This Day in Pop: 'Britney: The Videos' DVD is released in 2001 (November 20)

• 11 months later...

I remember I pushed my parents to buy me this DVD even we didnt have DVD player, so then we had to buy one haha

Child Smile GIF

Simply cause of VMA performace, cause the VHS I had it recorder like 10 times in repeat got broken

mtv britney GIF

They were lucky there was no Youtube back then, cause it would not sell otherwise haha

Β 

• Haha 1
On 11/21/2020 at 2:50 AM, jonloch1 said:

i remember getting this on VHS in 2001 and tbh feeling so disappointed. i remember it being only 30 minutes long including slave and overprotected music videos i think. i just remember as well a bitΒ  where all it was was Britney posing and dancing in front of a camera for 3 minutes

i wonder why they even made it. do you think .it was set out to be better but they gave up forΒ  some reason??

Her best DVD was definitely the In The Zone DVD. Thats a brilliant DVD of the ABC special, making of toxic video, an full interview with her about ITZ.

In the zone, my prerogative Β and live and more are her best DVDs:rihannayas_weave_pull_cocky_smirk_proud:

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Doja Kitten said:

In the zone, my prerogative Β and live and more are her best DVDs:rihannayas_weave_pull_cocky_smirk_proud:

aw i watched Live and More earlier this year for the first time in many years and its amazing. but it made me a bit sad because she was so young and carefree and was loving what she was doing and i felt like i wasΒ  watching a completely different person

• Love 2
12 hours ago, FreeBritBrit said:

Anticipating is still a cute, bubbly bop

Β 

:shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

I think it was originally planned as the lead single of Britney. They tried to make it into something like All For You by Janet. I love both but imo Slave is a much stronger lead single. Its cultural impact is incomparable.

1 hour ago, Accelerate said:

spacer.png

Ok so one is massively depressed and overly medicated to the point of almost death by her team while the other is fully botoxed and photoshopped to death to alter the top of their now plumped lip shape that was previously not there. Absolutely no shade to Christina, because she is gorgeous and can own her body as she pleases….Β but you’re genuinely comparing very different times in their lives. And it’s dumb because Christina genuinely never actually looked like that even during the Liberation era which is when it was takenΒ