Sia snaps at autistic actor who questioned why no autistic people were included in her new film

I know that obviously it’s not the first time something like this has happened.

However I don’t think that this user was at all disrespectful? They asked really valid questions. I like Sia a lot, and have before this diamonds and this is acting fame came along. I loved her stuff with Zero 7, huge fan........

but really LOL? You’re making a film about people with autism and cannot answer whether autistic people will be featured or if any of the proceeds will go towards an organization to assist people with autism? 
why are you being a b**tcch, Sia? LOL. don’t tell a story about autistic people if you’re just doing it for the aesthetic. It is dumb of her and honestly, I couldn’t care less about her loyalty to the dance mom girl. She’s an adult and can get her own roles now lol

• Love 2
  • Like 6

Actors are just doing that, ACTING. I don't think anyone should feel the pressure to include ANYONE in their creative output unless they wanted to. Otherwise should you be forced to hire a crappy actor if that was the case, if this person was the only one trying out for a role? I don't think so. Was Sia blunt about it? Yes. Had the other person probably written several stuff before Sia replied: Probably. 

• Like 6

Good for her. Being autistic doesn't mean that you get everything you want; if the actor in question wasn't chosen to be part of the movie, then clearly their acting wasn't very good. Sia suggesting this doesn't seem like an "ableist" thing to me; she's simply not taking any **** from an entitled person.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Good for her. Being autistic doesn't mean that you get anything you want; if the actor in question wasn't chosen to be part of the movie, then clearly their acting wasn't very good. Sia suggesting this doesn't seem like an "ableist" thing to me; she's simply not taking any **** from an entitled person.

Exactly! Sia might have been too rash and blunt, but everyone is so entitled these days. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

• Love 2
  • Like 2
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, sugarspiceandnice said:

I know that obviously it’s not the first time something like this has happened.

However I don’t think that this user was at all disrespectful? They asked really valid questions. I like Sia a lot, and have before this diamonds and this is acting fame came along. I loved her stuff with Zero 7, huge fan........

but really LOL? You’re making a film about people with autism and cannot answer whether autistic people will be featured or if any of the proceeds will go towards an organization to assist people with autism? 
why are you being a b**tcch, Sia? LOL. don’t tell a story about autistic people if you’re just doing it for the aesthetic. It is dumb of her and honestly, I couldn’t care less about her loyalty to the dance mom girl. She’s an adult and can get her own roles now lol

this looks like a lock for Razzies. There’s a reason why this film was made years ago and only released now - because it’s bad. I don’t know about Maddie’s acting in other films, but her performance looks like a parody.

Autistic people aren’t entitled to be given a job, but how can anyone watch this trailer and still think she has done even research to make a movie about it?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block