Which Era Was Bigger? Oops!...I Did It Again Era or The 1989 Era

Oops , is that a true question ?

But like some of you guys have mentioned, teenage dream was huge , and every single from that album was super successful, also on the charts ..... But Britney is another level . She's a super performer and her vma performance shocked everyone. 

• Love 2
  • Super Mods

Obviously Oops was bigger but 1989 was big too.

The thing is u cant compare both cause they came out in different eras.

Oops came out back when people would buy albums and cd singles

while with 1989, it had the advantages of youtube, streaming services and social media.

Overall I think both are great and there my fave albums from both Britney and Taylor

• Love 3
  • Super Mods

while with 1989, it had the advantages of youtube, streaming services and social media.

Overall I think both are great and there my fave albums from both Britney and Taylor

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

• Love 1
2 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

It's really hard to compare the success of two records from completely different eras - y'know, the whole physical vs. digital era thing... :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: Either way, it's incredible how well "1989" did considering the industry landscape. The only album that came close was "x" by Ed Sheeran, and even that didn't sell half as much as "1989" did. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes: I was too young to fully witness the impact of "Oops", but I'm inclined to say that "1989" was actually a bigger cultural reset, but don't quote me on that. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

Girl, there has been nothing like Britney ever since Britney came out in 1998. Id say Eminem and Gaga were the closest ones. Britney was successful with everything: huge sales, impact, influence, controversy, huge fan following, many iconic moments and insane fame. She was a phenomenon. Nothing that Taylor have done comes close to Oops and BOMT eras. 1989 could only be compared to Britney and ITZ eras but the impact and influence Britney still has till this day bc of these eras is still bigger than anything that came out from 1989. And I like Taylor and I think shes talented, but these are the facts. When Taylor was big with 1989, do u know who Billboard compared her to? Thats right, Britney! Taylor tried so much to break Britneys 14 years old record with 1989 and that shows how much power Britney still has. 

0:49 

Taylor won Album of the year her second one, and that Makes Max Martin a Grammy winner as well. 

Since everybody gets a Grammy for participating in the project. 

Plus 3 US Billboard hot 100 #1 songs. 

But you set this to fail. 

Cos Taylor had youtube and Streaming services. Britney technically didn't. Actually most of us had to do chores and beg mom and dad to drive us to the mall. To pick up Britney. 

Where Taylor fans just needed the access to iTunes or target. 

I would have Done Stripped vs. Oops. I hate putting albums from two different Decades that actually wasn't in the competition at all. 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block