Britney reportedly came up with the idea of re-releasing "Glory" and fully supports it

Slayer

33 minutes ago, Justney said:

I guess we shouldn't care what Jamie does to Britney  then.  :xcuseme_mad_say_what_hmm_confused:Live and let live eh? Also i'm not going to be listening. I have a CD player and old CDs. I'm fine waiting for her to be free and not a work horse to her father OR her exploitive label.  Do whatever you want but people just don't care when it's something that benefits their own wants just like you guys who are willing to shill out for a vinyl that came out at an inappropriate time.  I'm not sure this argument where if you're telling others they should boycott they are being hypocritical automatically.  I'm not interested in listening.  I'm sure there's plenty of others that can wait.  Pay for it when she's free... I mean it's music is it going to disappear?

What I've been saying these past couple of weeks is, everyone knows their values and their vision of what is correct or not. Do whatever you want, whether you're gonna buy these releases, stream the music or not, but what I don't like is people shaming others for are buying it or streaming digitally, and then saying they're getting the song illegally, as if that made it right in some way, which in my opinion, is even worse.

In my point of view, this is not a matter of money, but the ethical aspect of how they're still releasing stuff right after her lawyer is saying in court she doesn't want to work as long as her father is still in charge of her estate.

If it's a matter of money, even if we all boycotted these vinyls, this isn't gonna hurt Jamie's wallet AT ALL, because they're already making thousands of dollars with Britney's old catalogue, which no one is doing nothing about it, because some fans refusing to stream isn't gonna stop the GENERAL PUBLIC from streaming her music.

Then there's the fact that yes, Jamie is making money, but the label is making the most, and Britney is getting some of that money too. But then people bring back the argument that is not the money, is the lawyer's statement. And then I tell them, ok, if it's not the money, but the ethics of them releasing something without Britney's consent (which we don't know for sure), how come listening to it illegally makes it ok, when you're aware that she didn't want to release this in the first place?

I'm not a saint, and I can't judge anyone for what they do or don't. But I can't sit here and see how some users bash others that are supporting the release, as if they were exonerated of any guilt by listening to it illegally. That's delusional and hypocritical. Besides, the whole fact that I've also discussed a million billion times of how the #FreeBritney movement has actually increased Britney's streaming this last year, giving her team around $200K a month just from YouTube alone, but no one feels guilty about it.

The conservatorship doesn't depend on these new releases, it won't disappear if we boycott it, it won't get extended or somehow get worse if we support it. The conservatorship exists independently of any new song or vinyl they can release, because to this day it has been sustained by EVERYTHING else that makes money for the Britney brand.

• Love 3
  • Like 4
2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

What I've been saying these past couple of weeks is, everyone knows their values and their vision of what is correct or not. Do whatever you want, whether you're gonna buy these releases, stream the music or not, but what I don't like is people shaming others for are buying it or streaming digitally, and then saying they're getting the song illegally, as if that made it right in some way, which in my opinion, is even worse.

In my point of view, this is not a matter of money, but the ethical aspect of how they're still releasing stuff right after her lawyer is saying in court she doesn't want to work as long as her father is still in charge of her estate.

If it's a matter of money, even if we all boycotted these vinyls, this isn't gonna hurt Jamie's wallet AT ALL, because they're already making thousands of dollars with Britney's old catalogue, which no one is doing nothing about it, because some fans refusing to stream isn't gonna stop the GENERAL PUBLIC from streaming her music.

Then there's the fact that yes, Jamie is making money, but the label is making the most, and Britney is getting some of that money too. But then people bring back the argument that is not the money, is the lawyer's statement. And then I tell them, ok, if it's not the money, but the ethics of them releasing something without Britney's consent (which we don't know for sure), how come listening to it illegally makes it ok, when you're aware that she didn't want to release this in the first place?

