Swimming With the Stars release explained (who and why)

Easy There

2 minutes ago, Easy There said:

It showed them despite everything she still has  a chance for some success with proper push. And that's the main point.

I don't really agree that it proved anything actually, especially in the current climate of streaming amongst the younger demographic. But we shall see.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who are 'they'? Did this page reach out to RCA? The tweets say streaming isn't confirmed for 27th... but then talks about supporting? Confused ha!

I totally understand peoples stance to boycott, with everything going on right now. However- the 'profit' potential from this cutting-room floor release will legit be next to noting. So I'll personally be getting involved in the streaming parties etc & i'm excited to hear some 'new' Britney. 

You can still be a passionate #FreeBritney advocate... and still have a love for her art. Her music. Afterall... it's her music that brings us all together at the end of the day. :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

Take 'lining Jamie's pockets' out of it (as it's very unlikely this will be the case)- this is just a harmless, random release to give SOMETHING to the fans. Of course it's a cash-grab from the record label. But.... real talk... they are a business & do not have any involvement in her personal life right now. It's about standing contracts, releases & making money.

I feel we need to keep her relevant, so when she IS eventually free and excited to release actual NEW material and not 4 year old rejects... then RCA will know there's a still a big 'want' for her & to send it to radio etc. It all goes full-circle. 

Just an FYI-  you don't need to justify yourself if you choose to boycott. And you don't need to justify yourself if you choose to support. 

But I'm so hyped, I can't lie to y'al :beysip_sipping_drink_hoodie_starbucks_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_giggle_cackle_cackling_laughing_lmao:

Hell Yeah Reaction GIF

4 hours ago, Easy There said:

Not sure if AP but its interesting 

Thank you for your efforts! However this told us nothing new. We knew all of this. Common sense will also tell you these things. This is how business works. 

And refusing to buy the product in question is not going to “send them a message”. That is assuming 

#1, they care - they don’t.
#2. These business deals have been done years in advance, they are not checking the success of this song. Whatever is released has already been scheduled/planned by now. At this moment they are looking for what to release next year, not now.

There is no message to be sent, they don’t care what 40 people are going to do by “boycotting”. People will buy it and it will make no difference.

34 minutes ago, A.a.A said:

Thank you for your efforts! However this told us nothing new. We knew all of this. Common sense will also tell you these things. This is how business works. 

And refusing to buy the product in question is not going to “send them a message”. That is assuming 

#1, they care - they don’t.
#2. These business deals have been done years in advance, they are not checking the success of this song. Whatever is released has already been scheduled/planned by now. At this moment they are looking for what to release next year, not now.

There is no message to be sent, they don’t care what 40 people are going to do by “boycotting”. People will buy it and it will make no difference.

For me personally its not about sending any one a message. I think she made it extremely clear she doesn't want to work until he is gone. Thats it period. Its not about how much money and who its going to its about me respecting her wishes to not want to work until she has some control over her life. 

Boycott or dont boycott I just want to put it out there for some of us we legit don't care about the money just basic respect of someone's wishes. Either way no matter who profits it wasnt done with her consent. That's enough for me to not want to indulge. :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

31 minutes ago, Busybee said:

For me personally its not about sending any one a message. I think she made it extremely clear she doesn't want to work until he is gone. Thats it period. Its not about how much money and who its going to its about me respecting her wishes to not want to work until she has some control over her life. 

Boycott or dont boycott I just want to put it out there for some of us we legit don't care about the money just basic respect of someone's wishes. Either way no matter who profits it wasnt done with her consent. That's enough for me to not want to indulge. :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

Thank you. Like what's there to think. She is refusing to work until she gets her basic human rights back. Knowing some of these fans. They will support full blown era knowing all of this. Just so they can brag to other bases how she is still successful.

Gtfo with that bs lol

4 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

I don't even know which is more horrifying; her team milking her legacy with her or her label trying to milk her legacy without her :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

No one around her even cares about her as a person anymore. All they care is the money she's rakes in to everyone around her.

I totally agree smh

It's much worse. 

But to me that's the Music industry for you, you're not a human being but a money Makin machine. With Britney on a hiatus by her own choice. 

I see once she has that freedom from her father. 

RCA and Sony music entertainment would probably file a lawsuit in Britney herself for failing to do her end of the contractual agreement she signed to renew her contract. 

Actually, Mood Ring did quiet well. It charted at #2 on Billboard Digital Song Sales selling 12k which missed the No. 1 spot by fewer than 250 copies and boosted Glory on Spotify making it hit 300 million plays. All of this without radio deal or stream support. Since the release of Mood Ring, I'm kinda get horrified about her team starts using unreleaseds shoots like the Glory one and starts to release things like Swimming in the Stars. Britney has a lot of unreleaseds things that her team can be profit of while shes not working and this needs to stop.

Either way, this is a pure show of how corrupt the industry is and the abuse of power and money within it.

Look at Taylor Swift situation recently, this sort of thing has happened time and time again. Michael Jackson had record label issues, Mariah Carey, Kanye as mentioned above, JoJo had to re-record her first two albums like 14 years after or something because they wouldn't put her original recordings onto streaming platforms, similar to Taylor who is going to re-record her discography because someone else owns the rights and she can't own her OWN music!

The list goes on and on...

Just because it happens to a lot of artists, doesn't make it right.

And to add it is pretty tasteless regarding all of that VERY IMPORTANT AND SAD INFORMATION we received from the court case the day before. Tasteless from a record label that are very lucky to represent someone of her profile, stature and iconic status. Some of the wolves in the industry man... heartless.

But then, I'm not in the music industry. Maybe when they sign their contracts each time, there is a clause that says they have permission to do X,Y,Z you know?

WHO KNOWS at this point :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

I knew it. Everyone who thought this was Team B trying to get a dime out of Britney can suck it. It was so clearly the label from the beginning and I don't blame them. They signed an artist that isn't working (which is fine) so they're getting creative with releases. And the fans have been loving it. So this makes total sense. Has from day one. People on here are so annoying about the c-ship and "Team Britney".

Archived