GRAMMYs 2021: WINNERS LIST

Jordan Miller

20 hours ago, Barajas said:

I disagree, Grammys are not about commercial sucess but about releasing records that could be use as reference in the following years, to mark a trend in the industry. 
I think Chromatica was not very much promoted, but it is an EXTREMELY WELL PRODUCED AND COHESIVE album, probably not the best of the year but at least deseved to be nominated in one of the main categories. 

Grammys vote process is also about popularity among the academia and sending your records for consideration. Im not sure, but I would think Gaga prefered not to send her tracks to the main categories knowing she would not won this year, and send it only to the "safe" categories.  I think she is a very solid contender for the pop performance by a duo category  :neydedance_purple:.

Tbh grammys arent consistent with giving more awards to critically acclaimed or impactful records. Shape of You won over Praying, among other cases that I cant recall rn. Blackout had an impact on the music landscape to the point it was inducted to the Rock and Roll hall of fame and Rolling Stone acknowledged that the album had an obvious impact on the pop music that were on radio in the next following years, yet she didnt get any noms. Glory was well reviewed and she still didnt get any nom. Circus was a success and she lost the only nom she got to Rihanna. There are artists that no matter what they do, they will get snubbed by the grammys: Britney, Mariah, P!nk, Shakira...

And I feel like sometimes they give awards to records that were more succesful and sometimes they give to more critically acclaimed records. It seems like they go back and forth with this just to give the awards to someone they want to give, it doesnt matter if it makes sense in the end. After hours wasnt only way more succesful than Changes, but also more impactful and critically acclaimed. Same goes to Fine Line. And Grammys arent the Oscars that many times give awards to low budget movies anyway. 

1 hour ago, jonjon2000 said:

Now i see it :)

i fully agree with you but also be sad / angry about it hahaha. Jordan we need the sad reaction.

@IAmJustAKnee you were just saying the facts. I hate these Grammys. Rina excluded is a big slap in the face

Omg yeah I agree. @Jordan Miller We'd love a sad reaction! GGD has it and it's very useful.

As for Rina her snub really was so disheartening to me because it felt like no matter what, Asians still won't get the proper representation and I know BTS got nominated but I mean Asians who grew up/raised specifically in Western countries like Rina, it's so rare to ever see that kind of representation properly (BTS was lucky to even be nominated) especially when Asian parents don't even provide support for their children who want to go into these types of fields. Her album was literally in English but it's like no matter how much Asians (or any marginalized groups growing up) try to "fit in" and compromise for Western validation, it still isn't enough for them. I feel whiny bringing up race but when you have stuff like Yummy being nominated I can't help but bring it up like we shouldn't be wasting energy on this, it should have been resolved long ago :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

Edited by IAmJustAKnee
  • Love 2

I think Billie and Fienneas (particularly Fienneas) are talented but I really believe they have been adopted by the Grammys cause the Grammy need the attention of a new generation that mostly, couldn't care less about them. Watch them give 10 Grammy to Charlie D'Amelio somewhat soon hahaha. 

1 minute ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

On my way to steal her Grammy’s for Duo Lilo ashley-tisdale-food.gif

BEYONCÉ GOT ROBBED AT THE GRAMMYS AGAIN, PROVING A PROBLEMATIC TREND

Despite her show-stopping performance and groundbreaking album, Queen Bey lost the three biggest categories of the night to Adele—proving that the Recording Academy is willfully out of touch.

https://vmagazine.com/article/beyonce-grammys-2017-robbery/

:shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao::madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts::watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

BEYONCÉ GOT ROBBED AT THE GRAMMYS AGAIN, PROVING A PROBLEMATIC TREND

Despite her show-stopping performance and groundbreaking album, Queen Bey lost the three biggest categories of the night to Adele—proving that the Recording Academy is willfully out of touch.

https://vmagazine.com/article/beyonce-grammys-2017-robbery/

:shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao::madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts::watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

The only one committing robbery is @Midnight :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• Haha 3

Soooooo many Beyoncé haters. If you listened to The Lion King: The Gift album, y’all would know why she was nominated. Listen to BIGGER or Mood 4-EVA. Or watch Black Is King on disney+. **** is beautiful and gave me chills.

As for Justin Bieber getting noms... tragic. Changes was a terrible album and don’t even get me started on Yummy.. song is absolute Trash. Alsooooooo it’s NOT r&b. gimme a break. Justin thinking Yummy is R&B shows he is absolutely delusional :ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black: He is the epitome of yas gurl give us no energy. His ugly music video where he struggle dances and emotionessly sings into the camera. Da fuq. Sorry. To think that The Weeknd was snubbed and JB was nominated for his weakest album to date really grinds my gears :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

Billie Eilish is BORINGGGGGG. She has a few bops but everything i wanted is a borefest. fight me

Dua Lipa deserved. Hope she wins a Grammy or two.

Gaga deserved for Rain On Me. But so does Exile. I don’t believe Chromatica is an award winning album but it’s cohesive and cute. My prediction is Folklore will sweep :inbed_ahs_hotel_sarah_paulson_grin_smirk_cackle_bed_reading_phone:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block