What is your current BOP?

Love the idea of this thread! Have already found so many great songs for my playlist!

Here are a couple that have been on replay for me lately:

Raye is such an underrated queen! Huge in the UK, but virtually unknown here in North America.

One of my all-time favorite Britney b-sides. Also this live performance is everything. 

This remix really does it for me. Wish the video was longer though. 

I scoffed at this song when I first heard it, but lately I haven't been able to get it out of my head. Is it fresh, groundbreaking pop music? No. Is it a really effective ear-worm? Oh yeah. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, SpookyFish13 said:

Love the idea of this thread! Have already found so many great songs for my playlist!

Here are a couple that have been on replay for me lately:

Raye is such an underrated queen! Huge in the UK, but virtually unknown here in North America.

One of my all-time favorite Britney b-sides. Also this live performance is everything. 

This remix really does it for me. Wish the video was longer though. 

I scoffed at this song when I first heard it, but lately I haven't been able to get it out of my head. Is it fresh, groundbreaking pop music? No. Is it a really effective ear-worm? Oh yeah. 

Right!! I love you all for this. It's brings so much magic to my life. <3

This is from last year, but I only discovered it recently.   

070 Shake is a queer latina rap performer, who’s already worked with Kayne West  Ghost Town and Violent Crimes), and she’s only 22. 

Dunno if it’s a bop, but it accompanies me home every night, as I walk the dark snowy streets of winter. 

It has the best line, “you look like the moon in the morning; jaded, faded, almost gone” 

No doubt it will feature on the next season of Euphoria. It’s a vibe.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Justin Woodpond said:

This is from last year, but I only discovered it recently.   

O70 is a queer latina rap performer, who’s already worked with Kayne West  Ghost Town and Violent Crimes), and she’s only 22. 

Dunno if it’s a bop, but it accompanies me home every night, as I walk the dark snowy streets of winter. 

It has the best line, “you look like the moon in the morning; jaded, faded, almost gone” 

No doubt it will feature on the next season of Euphoria. It’s a vibe.

It’s a mood, for sure! 

In what way do you relate to it? I’m not straight so, all this “machismo” behaviour seems like nonsense to me. I can emphasize with the struggle, hard to relate personally. 

5 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

It’s a mood, for sure! 

In what way do you relate to it? I’m not straight so, all this “machismo” behaviour seems like nonsense to me. I can emphasize with the struggle, hard to relate personally. 

Just the song I like.

I actually don't care for the video. It doesn't match with the vibe of the song at all. And it's badly directed. I guess what it's really saying is being a man is a performance, and if you slip up, it's basically very hard to come back from that without creating another character. I guess that's why guys like super hero movies. I dunno. I'm ranting now.

It is nonsense. As RuPaul would say "We are all pretending" "don't take it too seriously" "have fun with it"

I'm queer. You?

I presume you mean "I CANT emphasize with the struggle, hard to relate personally".

Cheers

1 minute ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Just the song I like.

I actually don't care for the video. It doesn't match with the vibe of the song at all. And it's badly directed. I guess what it's really saying is being a man is a performance, and if you slip up, it's basically very hard to come back from that without creating another character. I guess that's why guys like super hero movies. I dunno. I'm ranting now.

It is nonsense. As RuPaul would say "We are all pretending" "don't take it too seriously" "have fun with it"

I'm queer. You?

I presume you mean "I CANT emphasize with the struggle, hard to relate personally".

Cheers

That’s a great interpretation, thanks for clarifying. I can emphasize in the sense that if I was a “straight” man having to bottle my feelings and exude toxic masculinity to appease society is hard (also boring). It’s not the same pretending to be in the closet because that other side of you is still there. But, I’m glad I’m not straight because adhering to those stereotyped gender roles or ascribing to them is so basic. It’s nice when there are variants to a man. Not to mean in terms of ***uality, but some men are eclectic and multifaceted. There not all “one” thing, but I’ve met some men that are just your cookie cutter “maschimo” male and proud of it ... and am like, you can be sensitive and emotional you know. Unless they are really good at hiding it. 

8 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

That’s a great interpretation, thanks for clarifying. I can emphasize in the sense that if I was a “straight” man having to bottle my feelings and exude toxic masculinity to appease society is hard (also boring). It’s not the same pretending to be in the closet because that other side of you is still there. But, I’m glad I’m not straight because adhering to those stereotyped gender roles or ascribing to them is so basic. It’s nice when there are variants to a man. Not to mean in terms of ***uality, but some men are eclectic and multifaceted. There not all “one” thing, but I’ve met some men that are just your cookie cutter “maschimo” male and proud of it ... and am like, you can be sensitive and emotional you know. Unless they are really good at hiding it. 

Well this is actually the core message of the video, (If you read the beginning), that society expects men to be masculine and maschimo, but it rarely allows them to be sensitive or vulnerable.

They are taught to create this shell from a young age to hide these feelings. And, if that shell breaks, then it's curtains, unless they create this "hero" like character, to replace it, through ego, desire and pride. Everytime that shell cracks they have to replace it again and again. Until they loose them selves inside of it. Much like trump.

070 Shake is a woman and lesbian, she doesn't define her self as gay or queer, she likes to say she  "just likes women". She is trying to say with this video, that just for a moment let's look at men (with a bit of empathy), just for a moment. Even though it is a mans world, men pay a price too for it by having to live up to some BS expectation that the world has of them, which is that they need to be strong, manly etc.  it is a small price to pay for some, but a great one if you are gay or queer or creative and live/grow up in a hostile environment like countries that forbid men to be this way.

Anyway. Enough about the video. 

I hope you enjoy the song if you let your self.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block