I'm not a saint, and I can't judge anyone for what they do or don't. But I can't sit here and see how some users bash others that are supporting the release, as if they were exonerated of any guilt by listening to it illegally. That's delusional and hypocritical. Besides, the whole fact that I've also discussed a million billion times of how the #FreeBritney movement has actually increased Britney's streaming this last year, giving her team around $200K a month just from YouTube alone, but no one feels guilty about it.

The conservatorship doesn't depend on these new releases, it won't disappear if we boycott it, it won't get extended or somehow get worse if we support it. The conservatorship exists independently of any new song or vinyl they can release, because to this day it has been sustained by EVERYTHING else that makes money for the Britney brand.

THANK. YOU. THANK. YOU. THANK. YOU. The voice of reason has arrived. 100% agree with all of this.

Clapping Applause GIF

2 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Because you’re all as hateful as they are. Spin it however you want, but you’re no better than they are. You think Britney wants y’all as fans? You all act like she would be empowered by the constant negativity towards her own fan base :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

Lol the reeeach. You're the only one spinning the truth here:blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Last time I checked I wasn't making any money off the back of a modern day indentured servant. Yes she would want her fans fighting for her. She's a tough fighter herself. She's got a mouth too. Maybe you'd be more aware of that if you were really a fan of her as a human being and not a product for you to consume

You just throw around as hominem attacks. Calling me delusional. How am I delusional at all? We simply don't agree about supporting the brand or not. There's no delusional in boycotting.

Go ahead with the word vomit tho. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, PrettyGorl said:

Lol the reeeach. You're the only one spinning the truth here:blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Last time I checked I wasn't making any money off the back of a modern day indentured servant. Yes she would want her fans fighting for her. She's a tough fighter herself. She's got a mouth too. Maybe you'd be more aware of that if you were really a fan of her as a human being and not a product for you to consume

You just throw around as hominem attacks. Calling me delusional. How am I delusional at all? We simply don't agree about supporting the brand or not. There's no delusional in boycotting.

I speak to you the way you speak to others. It bothers you so much because it’s the truth. Oh I’m sureeeee she would be applauding you for what you’re doing. Keep up with the delusions. Y’all ain’t doing **** for her. You’re not contributing to her well-being at all and just being keyboard warriors not changing jack **** :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Love 1
Just now, PrettyGorl said:

Can we just please stop the attacks on both sides? We all want the best for Britney. There is nothing delusional about boycotting, I agree. If that makes you feel like you're supporting Britney in your own way, that's great. It just seems like the attacks are coming more from the "boycott" side while the other side seems to just be defending against these attacks, and maybe not in the best way either.

Let's just all get along and support each other's points of view, even if they differ, please? After all, that is the whole point of a DISCUSSION forum. How boring would it be if we all just unequivocally agreed with each other?:calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

• Love 2
1 minute ago, britneyluv said:

Can we just please stop the attacks on both sides? We all want the best for Britney. There is nothing delusional about boycotting, I agree. If that makes you feel like you're supporting Britney in your own way, that's great. It just seems like the attacks are coming more from the "boycott" side while the other side seems to just be defending against these attacks, and maybe not in the best way either.

Let's just all get along and support each other's points of view, even if they differ, please? After all, that is the whole point of a DISCUSSION forum. How boring would it be if we all just unequivocally agreed with each other?:calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

I agree they’re not in the best, but it boils my blood that these losers think it’s okay to gang up against one individual and empower each other with their hatred. I like to fight that same fire with the same fire they dish out because regardless of what we say it’s not going to change **** so might as well show them how delusional they are :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, britneyluv said:

Not trying to start a fight, but genuinely curious as to your position on this topic, especially since you seem to be very quick to attack. I've only known @Slayer to be reasonable so just wondering where all this mess is coming from. We're all Britney fans at the end of the day!

I Believe Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Before downvote me 2465578 times, try to read the thread since the first page.

Go check who started with the mess.

I didn't "attack" for nothing, I was attacked. If you call "reasonable" a person trying to censor others, well... There's nothing I can do.

We're Britney fans, but I won't be quiet because someone thinks she's better than others for her position on this forum. Never gonna happen. Posing Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Now it’s not nice to talk about yourself like that :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing: and soooo witty replying in gifts. More proof of what brainless and spineless cowards Team Boycott is :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

The fact I don't even support the boycott, but obviously you didn't realize that. I'll go back to the Gifs, you don't even know what you are writing at this point... Lol  You Crazy GIF by Steve Harvey TV

• Like 1
Just now, Buffybot said:

The fact I don't even support the boycott, but obviously you didn't realize that. I'll go back to the Gifs, you don't even know what you are writing at this point... Lol  You Crazy GIF by Steve Harvey TV

Yeah sure Jan. You wouldn’t be this pressed if you weren’t Team Boycott. Call me crazy, idgaf. I’m not the one pressed about people celebrating Britney’s work. :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Buffybot said:

Before downvote me 2465578 times, try to read the thread since the first page.

Go check who started with the mess.

I didn't "attack" for nothing, I was attacked. If you call "reasonable" a person trying to censor others, well... There's nothing I can do.

We're Britney fans, but I won't be quiet because someone thinks she's better than others for her position on this forum. Never gonna happen. Posing Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

Sorry, downvoting you was petty of me and I apologize, but you downvoted all my posts in this thread without giving a legitimate response to any of them, when nothing that I said was meant to be aggressive or inflammatory. 

I'm not going to read 17 pages of this thread, and you should understand that since in your post that I quoted, you freely admitted that "to be honest, I didn't even read the whole thing." 

I prefaced my post with if I am wrong about something substantive to please let me know. I didn't attack or call anybody names. What set me off was the hostility that certain fans (yes, we all are fans) were showing towards other fans who still support and enjoy Britney's music. 

Not asking you to be quiet and I don't think that any person on here is better than others. Just gave my opinion and was bummed by the downvotes when I was trying to be reasonable, that's all.

Sorry Keanu Reeves GIF

• Like 1
Just now, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Yeah sure Jan. You wouldn’t be this pressed if you weren’t Team Boycott. Call me crazy, idgaf. I’m not the one pressed about people celebrating Britney’s work. :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

Lol omg you really don't know what you are talking about and what is my opinion about the boycott at all lol.

I mentioned several times that people should have the freedom to choose whatever they want. If they want to buy It or stream the songs fine, it's the excuses of "making It to help Britney" that I always was against.

Go to bed, you don't even know what's going on, you just tried to defend your buddy but didn't even know the content. Hilarious Funny Gif Lol GIF by MOODMAN

1 minute ago, Buffybot said:

Lol omg you really don't know what you are talking about and what is my opinion about the boycott at all lol.

I mentioned several times that people should have the freedom to choose whatever they want. If they want to buy It or stream the songs fine, it's the excuses of "making It to help Britney" that I always was against.

Go to bed, you don't even know what's going on, you just tried to defend your buddy but didn't even know the content. Hilarious Funny Gif Lol GIF by MOODMAN

That’s the smartest thing you’ve said all night. I do have better things to do than arguing with dummies on the internet. Thanks! :rip_dead_grave_mariah_graveyard_flowers_rip:

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, britneyluv said:

Sorry, downvoting you was petty of me and I apologize, but you downvoted all my posts in this thread without giving a legitimate response to any of them, when nothing that I said was meant to be aggressive or inflammatory. 

I'm not going to read 17 pages of this thread, and you should understand that since in your post that I quoted, you freely admitted that "to be honest, I didn't even read the whole thing." 

I prefaced my post with if I am wrong about something substantive to please let me know. I didn't attack or call anybody names. What set me off was the hostility that certain fans (yes, we all are fans) were showing towards other fans who still support and enjoy Britney's music. 

Not asking you to be quiet and I don't think that any person on here is better than others. Just gave my opinion and was bummed by the downvotes when I was trying to be reasonable, that's all.

Sorry Keanu Reeves GIF

Good. Keanu Reeves Thank You GIF by NETFLIX

• Like 1