Madison Beer reacts to being called a "wannabe Ariana Grande"

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Madison Beer showered Ariana Grande with praise when reacting to being called a "wannabe Ariana Grande" on the Internet. 

“I don’t think we’re to be compared, I think we’re our own people… She’s definitely inspired me because she’s one of my idols, I love her so much… If she does something that inspires, I think that’s her goal.”

"I've openly supported and loved and been a fan of Ariana's for years and years and years," Madison began. "I think she would say, and I would say, that I think she makes things and does things to inspire and that's what an artist is all about."

"I think that it's a little sad and hurtful when I see so many people like, really bullying and harassing me in a lot of ways and like, taking away the legitness of anything I do," she added. "I just don’t think we're to be compared and I think that we're our own people."

"She's definitely inspired me because she's one of my idols," she explained. "I love her so much, and so it makes me sad when I see people pitting us against each other when it's nothing but love."

"I adore her and think that she's a ******* icon," she went on. "It's just kinda mean, and I'm my own person, and if she does something that inspires, I think that's her goal. That's what she's always said she's all about, so I don't know why there would ever be a problem with her positively impacting me or anyone else."

"I think people should just stop comparing women and let them all do their thing on their own," Madison concluded. "They don't need to all be grouped in together."

Thoughts, Exhale? Does Madison Beer remind you of Ariana? Stream "Dead" for clear skin.

mad-ari.jpg.c5baa58805871637c341f3de251b7ca9.jpg

It's a bit absurd how all these new little starlets are all indistinguishable and interchangable from each other, they're literal clones. in the age of social media anyone can become famous so you end up with people who have nothing special except being "relatable". Most of them look dead inside. They're just pretty humanoids. Today there are young influencers who have more followers than someone with a 30-year old career, yet nobody would recognize them in the street . Our perception is totally distorted by numbers.  

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, NotLouTaylor said:

It's a bit absurd how all these new little starlets are all indistinguishable and interchangable from each other, they're literal clones. in the age of social media anyone can become famous so you end up with people who have nothing special except being "relatable". Most of them look dead inside. They're just pretty humanoids. Today there are young influencers who have more followers than someone with a 30-year career, yet nobody would recognize them in the street . Our perception is totally distorted by numbers.  

Success is like a cake, if more people are allowed to have a slice the slice become thinner and thinner. At the end of the day social media success is just an illusion :smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow:

• Love 4
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, NotLouTaylor said:

It's a bit absurd how all these new little starlets are all indistinguishable and interchangable from each other, they're literal clones. in the age of social media anyone can become famous so you end up with people who have nothing special except being "relatable". Most of them look dead inside. They're just pretty humanoids. Today there are young influencers who have more followers than someone with a 30-year old career, yet nobody would recognize them in the street . Our perception is totally distorted by numbers.  

Agreed but this is normal. From 1999-2003 we all saw the Britney clones from the popular ones to lesser known ones to media to movies. and Reg girls trynna look like them in Abercrombie lol

• Love 2
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, NotLouTaylor said:

Thank the Kardashians for this loo

• Like 1
5 hours ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

Success is like a cake, if more people are allowed to have a slice the slice become thinner and thinner. At the end of the day social media success is just an illusion :smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow:

Perfecto use if that emote tbh :smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow:

That is true tho, when people say that success is a cake and everyone can have a piece of it I'm like how big is this effin cake

Btw I've seen her ema's performance and I've notice she tries to do that whispering rnb Marya thing that ariana is doing, and she even use her "yuh". Like gurl

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Madison Beer showered Ariana Grande with praise when reacting to being called a "wannabe Ariana Grande" on the Internet. 

“I don’t think we’re to be compared, I think we’re our own people… She’s definitely inspired me because she’s one of my idols, I love her so much… If she does something that inspires, I think that’s her goal.”

"I've openly supported and loved and been a fan of Ariana's for years and years and years," Madison began. "I think she would say, and I would say, that I think she makes things and does things to inspire and that's what an artist is all about."

"I think that it's a little sad and hurtful when I see so many people like, really bullying and harassing me in a lot of ways and like, taking away the legitness of anything I do," she added. "I just don’t think we're to be compared and I think that we're our own people."

"She's definitely inspired me because she's one of my idols," she explained. "I love her so much, and so it makes me sad when I see people pitting us against each other when it's nothing but love."

"I adore her and think that she's a ******* icon," she went on. "It's just kinda mean, and I'm my own person, and if she does something that inspires, I think that's her goal. That's what she's always said she's all about, so I don't know why there would ever be a problem with her positively impacting me or anyone else."

"I think people should just stop comparing women and let them all do their thing on their own," Madison concluded. "They don't need to all be grouped in together."

Thoughts, Exhale? Does Madison Beer remind you of Ariana? Stream "Dead" for clear skin.

mad-ari.jpg.c5baa58805871637c341f3de251b7ca9.jpg

Sorry not sorry...

She shouldn't be bullied obviously but her circle should tell her that she can be more successful if she's original..her image really does look like it's copying ariana grande while ariana grande is doing it. Jessica Simpson, Willa Ford and so many others did the same with Britney's image in 1999-2004 and they were barely successful and also seen as copying her. Madison Beer, learn! You got this!!!

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block