Official Britney Spears Single! OR NOT!

Lonely2001

To be honest guys, I'm kind of getting tired of this. I want to make a Britney Spears Singles ranking and man, Britney's discography is questionable. So I need your help! Besides the "official" singles (39 of them) we have some regional and singles without a video. So let's start!

My Only Wish (This Year)

This single was just a promo single in 2000 but this year it got a digital re-release and a physical vynl for sale so it is now probably an official single.

Anticipating

Yeah, this one is a 100% official regional single so i don't even want to discusse it. PS guys I have found the official video so if somebody's intersted, just ask.

That's Where You Take Me

This one is just like Anticipating. We even have the official video on yt and my friend @MSTAR remastered it recently. If you have this video in better quality than 480 p please tell us so the remastered video would be better.

Unusual You

Yeah, this one is the biggest problem. A lot of people says it is fake but I found some sources that say it is an official. Here is a link: https://australian-charts.com/showitem.asp?interpret=Britney+Spears&titel=Unusual+You&cat=s

You can view the cat number and if you search it it will show you a lot of sites that confirm that this song is a single. But I realy need someone from Australia or NZ to confirm or deny this!!!!

Mood Ring

In my opinion it is an official single because it had a digitial release and it was sent to Italian radio. You can see that in this link:

https://www.earone.it/radio_date/search/artist/history/britney/

So it has a digital release and a radio-play in certain countryes. It doesn't have a music video but that's not important. It doesn't have a physical release but now is the digital era so that doesn't matter either. Do you think that this one is official or is it just a promo?

Swimming In The Stars

So I believe that this one is alredy a single lol. It has a vynl release and it'll have a digital release. They will myb make a lyrics video and for the radio-play, I'm not sure.

B as the featured artist

1. What's Going On

2. S&M Remix

3. Scream & Shout

4. Tom's Diner

5. Hands

Should I consider these as official Britney singles and add them to my list?

Please share your opinion and send me information that is 100% reliable! Love you guys! ❤

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

Someone should seriously update her official singles on wikipedia because there's new thread about them every week:eyes_britney_laugh:

Hahahahaahahahah I mean a lot of her Wikipedia page info is wrong. They put It Should Be Easy as an official single (WHY?) Just because of radio-play in Italy but without physical or digital release. What do you think about My Only Wish, Mood Ring and Unusual You. I'm not so sure that they're singles. I can use your help.

For That’s Where You Take Me, @CJMCH helped me to find the original clips usued for the Official Video (thank you so much by the way!!). They are available on Britney Online and are ripped in 720p so I guess I can even upscale them in 4K but it would need a complete editing from zero to copy the same scenes sequences as the Official Video. (For now, impossible to download them as they are not available anymore I hope they will be reuploaded)

For Anticipating, the official video is the live performance of DWAD no? I will cut it to fits the audio album track and add some making of clips to make the video more dynamic and looking like an actual music video!

2 minutes ago, rasim.cesko said:

Hahahahaahahahah I mean a lot of her Wikipedia page info is wrong. They put It Should Be Easy as an official single (WHY?) Just because of radio-play in Italy but without physical or digital release. What do you think about My Only Wish, Mood Ring and Unusual You. I'm not so sure that they're singles. I can use your help.

Well the digital age has definitely made the word "single" less meaningful. I guess Mood Ring, My Only Wish are definitively singles now. Unusual You was never single, not even promotional wasn't it, it just happened to chart with Lace and Leather and Mmm Papi in some countries :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:
Swimming in the stars isn't released yet but there's not gonna be remixes or b-side so I think it's gonna be promotional single? :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

the collaborations are definitely singles, including charity singles (not so sure about S&M, but I guess it was released in some way)

Unusual You, we really need confirmation. Back in the day it was understandable that Anticipating and TWYTM got away with being released in their respective regions, without a worldwide announcement, but Unusual You being released (allegedly) during the digital era, I just find it weird that no announcement would be made on her official social media, official website, etc. Even Kill the Lights that wasn't a single (and yet was released on that disc with the Circus Fantasy) got several posts on the official website for the contest for the video.

So again, I just find it weird why would they release Unusual You or any other song, as a shadow release without a single post or blog about it (unless I missed it). :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

Now, independently of if they're sent to radio or not, or if they get a video or not, I think Mood Ring and SITS are pretty much singles, because they got a proper release. Even more, if this new Glory reissue will include SITS, could that make it the fourth single? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

They're definitely "more single" than the actual promotional singles Private Show, Clumsy and DWYCO.

Thing is, KTL got a video, and is not a single. ISBE and several other BJ songs were sent to radio, but they're not singles. To me single is an independent release that you can buy, physically or digitally, usually with its own cover and all, whether it gets a video, gets sent to radio or gets a live performance, etc. 

But that's me, who am I to say anything? :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

58 minutes ago, rasim.cesko said:

Unusual You

Yeah, this one is the biggest problem. A lot of people says it is fake but I found some sources that say it is an official. Here is a link: https://australian-charts.com/showitem.asp?interpret=Britney+Spears&titel=Unusual+You&cat=s

You can view the cat number and if you search it it will show you a lot of sites that confirm that this song is a single. But I realy need someone from Australia or NZ to confirm or deny this!!!!

