This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases 'Britney Jean' album in 2013 (November 25)

20 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

This week in pop Exhale lost their **** when this came out praising it left and right and one week later when she debuted at #4 is when they turned it around :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

Tbh it’s kind of expected we all go into a new Britney album loving it. It’s our queen. We all need a few weeks to process the album to see whether we actually enjoy it or not. I stopped listening to Britney Jean literally ONE month after I bought it. Once you get over the excitement of a new album, you realize it’s absolute horse **** :jlostare_jennifer_lopez_staring_blink:

• Love 3
  • Leader
7 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

It ended up being a "Blackout 2.0" indeed, only in the sense that they both failed to hit the Top spot on the Billboard 200 chart

:jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle: Pokieeee. :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

This is amazing. Literally every time I write a comment like this I am legit blown away when I open the topic and see what you created. What an epic series! You're outshining me :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Awesome job man. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Justice for Britney Jean? 

• Love 4

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

• Super Mods
3 hours ago, PrinceAli89 said:

I think Exhale enjoys this album more than they pretend to hate it since I see a new BJ thread every other day. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

:urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed: we definitely have lots of closeted Brenda Joan fans in here. I don't think there's any album that gets as many threads as BJ, seven years later. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 6

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Participate on Exhale's Top 100 of 2021

7 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Make Me wasnt really a good LEAD single, maybe as a 4th single but its for sure not when DYWCO? and Love me down were also there

Agree! DYWCO should be lead single, followed by better or love me down, and Make Me as 3 rd single before releasing Album! Glory had potential to be number 1. Her team rushed it! 

actually Mood ring with a pride remix should be released first as a promotional single to create hype!

• Love 2
  • Exhale+

I actually like most of the album. It’s not “bad” like some think about it. For Britney it was a flop but it would be a hot if it had been released by anyone else. The songs are fun, but it’s basic and comes across lifeless for Britney because the production on the songs is terrible and the man who mastered it put no care into it either. I forget his name but her also worked on MDNA from Madonna. All in all, it’s a fun listen every once in a while, but I don’t think about it often and some tracks are unlistenable. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Sourab Patodi said:

Agree! DYWCO should be lead single, followed by better or love me down, and Make Me as 3 rd single before releasing Album! Glory had potential to be number 1. Her team rushed it! 

actually Mood ring with a pride remix should be released first as a promotional single to create hype!

Yessss the single rollout should have been like:

1. Do you wanna come over?
  2. love me down
  3. Change my mind
  4. Man On The Moon
  5. Make Me
  6. Slumber Party

With these singles, Glory could have been HUGE and ATLEAST have 3 hits.

Are you Indian btw?

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I actually like most of the album. It’s not “bad” like some think about it. For Britney it was a flop but it would be a hot if it had been released by anyone else. The songs are fun, but it’s basic and comes across lifeless for Britney because the production on the songs is terrible and the man who mastered it put no care into it either. I forget his name but her also worked on MDNA from Madonna. All in all, it’s a fun listen every once in a while, but I don’t think about it often and some tracks are unlistenable. 

I feel like you and I have such similar tastes. :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

I actually enjoy MDNA too. 

• Love 1

OK Exhale Police, report yourselves to this thread, Poke just made a thread about BJ, be careful, he might rewrite Britstory is we allow him!!

10 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Tik+Tik+Boom+China+EP_0001t.jpg It+Should+Be+Easy+China+EP_0007t.jpg

Though they weren't released for commercial purposes, official remixes for It Should Be Easy and Tik Tik Boom were issued in early 2014, but they were sent to nightclubs exclusively. Some fanmade CD's are still making the rounds on the internet.

I didn't know about this! :O

It ended up being a "Blackout 2.0" indeed, only in the sense that they both failed to hit the Top spot on the Billboard 200 chart, and they both lacked of promo performances or a corresponding tour as the other albums of hers did. Also because they're both fan favorites :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle: but anyways...

:gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

On her interview with Shape magazine, Britney commented “the record is definitely going to be more hip-hop than pop this time around.”

She wants her hip-hop / urban album so bad... I feel like she's aiming at it since ITZ.

In August, Britney shared the recipe for Album #8:

577211_10151792093618234_957486767_n.jpg

We should clarify that that picture recipe is fan-made, it didn't come from Britney or her team.

At Ellen she explained it was the "term of endearment" her family would call her when "she was bad"

I always hated so much that she confused her actual name with... "a term of endearment" omg couldn't her team correct her before repeating that in every single interview? A "term of endearment" would be "Brit Brit" or "(the real) Queen B". No wait, that last one is just a fact.

A demo of Tik Tik Boom performed by G.R.L. also hit the net.

This is the first time I hear that... There's a comment in this video that says: "Sorry, but this is not G.R.L.! Natasha from G.R.L. confirmed it." But I couldn't find that confirmation online.

Britney Spears - Tik Tik Boom (Demo by G.R.L.) - YouTube

allegations of Exhale's favorite backup singer Myah Marie to be lead singer on the album instead of Britney. Myah Marie has denied the claims more times than the amount of singles she's ever released

:orangu_orangutan_ape:

A, now iconic, glitch that can be heard in the final version of Alien was also criticized by fans, with William Orbit blaming it on will.i.am's production. "One day the story will.be.told But right now, the future is far too bright to look back".

Thank you SO MUCH for this! William Orbit is an astounding producer, so I could never believe that he would make such a huge mistake as allowing a glitch in any of his records, especially not for one of the biggest stars the world has ever seen, that's nuts to even think about it. So I'm not surprised to hear it was will.i.am's fault.

To this day, though the album hasn't managed to sell lots of copies around the world, it somehow is the only album of Britney that keeps charting on iTunes on over 15 countries simultaneously in a consistent fashion, 7 years after its release.

...really?

• Like 1