Which Era Was Bigger? Oops!...I Did It Again Era or The 1989 Era

22 minutes ago, alexxxx said:

Singles wise? 1989. Album wise? Oops. But 1989 has been charting for six whole years now so it's close.

Singles had success but Shake It Off is the only memorable one to the general public, while the first two singles of Oops!... are widely known with the 3rd being pretty well known too. Longevity charting doesn't matter in this scenario considering Britney was dealing with physical sales + airplay while Taylor has streams, digital sales, physical sales and airplay. 

• Love 3

It's really hard to compare the success of two records from completely different eras - y'know, the whole physical vs. digital era thing... :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: Either way, it's incredible how well "1989" did considering the industry landscape. The only album that came close was "x" by Ed Sheeran, and even that didn't sell half as much as "1989" did. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes: I was too young to fully witness the impact of "Oops", but I'm inclined to say that "1989" was actually a bigger cultural reset, but don't quote me on that. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

• Haha 3
38 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Singles had success but Shake It Off is the only memorable one to the general public, while the first two singles of Oops!... are widely known with the 3rd being pretty well known too. Longevity charting doesn't matter in this scenario considering Britney was dealing with physical sales + airplay while Taylor has streams, digital sales, physical sales and airplay. 

Umm blank space was hit & you will deal ! 

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block