Drake called the Grammys irrelevant and says the panel is old and doesn't understand today's music culture

Damn, this kiddos are all sore losers, aren’t they? Specially rappers, it seems... They all out there claiming Grammys are irrelevant, but still salty as **** for being snobbed and taking it to social media to express ideais no one really asked for.

I’m not saying that the Grammys are a perfect awards that always get things right, but this overproduced stuff these newbies put out there (that all sound like remixes of the same track) is barely anything to be proud of. Entitled much!?

Michael Jackson was wrongly done by Grammys back in his Thriller era (which is light years more iconic than what these basic people are putting out there) and instead of *****ing about it, he took upon himself to outdo it and simply owned the award later in his “Bad” days. Youngsters should take a page out of the veterans’ books...

• Love 6
  • Like 1

He has a point, yet he's crying over something he calls irrelevant? He should match his words with his actions. Same goes for any artist crying on social media that the Scammy's are basically Scammy's. Does Drake really want to set up something new? I believe he has enough money, power and contacts (other peers and people from the industry) to start it. Once one does it, many may join the cause.
i said what i said nene leakes GIF

PS. Why didn't I see Ariana or Lana crying over being snubbed earlier this year at Grammy's?

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Groundbreaking said:

He has a point, yet he's crying over something he calls irrelevant? He should match his words with his actions. Same goes for any artist crying on social media that the Scammy's are Scammy's basically. Does really Drake start something new? I believe he has enough money, power and contacts (other peers and people from the industry) to start it. Once one does it, many may join the cause.
i said what i said nene leakes GIF

PS. Why didn't I see Ariana or Lana crying over being snubbed earlier this year at Grammy's?

It's because Lana and Ari actually don't give a ****. Drake does, Weeknd does,Nikki does. They just care so much and  want to change the Academy for their benefit and so they use their platform and say that they don't care to discredit the Grammys.

• Love 1
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Windows phone rest in peace.

Zune rest in peace

microsoft really did lose..

imagine if apple did a video game console. Rest in peace Xbox then. 

Anything apple did microsoft copied and lost. They are lucky xbox was the saving grace. 

Apple did a video game console:

apple-bandai-pippin-1995_dc6dd2880247095

:jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle::jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle::jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle::jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle::jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

• Haha 2

The irony of these artists, mostly rappers, calling an award show as prestige as the Grammys ‘irrelevant’ yet it’s all they seem to care or talk about. When it’s a superstar who wins/gets nominated, no one else matters and all is well but when an obscure act or someone less famous wins, these artists and their minions feel the need to take everyone down with them. 

Like I get it. Your friend didn’t get nominated. Sure it sucks but get over it. Not to mention, Drake literally has a song titled ‘Grammys’ and has mentioned how much the award means to him in several of his lyrics/interviews in the past. So much for being ‘irrelevant’. I swear the jokes write themselves sometimes. :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

Also, I miss the days when artists didn’t feel the need to be so vocal about everything and their irrelevant opinions. Social media has literally diminished the value and power of what it means to be a celebrity.

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
On 11/25/2020 at 7:10 PM, Stefani said:

"Music culture for today"? So TikTok, memes, trap, profanity and misogyny? Because that's what most music these days [his in particular] amounts to. :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

I'm not saying that the Grammys are perfect, but I'd rather take them as they are now than see them suddenly get "woke" and follow Drake's lead.

Where would you like me to place the altar I just crafted in your honor?

They never went crying when they did win awards lol.

Plus, I think most of us know how fake the Grammy's are anyway with people buying their awards or with high up connections (cough cough Bey).

Me personally, I never really watched it for the awards because they were lame, but I watched it for the performances.... but now they all the award shows don't even have iconic or even mildly interesting performances anymore.  It's all political and shock tactics now, and no actual entertainment.  There's so many unknown artists who are so talented who never get the attention they deserve.

• 3 months later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block