This Day in Pop: Britney releases 'Britney Spears Live and More!' in 2000 and 'Britney Spears Live: The Femme Fatale Tour' in 2011 (November 21)

britneyvideos.jpg.cfb5e608b577f0dce3f8ed578238c5c1.jpg

Her team sure loves November releases :qtbrit_britney_2015_smile_happy:

livemore.jpg

On November 21, 2000, Britney Spears released her second video Britney Spears: Live and More! on VHS, and would be later released on DVD in 2001.

The video includes Britney's performance at Waikiki Beach in Hawaii from her Crazy 2k Tour, three music videos and her participation on Saturday Night Live.

It was a commercial success, peaking at #3 on the US Music Videos chart and getting certified Platinum for 300,000 shipments.

Track list:

Music Videos:

1. Lucky
  2. Oops!... I Did It Again
  3. Stronger

Saturday Night Live:

1. Woodrow the Homeless Man
  2. Britney Judges Dancer Tryouts
  3. Morning Latte
  4. Oops!... I Did It Again (Live)
  5. Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know (Live)

Live from Waikiki Beach, Hawaii:

1. (You Drive Me) Crazy
  2. Sometimes
  3. From the Bottom of My Broken Heart
  4. Born to Make You Happy
  5. Oops!... I Did It Again
  6. Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know
  7. The Beat Goes On
  8. ...Baby One More Time

Special Features:

1. Video Jukebox
  2. Photo Gallery
  3. Britney interviewed in Tokyo

R-5459704-1393913142-4193.jpeg.jpg

11 years later, on November 21, 2011, she released Britney Spears Live: The Femme Fatale Tour.  This special was originally premiered on Epix, and it showcased Britney's August 13 and 14 performances from her 2011 Femme Fatale Tour, at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto. It peaked at #2 on the US Billboard Top Videos chart while reaching the #1 position in Italy and Mexico.

The Blue-Ray included the 4 music videos released from the Femme Fatale album: Hold It Against Me, Till the World Ends, I Wanna Go and Criminal, while the Deluxe bonus CD contained 9 remixes plus the Japan bonus track, Scary.

Tracklist:

1. Femme Fatale (Video introduction)
  2. Hold It Against Me
  3. Up N' Down
  4. 3
  5. Piece of Me
  6. Sweet Seduction (Video interlude)
  7. Big Fat Bass (ft. will.i.am)
  8. How I Roll
  9. Lace and Leather
  10. If U Seek Amy
  11. Temptress (Video interlude)
  12. Gimme More
  13. (Drop Dead) Beautiful (ft. Sabi)
  14. Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know
  15. Boys
  16. Code Name: Trouble (Video interlude)
  17. ...Baby One More Time
  18. S&M
  19. Trouble for Me
  20. I'm a Slave 4 U
  21. I Wanna Go
  22. Womanizer
  23. **** Assassin (Video interlude)
  24. Toxic
  25. Till the World Ends (ft. Nicki Minaj)
  26. Credits

• Love 6
  • Super Mods

I just bought the live and more on ebay a few weeks ago, its still as good as I remember.

I used to have the Femme Fatale dvd but idk what happened, I guess it got lost when I moved

but I would definitely buy it again.

I wanna try to buy every one of her concerts on dvd. I already have the Oops tour on dvd, I just need the DWAD tour, Onyx Hotel tour, Circus and Femme Fatale ones

• Love 3
  • Like 1

The FF dvd honestly could've been such a good movie. The way how the camera angles are so bad and still cause they filmed it as a 3D movie just for it to only air a couple times like that makes it so unwatchable. They also filmed it at such a bad show, there were so many good moments from other dates that ended up flat in toronto but that's team britney in a nutshell:bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Live & More will always be as good as I remember. It never gets old, and it’s so refreshing to watch after a long while. She was so into it. Literally right before Oops! Came out and established her 15 year record. She was just upon the cusp of Iconicness.  

So the FFT DVD, I have a really soft spot for it because I left for Navy Boot Camp the day before Femme Fatale was released and the tour happened when I was just getting onto my first ship then the DVD came out.

Britneys music literally got through navy boot camp. It’s all I kept in my head to keep motivated and focused. I thought a lot about her DWAD Tour and Onyx Hotel because she was so in form and super on point.

I remember scamming one of my friends to drive me to Target the day the Femme Fatale tour DVD came out. No one was going out so I lied and said I needed to buy clothes, and I got a ride. Then I walked out of the store with the DVD/CD and Florence + the machine’s new album Ceremonials. It was a Fab time. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Sorry for making you guys feel old as tale but i still dont understand how VHS works, like? :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

Haha imagine Gen Z asking about DVD's and you'll get it. :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

Basically it was a big tape that you would put into a VCR (which was a machine used solely for watching VHS tapes). You could rewind, fast-forward, rewind, and.... that was about it.

On another note, my 12-year-old self thought I was so cool that I had the Live and More DVD rather than the VHS! I must have broken my DVD player with how many times I watched that concert from start to finish.

Oh, and Femme Fatale was cool too :ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words:

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, britneyluv said:

Haha imagine Gen Z asking about DVD's and you'll get it. :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

You mean Gen X right? Since DVDs were still part of a Gen Zs childhood, including mine as a GenZer :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory:

3 minutes ago, britneyluv said:

Basically it was a big tape that you would put into a VCR (which was a machine used solely for watching VHS tapes). You could rewind, fast-forward, rewind, and.... that was about it.

On another note, my 12-year-old self thought I was so cool that I had the Live and More DVD rather than the VHS! I must have broken my DVD player with how many times I watched that concert from start to finish.

Wowww....did the machine (VCR) like...i have a screen to see the VHS video or you had to connect the VHR to some monitor or TV to see the video? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Sorry for making you guys feel old as tale but i still dont understand how VHS works, like? :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

It was terrible, i mean you could always record some stuff from tv easily with a free-vhs-tape, but the  quality sucked, like you get kinda something like this: 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

You mean Gen X right? Since DVDs were still part of a Gen Zs childhood, including mine as a GenZer :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory:

Wowww....did the machine (VCR) like...i have a screen to see the VHS video or you had to connect the VHR to some monitor or TV to see the video? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

With a tv :wink_britney_everytime_white:

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

It was terrible, i mean you could always record some stuff from tv easily with a free-vhs-tape, but the  quality sucked, like you get kinda something like this: 

Woah this must be nostalgic for you guys, but wow that bad quality looks like something we arent familiar with in the days of YouTube, high-quality cameras or so :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide: