Britney reportedly came up with the idea of re-releasing "Glory" and fully supports it

Slayer

Britney mentioned Mood Ring and seemed genuinely excited for it's global release earlier this year but...

She hasn't said a thing about the re-release or about Swimming in the Stars? Seems a little weird to say it was her idea and she supported it without any word from Britney. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Wow, I usually agree with a lot of things you say but this is a reach.

The only person who benefits from this album release is Jamie, and that goes against Britney's wishes; all the material was made at a time when Britney wanted to work and was proud of her work, but it was scrapped by her team.

Her dad, the abusive man who controls her business, views her as a show horse that should have no input in her career. 

Releasing anything now goes against her wishes. 

We shouldnt engage with the brand at all.

Ok. But not paying for it, and still enjoying it, is as bad (actually worse) than paying for it.

Not paying for it doesn't remove how wrong it is that they're releasing it without her consent (if it really doesn't have her consent).

It doesn't matter if she was proud of it when she recorded it, for some reason that material didn't make the cut to Glory.

And no, Jamie is not the only person benefiting from these releases. Yes, he's making some money, but the record label is taking the most, and ultimately, Britney is benefiting as well.

I understand when someone says that it's wrong to say you support #FreeBritney then you're here buying all the stuff her team/label is putting out. What I don't understand is how people fail to realize how hypocritical it is as well, not to buy it, but still enjoy it in an illegal way. The problem here is not the money Jamie is making out of these releases, which is nothing compared to what they currently make with the rest of her catalogue. The problem here is they keep releasing stuff, right after Britney just said through her lawyer that she doesn't want to work as long as her father keeps in charge.

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, ♔ monalisaney ♚ said:

It makes no sense. People are grasping for straws just to have a good justification for buying this and not having to feel bad about themselves :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

True. They should just be honest and say: whatever, I'm buying It.

The excuses are getting worse because we all know Britney legally can't decide something big like this. 

Even If she record some IG video saying how cool this re-release is (which I think It might happen), still It doesn't mean they're not using her to profit, milking her legacy, fooling us.

Everyone has the choice, If you want to support It fine, If you don't it's fine aswell.

• Love 2
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, Buffybot said:

The excuses are getting worse because we all know Britney legally can't decide something big like this. 

Even If she record some IG video saying how cool this re-release is (which I think might happen), still It doesn't mean they're not using her to profit.

Everyone has the choice, If you want to support It fine, If you don't it's fine aswell.

Yes! If they want it they should just buy it and say they did it because they just wanted it and don't care about the consequences. But they stay doing these mental gymnastics trying to justify it... Hmm wonder why. Maybe some guilt? :snooptoya_jackson_snooping_looking_magnifying_glass_glasses_search:

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

:tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red: I see what you're trying to say here with your ethical dilemma, but after seeing the reports of Britney not wanting to perform until her father is gone I haven't streamed single song by Britney since then. I love Britney Spears as a person and I respect her wish by not supporting financially the machinery that is milking her brand. There are constantly "insiders" who keeps telling us not to boycott and why boycotting is stupid, mostly because the harm is already done (which is similar to saying that **** user shouldn't quit using ***** since they already started it) or because the reported court document only uses the word "perform" etc etc. Yeah I'm probably gonna hear these 2 new songs from youtube but I will not consume my money to support the brand. Yeah I see her as a slave to the conservatorship but it's only because it's profitable to those who run it. You are not supporting the slave with your pennies, you are supporting the owners. :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

If they chose to wait with the release a little longer maybe there wouldn't be boycotting since there's gonna be new court dates on December right? Anything can change in those dates :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

you're still giving them money if you listen to it on YouTube :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

and I'm not trying to put guilt on you or something, I'm sure as hell I'm gonna be listening too, perfectly conscious of what I'm doing, because I guess I'm a bad person.

All I'm saying is people complain about other people "grasping for justifications" to make these purchases right, when they'll be most likely listening to the new songs one way or another, and they will be grasping for justifications too, to make listening to them illegally right, which it isn't either.

I think the only people that have some moral authority to throw stones at others, or point fingers, are those who aren't buying nor listening to it in any way. And still, they shouldn't really care about what others do or don't do. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, 1inamillion said:

So, people do you actually believe this just because it was posted by apparently a "holy" Latin account?? :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare: After all these years and the lies we were fed up with?

