Drake called the Grammys irrelevant and says the panel is old and doesn't understand today's music culture

Can we ask a very honest question here?

Did any of these acts calling the Grammy's every name under the sun, who never had any issues when they were being nominated or winning, release anything worthwhile this year?

The Weeknd released a ho-hum album with a successful single that sounded like Take on Me, and a stream of meh performances; His frustrations were heard because he had a reason....

...but I mean, come on, look at the names who were nominated this year? are you telling me Meghan Thee Stallion or Doja Cat aren't deserving of best new artist? Chromatica isnt deserving of Best Pop Vocal? Folklore doesnt deserve Album of The Year? Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa etc etc. don't deserve recognition?

All of the predicted winners have had huge years; They released music that grabbed fans, grabbed critics, won acclaim or sold well.

Does payola come into it? yes, Justin Bieber doesnt deserve a nomination at all, and Beyonce's Black Parade is questionable at best, but what did anyone badmouthing it do that tops the acts nominated?

In the end, 2020 was a huge year for music when the world faced unprecidented circumstances, and there were artists who still made their mark and owned the year.

Drake? Bebe Rexha? Weeknd? I mean.....seriously.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DougFrmBrazil said:

How the Grammys is so old as Drake points out if the nominees are young? Billie Eilish is the best example.

Not you quoting me from a post of last year. I don't even remember what I ate two hours ago :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence: :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Anyways I don't remember what Drake said, but I believe that the Academy has more to do with your management and deals with the board and little to do with the music. Of course there are exceptions.

• Haha 1
On 11/26/2020 at 1:48 PM, Spicechinodiva said:

Windows phone rest in peace.

Zune rest in peace

microsoft really did lose..

imagine if apple did a video game console. Rest in peace Xbox then. 

Anything apple did microsoft copied and lost. They are lucky xbox was the saving grace. 

Apple's business practices aren't exactly perfect nor are their products so why you **** riding so hard for? Are you an investor?:oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:
Also last time I checked Windows is the most popular desktop OS so how is the Xbox their only saving grace?

Not every company can be successful in every market. It'd be interesting to see Apple try a game console...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block