Little Mix members reportedly exploring solo careers

Jordan Miller

• Leader

lm.jpg.c8eb7e388c7941e7a25884a98a491984.jpg

The girls of Little Mix are reportedly eyeing solo careers in light of band member Jesy taking an extended break due to private medical reasons. 

According to a new report from The Sun, once she feels better, she has plans to pursue a solo career. They add that Perrie and Jade are also looking at solo careers in music, while Leigh-Anne may embark on television. 

“The girls have been open and honest with each other, and with their current management team. They have started discussions with some prospective managers and agents about what their solo careers might look like. Some of the girls might end up taking on solo projects with their current management team too. But this isn’t about ending the band, it’s about looking to the future. They still have a tour scheduled to start in April next year, and even if that is delayed because of Covid, as is quite likely, they will still complete it. That will happen either with or without Jesy, who is taking some time out for as long as she feels she needs or wants to.”

The source continued:

“They’re talking about trying to emulate Take That, where each member has been able to drift out at times and work on their own projects, but come together at other times to tour and work as a group again. They love the band and all that they’ve achieved, and still get on very well as great friends. There is absolutely no fall-out between them and they’re all supportive of each other doing new things. It’s an exciting time.”

That's a bummer but I imagine they're probably all curious how they would do as solo acts. I was rooting for them to stay together. 

Thoughts, Exhale? :disappointed_thinking_oh_okay_glasses:

Related:

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, NastyT said:

They need to refer to the Spice Girls when making this decision. I do not see them having solo success. They are better off staying a group.

If X Factor didn't see them as a solo Artist, they need to realize as a group it's easier to have that success. 

It's rare girl groups have solo success..

Melanie C started off great so did Geri. 

But when you give artist's who are not used to creative freedom, they usually make a mistake that can't be avoided .

Geri was going rock and roll with Scream if you wanna go faster.

Melanie c was doing a ballads based album to follow up northern star. 

Many wonder if Melanie C did Follow up northern star with The Sea, would she be bigger. 

Also. Everybody has been here before. 

When one member leaves. 

The public goes away.

Steps, SPICE girls, S Club, when they all lost a member. 

The fans left in big numbers. 

• Like 1

The Sun isn’t reliable and I find it disgusting they post this a day after Jesy announces a break.

However, saying this the girls have said previously that they may do individual projects but would always come back together. I don’t see them going solo anytime soon with a tour scheduled next year and especially with their 10 year anniversary late next year. 

IDK what to think of this especially because of the source and due to how much the girls love each other and have said the idea of going solo scares them. The press have been posting for the past 9 years that they’ll split up but here they are nearly a decade later and still together - you can just see how close they are.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Slayer said:

The Sun isn’t reliable and I find it disgusting they post this a day after Jesy announces a break.

However, saying this the girls have said previously that they may do individual projects but would always come back together. I don’t see them going solo anytime soon with a tour scheduled next year and especially with their 10 year anniversary late next year. 

IDK what to think of this especially because of the source and due to how much the girls love each other and have said the idea of going solo scares them. The press have been posting for the past 9 years that they’ll split up but here they are nearly a decade together.

But we know the British press, it always starts with one member taking time off 

All the spice girls fans are sharing this clip saying Jesy is doing what Geri did. 

Now Granted they aren't doing a lot of TV Promo considering most of the shows Tops of the pops and such are a thing of the past. 

But everybody denies, PR gives a Spin..

The press makes their own stories and eventually the truth comes out. 

Like I said they rushed back to work before Jesy was ready. 

Obviously haters are gonna happen, nobody can really do anything. 

She just needs to find her inner FU Bish, attitude. 

15 minutes ago, Slayer said:

IDK what to think of this especially because of the source and due to how much the girls love each other and have said the idea of going solo scares them. The press have been posting for the past 9 years that they’ll split up but here they are nearly a decade together.