I don't know who the people behind BritneyOnline are but they've been looking for, restoring and archiving Britney content since a decade, keeping her discography and videography, plus many other media, available in the best quality possible, something her own team isn't doing. So next time try being a little nicer...

2 minutes ago, nanabs said:

@bitbitboi I would like to say it was a joke, ok? I dont wanna be in yours Exhibit C. 

I don't know what "Exhibit C" is, and you guys just want to pick up a fight.

17 minutes ago, Buffybot said:

Even If she record some IG video saying how cool this re-release is (which I think It might happen), still It doesn't mean they're not using her to profit, milking her legacy, fooling us.

True. Honestly I can tolerate a Lou M Taylor over someone who lies to themself to justify bad behavior. It’s annoying.

17 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Ok. But not paying for it, and still enjoying it, is as bad (actually worse) than paying for it.

Not paying for it doesn't remove how wrong it is that they're releasing it without her consent (if it really doesn't have her consent).

It doesn't matter if she was proud of it when she recorded it, for some reason that material didn't make the cut to Glory.

And no, Jamie is not the only person benefiting from these releases. Yes, he's making some money, but the record label is taking the most, and ultimately, Britney is benefiting as well.

I understand when someone says that it's wrong to say you support #FreeBritney then you're here buying all the stuff her team/label is putting out. What I don't understand is how people fail to realize how hypocritical it is as well, not to buy it, but still enjoy it in an illegal way. The problem here is not the money Jamie is making out of these releases, which is nothing compared to what they currently make with the rest of her catalogue. The problem here is they keep releasing stuff, right after Britney just said through her lawyer that she doesn't want to work as long as her father keeps in charge.

That’s not hypocrisy. Hypocrisy would be saying don’t buy the album, and then buying the album. Illegal means are not hypocritical bc no ones saying stop listening to Britney. They’re saying stop giving her team money. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

I don't know who the people behind BritneyOnline are but they've been looking for, restoring and archiving Britney content since a decade, keeping her discography and videography, plus many other media, available in the best quality possible, something her own team isn't doing. So next time try being a little nicer...

I don't know what "Exhibit C" is, and you guys just want to pick up a fight.

"Exhibit" is when you sue someone and put the evidence at the end of the file. And I don't want to fight with you ok, I made a joke. 🤗

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

All I'm saying is people complain about other people "grasping for justifications" to make these purchases right, when they'll be most likely listening to the new songs one way or another, and they will be grasping for justifications too, to make listening to them illegally right, which it isn't either.

Well I may be hypocrite for giving 2 streams and saying that I'm boycotting and I see why it may seem funny, but even lousy boycotting is still better than acting like this release is orchestrated by Britney herself and hence it's fine to act like nothing is going on behind the scenes. Call me bad person for saying this but people praising and justifying these releases are really tone deaf considering the situation IMO. But in the end it's everyone's own decision to do whatever they want to :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

• Love 2
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, PrettyGorl said:

True. Honestly I can tolerate a Lou M Taylor over someone who lies to themself to justify bad behavior. It’s annoying.

That’s not hypocrisy. Hypocrisy would be saying don’t buy the album, and then buying the album. Illegal means are not hypocritical bc no ones saying stop listening to Britney. They’re saying stop giving her team money. 

by boycotting a new release, her team doesn't stop getting money. She has hundreds of other songs that are still giving them more money on the daily, than any new release at this point will ever make for them.

If you're more concerned about the fact that Jamie gets some coins from this than the fact they're releasing stuff after she just said she didn't want to keep working, well, that's a very curious point of view, because as I said, they make more money out of the streaming of ...Baby One More Time or Toxic.

To me, the only wrong thing I see about supporting these new releases is that they're doing it right after that court statement, for the ethical aspect of it, because the actual money they'll make will be considerably lower than what they're already making this very moment.

Just now, Jordan Miller said:

Not the vibe. 

I actually think its the vibe. Im saying this with respect. Bcz the adm of this forum is in parts a lot.. (idk a respectful word to put here). If you disagree with Slayer or you sometimes you get points or the thread is closed. I don't have to go far: the first comments of this thread is an example. And no one needs to say that I’m defending @Buffybot because you know I already reported him when I thought I was disrespectful to Britney. But Slayer and other moderators cannot stop anyone from being negative here (except offenses). This is freedom of speech and thought. Do not push narratives. Just look back on everything we live at Freebritney, especially you Jordan since 200- and the fans are right to be skeptical and nervous. Please be impartial. Thanks.

• Love 4