Singers who SOUND like BRITNEY or have a SIMILAR TONE

Dreams

14 hours ago, NotLouTaylor said:

I think Cathy Dennis offered Toxic to Kylie Minogue back then but she rejected it while Britney got offered Can't Get You Out Of My head back in 2001 but that was too mature for her, so i can see the comparaison, they kinda had a """"similar"""" vibe back then , probably because Blooshy & Avant also worked with Kylie multiple times during the early 00s 

Cathy Dennis wrote both Toxic and Can't Get You Out Of My head.

You’re absolutely right! “Toxic” was written with Kylie in mind but she passed on it so they offered it to Britney. I could easily see Britney singing “Can’t Get You Out Of My Head” or a lot of songs from Kylie’s Fever and Body Language albums. They both have very similar styles and do well in the Dance Pop field for sure. 

• Love 4
On 11/28/2020 at 11:24 AM, NotLouTaylor said:

I think Cathy Dennis offered Toxic to Kylie Minogue back then but she rejected it while Britney got offered Can't Get You Out Of My head back in 2001 but that was too mature for her, so i can see the comparaison, they kinda had a """"similar"""" vibe back then , probably because Blooshy & Avant also worked with Kylie multiple times during the early 00s 

Cathy Dennis wrote both Toxic and Can't Get You Out Of My head.

Yes! 

Kylie was offered Toxic first and turned it down. 

Thankyou Britney for seeing what was in the song. It's epic! 

• Love 2
  • 7 months later...

Back in high school, I worked on a project in my recording arts elective class with a Britney Spears vibe in mind. I created the beat and pitched the Britney Spears idea. The instructor recorded vocals and went heavy on the auto tune since that was a trendy vocal effect at the time.

Not sure that the Britney Spears vibe came through very well, but I like to think of it as a little tribute song anyway! Lol 

It was a fun track to work on.

https://m.soundcloud.com/stfulindy-lopez/no-one-else

On 11/28/2020 at 8:40 AM, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

You can hear a lot of Britney-esque inspiration in Lana Del Rey’s voice, especially with her earlier work. Other than that, I can’t really think of any other artists who have a similar tone or register as Britney despite her voice being imitated very frequently. 

Oh and you can definitely hear that signature Mariah Carey head/falsetto voice, especially on Britney’s first two albums.

That's an interesting artist you put out here, I do feel though Britney is not known for her singing but both artists have very seductive touch to them when it comes to singing.