This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases 'Britney Jean' album in 2013 (November 25)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Work Beep is still a bop

On November 25, 2013, Britney Spears released her eighth studio album Britney Jean. Or not exactly, but it was actually put out for streaming for free through the iTunes store and iTunes radio. The of

Iconic Ask Anything Chat  

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Alexanda said:

But we know for a fact, that Britney didn't sing it (Passenger) i mean not entirely, because the vocalstems are out, so it's not a maybe, she did not the best part of the song: 

Thanks!

I mean my holistic point was that Britney Jean also deserve a rerelease! Because album is decent and with some fresh material the album can do a bit better and we can also get some more personal song that Britney recorded for the album!

6 hours ago, Sourab Patodi said:

Thanks!

I mean my holistic point was that Britney Jean also deserve a rerelease! Because album is decent and with some fresh material the album can do a bit better and we can also get some more personal song that Britney recorded for the album!

But they are maybe released by now, wasn't Naughty Boys La La La for Britney? 

But they could do a new take on this older songs, like take this ****ty glitch out, and make it almost 100% Britney in Alien, let her sing Brightest Morning Star chorus and just delete Body Ache and Till It's Gone (0% Britney) 

1 hour ago, Alexanda said:

But they are maybe released by now, wasn't Naughty Boys La La La for Britney? 

But they could do a new take on this older songs, like take this ****ty glitch out, and make it almost 100% Britney in Alien, let her sing Brightest Morning Star chorus and just delete Body Ache and Till It's Gone (0% Britney) 

Depends! Like we didn’t knew about Swimming in the stars until recently! Based on my experience in working at Warner Music, there is a huge possibility that they RCA still have a lot of songs from Britney Jean era. But we never know

Agree body Ache need to go and Till it’s gone is also not Britney! 

If I was a part of printer PR team, I would recommend releasing Acoustic, Soft rock and Unplugged version of Britney Jean! 

On 11/25/2020 at 12:00 PM, Blackout2006 said:

Yessss the single rollout should have been like:

1. Do you wanna come over?
  2. love me down
  3. Change my mind
  4. Man On The Moon
  5. Make Me
  6. Slumber Party

For me personally:

1. July 2016 - Love Me Down

2. October/November 2016 - Liar

3. January/February 2017 - Just Luv Me

4. April 2017 - Hard to Forget Ya

5. June 2017 - Make Me

6. August 2017 - Coupure Électrique ("Call me a fool call me insane", but I have always been curious about what a visual for this would have looked like.)

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, popprison said:

Alien and Til it's gone are amazing

Wish perfume didn't exist. The video too.

I wish the album cover and title were different too. Oh well.

If Britney sang all the songs, the whole package of the album was different (title and cover art), this BJ would be a decent album tho. 

• Like 1
On 12/5/2020 at 11:29 PM, popprison said:

Alien and Til it's gone are amazing

Wish perfume didn't exist. The video too.

I wish the album cover and title were different too. Oh well.

Perfume is a classic! Her father scrapped the music video because he feared controversy! Also RCA didn’t promote it right! The song should have released featuring Sia who was topping charts at that time!

51 minutes ago, Sourab Patodi said:

Perfume is a classic! Her father scrapped the music video because he feared controversy! Also RCA didn’t promote it right! The song should have released featuring Sia who was topping charts at that time!

tbh the Criminal mv ruined the Perfume gun version mv. It wasn't a good look for her, but I think it would have worked in the Perfume mv