Selena: The Series discussion thread

Hi Exhale! :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello:

In a little over a week (or exactly a week depending on where you live), the Netflix Original show Selena: The Series will be releasing worldwide. The show will cover the Tejano superstar's painstaking but ultimately successful rise to fame in nine episodes with Christian Serratos playing the legend herself. As Exhale's resident expert for all things Selena Quintanilla related, I wanted to create a thread where we can discuss the series once it's released.

In the meantime, I'm curious on what everyone thinks of the series. What are you thoughts on it? Will you be tuning in and ugly crying, Exhale? :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup: :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

Selena Quintanilla Dancing GIF

203459325_images(41).jpeg.1ce30f09dc85220e9aaf7b35683a88df.jpeg

Edited by Roxxy
Featured. TEEHEE 💛💜
  • Love 8
  • Super Mods

For me im kinda mixed about it:

Part of me is excited to watch it but then another part is worried it'll  be bad.

What I dont understand is why does her family feel like they need to make a series when they already made a movie?

Wasn't that enough?

I mean what else are they gonna talk about with her? When she lost her virginity?

I feel like her family milks her memory as much as they could

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, blackoutbixxh said:

What J.Lo film? Is it on Netflix?

The only one I know of recently is Hustlers 

That's also the last J.Lo film I saw. Wait, was it? I also saw Second Act with Vanessa Hudgens but I don't remember which one I saw first. But anyway, yeah no. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: not that. I mean the Selena bio pic played by J.Lo. I haven't seen it. :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

• Haha 2
11 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

That's also the last J.Lo film I saw. Wait, was it? I also saw Second Act with Vanessa Hudgens but I don't remember which one I saw first. But anyway, yeah no. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: not that. I mean the Selena bio pic played by J.Lo. I haven't seen it. :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

Not me thinking you’re talking about a J.Lo documentary :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle: I’ve seen the Selena movie, but it was a LONG time ago :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

• Haha 2
On 11/29/2020 at 11:43 PM, princessmimi said:

For me im kinda mixed about it:

Part of me is excited to watch it but then another part is worried it'll  be bad.

What I dont understand is why does her family feel like they need to make a series when they already made a movie?

Wasn't that enough?

I mean what else are they gonna talk about with her? When she lost her virginity?

I feel like her family milks her memory as much as they could

I hate that I feel the same way. A lot of what they do in her memory feels more like a soulless cash grab, and yet I still buy into it. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing: I'm staying hopeful that it'll deliver though.

On 11/30/2020 at 12:44 AM, Midnight said:

No :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp: I did however recieve today my Ones on vinyl, I'm in LOVE with how gorgeous it is. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

:gloria_falling_stairs_trip: I'm like this close to buying that vinyl but every time I hover over the add to bag button, I remember I don't really like collecting vinyls. :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

On 11/30/2020 at 12:50 AM, Roxxy said:

And I still haven't seen the movie la la la~ :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

Send help. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

:decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white: We have got to find a way for you to watch that movie. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Love 3
On 12/1/2020 at 2:30 PM, blackoutbixxh said:

I just saw this advertised on my Netflix account! I’m willing to give it a shot on my next binge day. Can’t wait to hear what you think of it... I mean you are Exhale’s #1 Selena fan :neydedance_purple:

Yes you definitely should! Honestly I'm trying to get out of working on Friday so I can just binge it all day. :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup: Part of me wants to take my time with it, but the other part of me wants to rush through it so I can talk about it on here. :clownery_makeup_meme:

On 12/1/2020 at 4:36 PM, emmagphoto said:

So glad to see a Selena thread in here like Brit and Selena are both my queens.

Um hello?? :surprisedney_britney_wow_shocked_surprised: Someone who equally (or as close as you can get to equally) stans Britney and Selena? Why have we never talked before? :wow_surprised_shocked_omg:

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
11 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

:gloria_falling_stairs_trip: I'm like this close to buying that vinyl but every time I hover over the add to bag button, I remember I don't really like collecting vinyls. :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

It's so gorgeous, I think you would really like it even if you only buy this one. I am a little upset that they didn't add diffrent pictures to the discs. I mean the ones it has are fine but like Sel has literally hundreds of gorgeous pictures and they added those :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp: I also got the one that comes with a poster but :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde: It feels like they added it as a last minute thing to make it diffrent from the others.

Still it's nice, it's really shinny and metalic I love it. 

• Love 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

I'll watch because I've grown up with her music for as long as i can remember, but I have low expectations. It's no secret her dad has major issues controlling her image (which is understandable), but these mini series are supposed to show detailed insight into the subject's lives, and I feel like it won't be that. Heck, he didn't even want it to be known that she eloped because he didn't want her young fans to think it was okay to go against their parents say. In the book Chris wrote, he did reveal secrets about her that I'm certain her dad was upset about (Selena was not a virgin when they wed). 

I just think it will be a lot of fluff and filler to what the film already showcased. I'll be happy if I'm proven wrong!

¡VIVA SELENA! 🌹🌹🌹

Animated gif about gif in The Queen Selena by Paola

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block