Selena: The Series discussion thread

9 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Just finished watching Mulan on Disney Plus and find out Selena is out too?! What a weekend. Not me blurring my eyes trying to see how many episodes without looking for spoilers like I don’t know how the story ends :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

You mean the new one, right? I haven't seen it yet, was it good? And I know, I did the same thing :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad: I'm only on episode four so far but everyone keeps texting me things about it and I'm like "no don't spoil it!!" :weirdmeout_umm_ok_what_weirded_britney: :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: Like b.itch, what's there to spoil? :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

• Love 1

I can appreciate that the series give a more in depth look into Selena’s life. And I could get over the fact that this girl looks nothing like Selena... if it wasn’t for the acting. I feel like she could excel in other roles, but not this one. It’s a no for me :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no:

HOWEVER, with that being said, I will continue watching simply because I love Selena and her story :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

• Love 1

I love Christian as Rosita on Walking Dead, but I feel like she could have done better in this role if the writing was a little better and if she got a little thicker for the role, and the costume designer needed to do a better job on some of those wigs. Also, I saw many people complaining about the lipsyncing, but if i'm not mistaken it's not lipsynced but dubbed over because Christian actually recorded her own renditions of the song but Selena's family last-minute wanted to keep the original music (you can her original music in first trailer that was released). 

Other than that, it's enjoyable and I'm glad they're digging deeper into her family's story. I do feel like Selena is more of a secondary character though in this. Maybe Part 2 focuses more on her?

1 hour ago, AmorProhibido said:

You mean the new one, right? I haven't seen it yet, was it good? And I know, I did the same thing :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad: I'm only on episode four so far but everyone keeps texting me things about it and I'm like "no don't spoil it!!" :weirdmeout_umm_ok_what_weirded_britney: :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: Like b.itch, what's there to spoil? :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

It was so good! I thought I was going to hate it because they changed quite a few things, but it’s definitely one of my favorite remakes! I’m on episode three right now and may binge it before bed :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

• Love 1

I'm on episode 6 of the Netflix series. Imo, it isn't bad. Its fine. It's compelling enough for me to want to keep watching it. I was at Selena's last concert when she performed at the Astrodome in Houston (my hometown), and I remember sobbing when my mom told me she was ********. Doesn't matter who plays her role, it will always feel like a miscast (same with who ever plays Britney in a movie). The actress is efficient and gives off some bootleg "Selena" energy (at least she isn't Jell-O).

I really like how they focus on her siblings and not just Selena. Selena still has tons of fans and while some of yall childishly accuse her family of milking her name, its kinda nice they took the time to work on a new project with Netflix, a company who is known for top tier production and entertainment (minus that sick **** show Cuties :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:). 

Idk wtf some of you beanie babies expect her family to do. Not talk about her? Or license her image? I know some of yall would buy a Selena sweater or T-shirt (I have a few :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:). They manage her estate and have bills to pay too. Plus her siblings were also in the band, it wasn't just Selena by herself. Yall act like they are making a cgi version of her to perform on loop forever through a jukebox vending machine. 

• Love 3
On 11/26/2020 at 7:51 PM, AmorProhibido said:

Hi Exhale! :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello:

In a little over a week (or exactly a week depending on where you live), the Netflix Original show Selena: The Series will be releasing worldwide. The show will cover the Tejano superstar's painstaking but ultimately successful rise to fame in nine episodes with Christian Serratos playing the legend herself. As Exhale's resident expert for all things Selena Quintanilla related, I wanted to create a thread where we can discuss the series once it's released.

In the meantime, I'm curious on what everyone thinks of the series. What are you thoughts on it? Will you be tuning in and ugly crying, Exhale? :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup: :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

Selena Quintanilla Dancing GIF

203459325_images(41).jpeg.1ce30f09dc85220e9aaf7b35683a88df.jpeg

My boyfriend enjoys the series. I respect Selena as the icon she is, but for me is kind of...

bored gran hermano GIF by Mediaset España

I like movies, but not many series. I rather be doing something interesting than waisting my life in front of a screen for so many hours. I just enjoy “Pose” and “You”; the Mainard character is ****, smart and kill hipsters; he is so complete.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block