Charli D'Amelio crosses the 100 million followers mark on TikTok

2 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

yes but you can name any singer who has used prerec in 99% of his performances?  

especially before the 2000s?

well, maybe not in the US (I ignore that) but in Latin America it's been very common since the 70's, 80's all the way till the 00's, especially on television shows that don't have the proper conditions to support a live band or live vocals (because of the acoustics). Even great singers like Shakira had to lipsync while promoting their singles. They usually sing live on concerts, most of the time, but everything that is televised, or even radio festivals and such, usually include pre-recorded vocals or straight up the CD version.

Britney only went full lipsync starting with the Circus era.

29 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

well, maybe not in the US (I ignore that) but in Latin America it's been very common since the 70's, 80's all the way till the 00's, especially on television shows that don't have the proper conditions to support a live band or live vocals (because of the acoustics). Even great singers like Shakira had to lipsync while promoting their singles. They usually sing live on concerts, most of the time, but everything that is televised, or even radio festivals and such, usually include pre-recorded vocals or straight up the CD version.

Britney only went full lipsync starting with the Circus era.

yes i understand your point and also here in Italy there are some tv shows that force singers to use the playback

But Britney was associated a lot to prereq since the beginning of her career and this has affected her especially at the eyes of the music industry.
For ex. she was invited to performe at the Grammys only 1 time

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block