Lawyers for Britney shares court docs and says Britney really doesnt manage her social media accounts

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/20/2020 at 7:32 PM, Bundy said:

But is he a doctor? Why wasnt a doctor there to see if she was mentally capable to hire her own lawyer or not? Of course he would say that bc he wanted to be part of the whole cship scheme so he would get big bucks of it too. The whole timeline of what happened since she was put under the cship is hella sus. 

Agree 100% that the timeline is hella sus.

However...

At the time, anyone with a television and a brain could see that Britney was unravelling.

Keep in mind, what was being pitched at that moment WASN'T a permanent conservatorship. It was a temporary conservatorship.

I was SO relieved when the temporary conservatorship was put in place. In that moment, it felt like the right thing to do.

Nobody knew that it would grow into a permanent conservatorship. That came as a surprise to everyone.

16 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Agree 100% that the timeline is hella sus.

However...

At the time, anyone with a television and a brain could see that Britney was unravelling.

Keep in mind, what was being pitched at that moment WASN'T a permanent conservatorship. It was a temporary conservatorship.

I was SO relieved when the temporary conservatorship was put in place. In that moment, it felt like the right thing to do.

Nobody knew that it would grow into a permanent conservatorship. That came as a surprise to everyone.

I was worried about her, ngl, of course she wasnt ok and needed help, however I dont think that was the help she needed. She needed to do therapy, to move away from the spotlight. I always thought the cship weird, even more bc I never heard of that before, but at the time I wasnt that worried bc I thought itd be gone in some months or so. I didnt know Jamie was that awful, I even thought Lynne was a good mother lol even that her words about being in a situation worse than prison always called my attention, even back then.

But it was always weird how she became so controlled and was working right away. So they showed their intentions were never good and they were thinking more about the money since the beginning. 

The thing is... Many other celebs have done some ****, but none of them were a woman or/and as famous as Britney. Yes, she wasnt well, but media/gp make such a big deal out of so many things. When she shaved her head... People were acting as if she was killing kids in public or smt. As if it was a crime and a fact that she was 100% crazy.

If their intentions were good, there were other options that she wouldnt lose her rights, they wouldnt have make her work right away and they would have kept her out of the public eye. 

4 minutes ago, Bundy said:

I was worried about her, ngl, of course she wasnt ok and needed help, however I dont think that was the help she needed. She needed to do therapy, to move away from the spotlight. I always thought the cship weird, even more bc I never heard of that before, but at the time I wasnt that worried bc I thought itd be gone in some months or so. I didnt know Jamie was that awful, I when thought Lynne was a good mother lol even so her words about being in a situation worse than prison always called my attention, even back then.

But it was always weird how she became so controlled and was working right away. So they showed their intentions were never good and they were thinking more about the money since the beginning. 

The thing is... Many other celebs have done some ****, but none of them were a woman or/and as famous as Britney. Yes, she wasnt well, but media/gp make such a big deal out of so many things. When she shaved her head... People were acting as if she was killing kids in public or smt. As if it was a crime and a fact that she was 100% crazy.

If their intentions were good, there were other options that she wouldnt lose her rights, they wouldnt have make her work right away and they would have kept her out of the public eye. 

I totally get where you're coming from. However, I think it's almost undisputed that something really horrible would have happened to Britney if the conservatorship wasn't put into place. Look at any paparazzi video from about November 2007 - January 2008 and it's heartbreaking. There was literally nobody around her who cared about her wellbeing, even just to keep her alive for the checks to keep rolling in. I don't think therapy and moving away from the spotlight would have worked because she never would have gone for it.

I do think it was weird that she was working right away. Maybe it was a combination of her handlers wanting to show the public that she was fine and also Britney wanting to prove all the haters wrong and get back to performing. However, as time went on, it clearly became all about the money.

It's also important to remember that she wasn't forced into the conservatorship after the head shaving. Instead, she went to rehab and seemed to be doing well for a few months before she went off the rails again and the conservatorship wasn't established until almost a year after. Clearly there was way more going on with her than just shaving her head and she was drowning without a lifeline. 

I totally agree with your last paragraph though. If their intentions were truly good, which I think they were in the beginning and then got twisted along the way, they would have gradually eased the restrictions in order to give her the most freedom possible while still keeping her safe. Instead, her violent and alcoholic father reverted back into the monster that terrorized Britney from a young age and I think the best thing about the #freebritney movement is that it made Britney realize that she had other options aside from being under Jamie's thumb indefinitely. 

2 hours ago, britneymegamix said:

That's not surprising at all. Now the big question: why, then, they are  trying to make her look like she's "rebelling" by not posting anything about the upcoming single Swimming in the Stars?  

Because they are not dumb, they know every comment would be "FreeBritney" and they want actually distract us from that. 

They did it in the past with recordingsessions (Britney doesn't sing her own songs? Let's bring the Toxic recordingsession out) or demos. 

7 hours ago, Bundy said:

I was worried about her, ngl, of course she wasnt ok and needed help, however I dont think that was the help she needed. She needed to do therapy, to move away from the spotlight. I always thought the cship weird, even more bc I never heard of that before, but at the time I wasnt that worried bc I thought itd be gone in some months or so. I didnt know Jamie was that awful, I when thought Lynne was a good mother lol even so her words about being in a situation worse than prison always called my attention, even back then.

I thought that was what the temporary conservatorship was going to force her to do -- therapy and move away from the spotlight.

I saw it as a way to separate her Lutfi, and in that respect it was a good thing.

At the time, Lutfi was trying to get her to enter into a contract to become her manager. He was an absolute amateur, at the very least. At worst he was financially preying on her. She could have lost millions, her dignity (worse than she'd already lost it) and even her life.

Pushing her back to work could be justified as "keeping her busy." They floated that theory in FTR, and the public bought it.

Even Ingham seemed to buy it.

And she did appear to thrive under the temporary conservatorship...But I believe they'd promised her it would all be over following the Circus tour. 

They lied.

Archived