Will the tour be delay til Fall, I can't see it happening in Spring especially considering the second wave is expected to be bigger 

I don't really know what's happening with these girls, but isn't it kinda obvious? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Like, how much time will it take for this girl to fully heal, recover, rest, whatever she needs right now? It could take months, it could take years, and what are the other girls gonna do? Just patiently wait forever? Keep on without her? Eventually they may reunite in the future, but I think it's kind of inevitable that they'll start following their own path, even if it's not something they have planned yet. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Like 5

Funny they have always said they will never go solo. But I guess it may be time. I think Jade will shine the most. She has vocals, aligns herself with the gays and activism, and they all say shes the best dancer. 

If Perrie does ballads with crazy vocals that could separate her from a lot of current solo pop girls. Her voice is next level. 

And I can see Leigh-Anne in TV. She has a good voice but she's always been the weakest vocally in the group. 

I don't want them to ever split up, especially because they are magic together and have really found their groove. They are easily the best vocal group of the last few years. It would be a disservice for them to not grace younger kids of experiencing a vocal powerhouse ( like i had with Destinys Child when i was a kid).

Almost all bands have an expiration date from their inception, especially pop bands, because they are exploited till they are dry. These are four different individuals working together non-stop for almost ten years, of course at least one of them will some day eventually NOT be on the same page. They are not robots. And Jesy's mental issues are no joke, and it's not like her job as a popstar on the spotlight helps her solve the situation, so she never really took the time and personal space needed to heal, so I'm not surprised by her taking time off. And of course the rest of the girls will keep working duh. I'm just happy to know that they remain friends and supporting each other throughout everything, because nobody needs another Fifth Harmony mess, that was whack.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Almost all bands have an expiration date from their inception, especially pop bands, because they are exploited till they are dry. These are four different individuals working together non-stop for almost ten years, of course at least one of them will some day eventually NOT be on the same page. They are not robots. And Jesy's mental issues are no joke, and it's not like her job as a popstar on the spotlight helps her solve the situation, so she never really took the time and personal space needed to heal, so I'm not surprised by her taking time off. And of course the rest of the girls will keep working duh. I'm just happy to know that they remain friends and supporting each other throughout everything, because nobody needs another Fifth Harmony mess, that was whack.

It's extremely rare for any X Factor or idol act to maintain success. 

The only american idol that still has a successful career in music is Carrie Underwood. 

I love Kelly Clarkson,  but I saw it when she called out Clive Davis, I was like oh, Girl, he can be problematic, But he knows the industry better than anybody. 

When he said, he couldn't find the hit song in My December, he was telling the truth. 

That really was the one time she tried to be a serious artist and it backfired. 

Music industry knows what the people want. 

They wanted another breakaway. They got It in All I ever wanted but the damage was done. 

As for groups. That's another thing called Manufactured. 

In some cases TLC, Little Mix and The Spice girls create a bond thats unbreakable. 

TLC knows Lisa in unreplaceable. 

Spice girls never Replaced Geri.

Relationships heal and Mend. 

Plus Glory Days sold 1.15 Million in the UK. 

LM5 has stalled around 250K in the UK..

So, the public is ever getting tired as well.

They should take a little break and come back when the public wants them.

To go from a million seller In the UK which is rare for a girl group today. 

To 250K. That's almost close to an 80% decrease in sales. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Just when I started to stan them... :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:
Indeed, we know groups don't last forever. They might be the best friends but they are coming at an age they have different lives, priorities, tastes...
Also we all know the Sun is not always reliable :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Let's see, and let's give the girls some rest, especially Jesy who's not in a good place right now.

Careers are not meant to last forever, especially groups ones. Sooner or later the moment would have come, and I'm glad they're probably doing it gradually because they love the group and they're aware of the disappointed fans. Anyway, I hope they will all be happy in the end, that's the most important thing. And if they manage to perform together every now and then, we'll be nostalgically happy.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block