself is plain bad. The melody is boring, there's no chorus, there's no climax, there's no bridge.  The vocal line is absolutely awful, and even if Britney's vocals aren't autotuned to death, she sounds unconvincing and uninspired, lacking her usual "kick". The production is dry and empty, with this horrible synth drums to the front. A nightmare with zero potential. Only positive side: the lyrics. Despite not being all that, they aren't a cringefest like Chilling With You. A little bland but quite meaningful, at least.

1,5/10

Rock  Boy: this forgotten bonus track is BAD. From the basic melody to the boring, dry production, there's nothing rock about this. Luckily is just a filler bonus track in a record full of bops, so it's definitely forgivable.

2/10

Honorable mentions: Brave New Girl (4/10), basically the whole Britney Jean with stand out tracks like Tik Tik Boom (3,5/10) and Til It's Gone (3/10), Private Show (5/10).

Finally someone else sees Alien for what it is. I can't even comprehend that's the same man who produced Frozen and Pure Shores..

12 hours ago, NotLouTaylor said:

This thread was probably  made countless times but oh well...:katyfrog_perry_upset_um:

For me

• Perfume : This one is awkward , i still don't get why it was selected as a single,  she doesn't sound very confident on it, and "Britney Jean" had songs that could have done better commercially.
  • Ooh La La : Weird single choice . Artistically it wasn't very interesting. It was a regression. The bridge is catchy tho! 
  • Big Fat Bass : It's fun, entertaining but it's kinda a stain in her discography.
  • Passenger : It sounds messy af, the mixing is all over the place, the vocal production is amateurish, Britney sounds tired. 
  • S&M (Remix) : This could have been amazing but Britney sounds like she has a cold/stuffy nose or something. 
  • Pretty Girls : Sounds too much like Fancy, this song was too bratty and annoying for me. It could have been released by Sophie Grace. 
  • This Kiss : She sounds like she's underwater 
  • Private Show : This one is such a waste, because it could have been amazing if she sang it in her lower/natural register like she did in the "Mood Ring" pre-chorus. 

You can post yours too if you want. You can pick unreleased tracks too :wink_britney_everytime_white:

I agree with all but Perfume. . I liked how it was different for Britney. 

But by far I would like to say I think the worst ever is Big Fat Bass, it just sounds so cheap like it was made with a cheap loop set in someone's basement. I'm surprised it made it to the album while she had so many other great options, like unbroken could've fit in there.  It was indeed a stain on her discography. 

However, some of these I think had potential. . . but their production/editing kinda ruined it. 

1 hour ago, Alex_1991 said:

0/10

1,5/10

2/10

Those are good ones too. Chillin with you is SOOOOO Cringe! Alien had horrible editing, I think it had potential though and Will I am ****ed it up with his amazing production skills lol 

Rock Boy was a bonus track . . .and it should have been. 

Almost all of Britney Jean was a headache. It wasn't up to par with Britney's standards and the editing was horrible and I think it was all Will I Am. 

I don't ever listen to Private Show, but I respect her releasing it, because it was a unique left turn. Even if it got lackluster feedback. I appreciate that she tried something off the wall there.

Ooh La La, I don't count as an official Britney song, if that makes sense. It was produced and meant for a kids movie. And that's all. It wasn't supposed to be anything groundbreaking and all in all, if it worked in the movie (which it did for end credits) that's all that matters. It doesn't deserve to be critiqued. Catchy, pointless, bop, movie song. Nothing more, nothing less.

Pretty Girls had nice choreography. And that's all I can say positive about that song. What a cheaply produced song that tried to ride the coattails of Fancy and failed miserably so. I could get past the cheesy lyrics if the beat or production was good. But wow was that song crap. Praise Britney for showing any kind of enthusiasm for it. Iggy reserved a better song to be with Britney on. Shame on the guy who thought that was something to release from the studio.

Big Fat Bass wasn't really great either, but for Femme Fatale it was okay. Why Britney called that song a "monster" I will never know. But I now hate the song because Will.I.Am didn't take the hint and proceeded to dish out the remaining songs he did with Britney to be the same generic style that BFB was. (Seriously, I lined up BFB and S&S  in an audio program and they have the same pace/beat/rhythm.) Does he have any ingenuity??? Like stale old white bread.

Perfume featured some nice vocals from Britney and that is all that matters when it concerns the Britney Jean album. However it was not single material. The song felt like a bonus track. Britney deserves better ballads because she doesn't often do them and we usually get 1-2 per album and they need to be good and standout. 

Guys please be nice to Brave New Girl! Jokes aside that song turn me into a stan, it’s one of my favs of the album. I never understood the hate on that song. #justiceforbravenewgirl

IMO Britney’s worst songs include:

Pretty Girls - Doesn’t sound like a Britney song, too much auto tune and annoying rhythm. Easily forgotten

Ooh La La - Maybe because this song was made for a kids movie, doesn’t fit along with other Britney songs. Lyrics are too childish. Any other singer could have sung it

Mmm Papi - Never liked that song anyway...peace

As far as her singles go:

FTBOMBH - way too slow, gets really repetitive, and BTMY is superior. should have been the single everywhere

Do Somethin' - cute and fun lil song but nothing more. I always liked I've Just Begun more

BTI - this is a hot song but there are so many better songs from Blackout

Radar (from Circus) - again, awesome song but I wish we had a fourth single from the actual Circus album

Ooh La La - prob her worst single. it's just not a great song, very forgettable

Radar I’ve always thought the song was really poorly produced. Her vocals sound way too edited and robotic. I’m surprised Bloodshy & Avant produced this and their music is always 10/10 for Britney. 

Mmm Papi The tune itself is quite catchy but the lyrics and vocals sound dreadful. It’s quite cringey to listen to imo. 

Britney Jean With the exception of Alien and Hold On Tight I think her vocals on every other song are just a mess. The whole album is a mess and should NEVER have been released. It damaged her legacy with the mess that was BJ.

Private Show is a disaster. Her vocals are awful she sounds like she’s on helium. Her natural register is low why they were still keeping the baby voice in 2016 I’ll never know. 

Clumsy same thing as Private Show. Badly edited just a clumsy song :snapney_tongue_lick_snapchat_britney_funny_p:

What You Need need I say more :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Most of the album that shall not be named is really trash lol, the only good thing about the c-ship is that we can pretty much excuse it from existing 

As boring as My Baby is, I wouldn't call it her worst because it has actual personal value to her and shows her headspace at the time. 

I don't use Pretty Girls, I've never used Pretty Girls and I will probably never use Pretty Girls. Stain on her discography imo

the weird spoken part in man on the moon😭

also ik its super unpopular opininon but circus the song and alien are boring af

pg should have been iggys song and it would have been fine

i only like williams part in it should be easy💀

i will be there sounds like a song from a 90s sitcom sorry not sorry

Archived