I checked your link and it has product number "Jive 86974 78842" but googling it only reveals that the single was unofficial/bootleg :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

Discogs is good source for researching. While it's not always right, it usually reveals if something is bootleg/unofficial 

https://www.discogs.com/Britney-Spears-Unusual-You-/release/5075890

2 hours ago, MSTAR said:

For That’s Where You Take Me, @CJMCH helped me to find the original clips usued for the Official Video (thank you so much by the way!!). They are available on Britney Online and are ripped in 720p so I guess I can even upscale them in 4K but it would need a complete editing from zero to copy the same scenes sequences as the Official Video. (For now, impossible to download them as they are not available anymore I hope they will be reuploaded)

For Anticipating, the official video is the live performance of DWAD no? I will cut it to fits the audio album track and add some making of clips to make the video more dynamic and looking like an actual music video!

Here is the official video: https://we.tl/t-zBx8UyeU9n

Try to make it as similar as possible. And for the audio use the album track defenitely! If copyright doesn't let you to edit it as much as you need. 🙂🙂🙂

2 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

Well the digital age has definitely made the word "single" less meaningful. I guess Mood Ring, My Only Wish are definitively singles now. Unusual You was never single, not even promotional wasn't it, it just happened to chart with Lace and Leather and Mmm Papi in some countries :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:
Swimming in the stars isn't released yet but there's not gonna be remixes or b-side so I think it's gonna be promotional single? :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

They will probably do some remixes after the release, as they did with Mood Ring. I mean the only thing lacking is radio-play and a video, but we'll see.

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

the collaborations are definitely singles, including charity singles (not so sure about S&M, but I guess it was released in some way)

Unusual You, we really need confirmation. Back in the day it was understandable that Anticipating and TWYTM got away with being released in their respective regions, without a worldwide announcement, but Unusual You being released (allegedly) during the digital era, I just find it weird that no announcement would be made on her official social media, official website, etc. Even Kill the Lights that wasn't a single (and yet was released on that disc with the Circus Fantasy) got several posts on the official website for the contest for the video.

So again, I just find it weird why would they release Unusual You or any other song, as a shadow release without a single post or blog about it (unless I missed it). :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

Now, independently of if they're sent to radio or not, or if they get a video or not, I think Mood Ring and SITS are pretty much singles, because they got a proper release. Even more, if this new Glory reissue will include SITS, could that make it the fourth single? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

They're definitely "more single" than the actual promotional singles Private Show, Clumsy and DWYCO.

Thing is, KTL got a video, and is not a single. ISBE and several other BJ songs were sent to radio, but they're not singles. To me single is an independent release that you can buy, physically or digitally, usually with its own cover and all, whether it gets a video, gets sent to radio or gets a live performance, etc. 

But that's me, who am I to say anything? :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Swimming In The Star will be on the re-release and it'll be Glory's fourth single if we consider Mood Ring a single. Yeah, I'm so confised with Unusual You, I just need someone from Australia and NZ to confirm if it is or not...

5 minutes ago, rasim.cesko said:

Here is the official video: https://we.tl/t-zBx8UyeU9n

Try to make it as similar as possible. And for the audio use the album track defenitely! If copyright doesn't let you to edit it as much as you need. 🙂🙂🙂

Yeah it’s the live performance but edited to fits the album version, I’m thinking of just posting the live performance upscaled without any edit? Because I think that some people would complain as they prefer the live performance? Or maybe I just edit like the video you shared?

Just now, MSTAR said:

Yeah it’s the live performance but edited to fits the album version, I’m thinking of just posting the live performance upscaled without any edit? Because I think that some people would complain as they prefer the live performance? Or maybe I just edit like the video you shared?

I think you should edit it as the video is. Myb add the Britney Spears - Anticipating writting as it is in the video. Fit it to the original track, it would be shorter and more "official". I think you could get more views. You could upload the full live performance later when you finish the videos. When will you post it now that you know what to do? Hahahhahaha next week or the week after?

4 minutes ago, rasim.cesko said:

I think you should edit it as the video is. Myb add the Britney Spears - Anticipating writting as it is in the video. Fit it to the original track, it would be shorter and more "official". I think you could get more views. You could upload the full live performance later when you finish the videos. When will you post it now that you know what to do? Hahahhahaha next week or the week after?

Or maybe in a few days? :orly_oh_britney_surprised_wow_excited:

In two days, I will release The Joy Of Pepsi (which is already uploaded but in private), so normally if I’m not too busy, I will work on it and release it as soon as possible. 

2 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

Or maybe in a few days? :orly_oh_britney_surprised_wow_excited:

In two days, I will release The Joy Of Pepsi (which is already uploaded but in private), so normally if I’m not too busy, I will work on it and release it as soon as possible. 

Whaaaaat hahahahahah you are uploading videos more frequently last two weeks... You gooooo! ❤❤❤❤🎉🎉🎉🎉

4 minutes ago, rasim.cesko said:

Whaaaaat hahahahahah you are uploading videos more frequently last two weeks... You gooooo! ❤❤❤❤🎉🎉🎉🎉

That’s because I found some time to upscale videos that doesn’t require editing (Pepsi ads, TWYTM), and trust me, improving the quality of videos is easier than editing the whole video, that’s why I posted more videos lately :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:
But I will be too busy next weeks so at least I have The Joy Of Pepsi ready. :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

Archived