Justin Bieber gets four nominations at the Grammys, posts note about R&Bieber saying Changes is not a pop record

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Justin Bieber scored four nominations at the Grammys, but he's turned off by the pop category nom. :bieber_justin_smirk_weird:

He wrote a note.

“To the Grammys, I am flattered to be acknowledged and appreciated for my artistry. I am very meticulous and intentional about my music. With that being said, I set out to make an R&B album. ‘Changes’ was and is an R&B album. It is not being acknowledged as an R&B album, which is very strange to me.”

“I grew up admiring R&B music and wished to make a project that would embody that sound. For this not to be put into that category feels weird, considering from the chords to the melodies to the vocal style, all the way down to the hip-hop drums that were chosen, it is undeniably, unmistakably an R&B album!”

“To be clear,” he said in conclusion, “I absolutely love Pop music, it just wasn’t what I set out to make this time around. My gratitude for feeling respected for my work remains and I am honored to be nominated either way.”

“Please don’t mistake this as me being ungrateful, these are just my thoughts take em or leave em. Thank you to the people who fought for me to even have any noms.”

EnnJuPwXEAUV4Rg?format=jpg&name=large

Nominations:

• Best Pop Solo Performance - Yummy
  • Best Pop Duo - Intentions
  • Best Pop Vocal Album - Changes
  • Best Country Duo - 10,000 Hours

Related:

jb-gram.jpg.2982a51c7527d5165468ad1c578d5ec4.jpg

• Haha 1

He's getting dragged..

The only reason he's crying foul is he knows he's going to lose to either Taylor Swift or dua Lipa..

Like my friend said. Had he been nominated for R&B he would have won..

He's only mad cos he's going to lose. His Album and even Chromatica will lose. 

The real race is Dua or Taylor Swift.

The others well it's nice that you got nominated. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

He's getting dragged..

The only reason he's crying foul is he knows he's going to lose to either Taylor Swift or dua Lipa..

Like my friend said. Had he been nominated for R&B he would have won..

He's only mad cos he's going to lose. His Album and even Chromatica will lose. 

The real race is Dua or Taylor Swift.

The others well it's nice that you got nominated. 

Ew @ the thought of Yummy possibly winning a Grammy though 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

His pop music making *** needs to take several seats. His collection of ringtones he calls an album is POP and no amount of R&B influences will change that. Instead of whining like the entitled little brat that he is, he should feel grateful that Scooter's checks went through and got his panned collection those nominations.

Many black artists are overlooked or nominated in the wrong category (or just flat out not nominated because the idiotic Grammy committee "can't decide if it's pop or R&B," yes, i'm talking about The Weeknd) but don't get to complain because the committee is clearly not afraid to blacklist acts, and for this idiot to feel so entitled to complain about his genre that his own TEAM and LABEL submitted to without even having to worry about potential blacklisting... The privilege is too real.

He makes my blood boil with how ******* entitled he acts  :beyfedup_beyonce_sunglasses_fed_up_annoyed_ok_wow_smh:

• Love 2
  • Like 3

Again he's whining. Jesus Christ, everyday it's a new complaint. I've never seen a popstar complain about their lives so much. Dude needs to realize that one day (maybe soon) no one is going to care, never mind nominating him for awards. Who's he going to complain to then? Only his wife will listen.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

He should be happy he got nominated, how many more talented people should’ve gotten those nominations but he got them. Btw he needs to stop this R&B BS! honey you made a Pop record with trap and hip hop influences! 

What is up with these white boys named Justin saying they are doing R&B music when it’s Pop! 

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block