Jesy Nelson announces she's leaving Little Mix

Slayer

16 minutes ago, NastyT said:

I’m new to Little Mix fandom. I love them so much, but Jesy is by far my favorite! I have recently been watching video after video of her and her struggles. Jesy is a sweet, gentle soul, much like Britney. And Jade takes care of her like a sister but all of the girls support her. She will be ok and I am glad she is putting her mental health first. 

14 minutes ago, Paolo94 said:

Lately I had a feeling something heavy was behind her absence, but we still don't know.

I also got into her troubles with body image and bullying, it's a very sad story. The whole physical aspect seems to be the only thing that matters to her, and I can't judge her because I can't even imagine what she's been through.

She's a sweet but fragile person and I hope she'll manage to find her strenght and happiness, whether with LM or not. I'm rooting for her :wink_britney_everytime_white:

I think she'll be back stronger than ever :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

She's been through SO much and has struggled so much with her body image.

The girls love each other so much, i'm sure they are supporting her behind the scenes.

I'm sure Jesy will come back at some point and she loves performing, she regularly posts stories randomly on instagram saying how much she loves her fans and that she can't wait to perform for them again, the last time she did it was about a month ago. I think she loves the performing aspect but hates the promotion/social media aspect of it as that is the part that gives her major anxiety/depression!

I just want her to be happy :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

I just watched this and got emotional, she's come so far, she can get past this :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I think she loves the performing aspect but hates the promotion/social media aspect of it as that is the part that gives her major anxiety/depression!

Yeah I got that too! In the last promotional videos and interviews she seemed a little disconnected, like she was bored or wanted to be somewhere else.

Gave me Britney vibes... :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

I just recently gotten in Little Mix' music (they are such an underrated girl group and it sucks US doesn't give them recognition they deserve, they could be HUGE here if RCA promoted them properly) and it pains be to see Jesy going through this. She's not overweight at all and this coming from a GUY! Whoever bullies her is simply just jealous from the way I see it. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Charrrmed89 said:

I just recently gotten in Little Mix' music (they are such an underrated girl group and it sucks US doesn't give them recognition they deserve, they could be HUGE here if RCA promoted them properly) and it pains be to see Jesy going through this. She's not overweight at all and this coming from a GUY! Whoever bullies her is simply just jealous from the way I see it. 

Jesy is NOT fat and it angers me that so many people even today still refer her to as 'the fat one' or 'the chubby one' in Little Mix. I literally saw a tweet today calling her fat! And the Daily Mail comments on Jesy articles are always so negative. It's no wonder she made that documentary. As someone who was bullied for my weight when I was younger (and as a size 14-16 woman, I still struggle) I totally resonate. 

Edited by Isla
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Charrrmed89 said:

They are so underrated in the US it is insane, they are amazing vocalists, great dancers, song writers, look amazing - they are the full package!

Honestly, the hate Jesy has got since 2011 has been the worst I have literally ever seen - i'm not even exaggerating. It's insane how cruel people are to her. She's literally stunning and even back then she was not 'fat' and still beautiful!

18 minutes ago, Isla said:

I hope she's okay. I know she's struggled with her mental health in the past. I wish her well and hope she comes back to the group when she feels ready to.

16 minutes ago, Isla said:

Jesy is NOT fat and it angers me that so many people even today still refer her to as 'the fat one' or 'the chubby one' in Little Mix. I literally saw a tweet today calling her fat! And the Daily Mail comments on Jesy articles are always so negative. It's no wonder she made that documentary. As someone who was bullied for my weight when I was younger (and as a size 14-16 woman, I still struggle) I totally resonate. 

I hope she's okay too, it's horrible she's going through this (and many others out there) :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

She can get through this, I can see her taking a break until maybe early 2021 as Christmas is soon and the girls usually take a break in December.

I couldn't agree more, the press and people in general ALWAYS pick on Jesy. They are never as harsh on any of the other girls, always Jesy. She looks absolutely incredible and I always thought she was beautiful back then too! I hope she realises how amazing she is :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

I'm also sorry you got bullied, you're amazing and full of positivity on this forum :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 1

I'm not a Little mix fan, just got into Sweet melody lol I remember her from the X factor show, she had something very special, charisma, voice and she was so beautiful! She was def my girl crush :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot: I just found out about her doc and OMG! People can be so cruel wow... she is so beautiful, I can't even stop looking at her in Sweet melody video!

tenor.gif?itemid=8070319

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Slayer said:

They are so underrated in the US it is insane, they are amazing vocalists, great dancers, song writers, look amazing - they are the full package!

Honestly, the hate Jesy has got since 2011 has been the worst I have literally ever seen - i'm not even exaggerating. It's insane how cruel people are to her. She's literally stunning and even back then she was not 'fat' and still beautiful!

I hope she's okay too, it's horrible she's going through this (and many others out there) :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

She can get through this, I can see her taking a break until maybe early 2021 as Christmas is soon and the girls usually take a break in December.

I couldn't agree more, the press and people in general ALWAYS pick on Jesy. They are never as harsh on any of the other girls, always Jesy. She looks absolutely incredible and I always thought she was beautiful back then too! I hope she realises how amazing she is :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

I'm also sorry you got bullied, you're amazing and full of positivity on this forum :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

Aww thank you! Honestly it doesn't bother me as I am now 24 (it was my birthday today hahah) but when I was in secondary school, so many people gave me a lot of **** and it really hurt me. But I can't speak for everyone else as some people my age might still be affected by these type of comments. I'm trying to lose weight but it's so difficult especially when most of my favourite foods are fast foods dd. And yeah I agree, some media outlets would single out Jesy and post unflattering pictures of her simply because she might not be as skinner as the other three Little Mix girls. Jesy has a great figure and is a beautiful woman! She has loads of fans rooting for her and I truly hope she will feel better and can come back to the group when she is able to. But right now, her health is more important and I hope she focuses on feeling better. 

Edited by Isla
  • Love 1

The group works so well with all 4 of the girls. Jesy brings **** hard energy on the stage and really brings the fun in. I love watching old video’s of her. She is so funny when she was drunk and embarrassing the girls. It’s a good time to have a rest now. I don’t believe at all she wants to leave the band. She loves the girls and I do believe she does love her job. 
There have been signs of struggle with Jesy this last year and good on her for stopping now and taking time off. I hope she recovers and picks herself up. 
2021 will be a great year for them I’m sure :praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

• Love 1

I remember watching the live shows of the X factor back when they won and it was very apparent, that she took the public criticism badly, I don't think she has fully recovered from that.

People are absolutely vile, it literally makes me sick when I see some of the things that people say.

She has such a huge following and loads of people who admire her, but like all things you can have 99% of people say positive things and you will always focus on the 1%.

I hope she has the right support and I hope this hiatus will do her good. I think people will want them to come back and be a strong, powerful girl group.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Isla said:

Aww thank you! Honestly it doesn't bother me as I am now 24 (it was my birthday today hahah) but when I was in secondary school, so many people gave me a lot of **** and it really hurt me. But I can't speak for everyone else as some people my age might still be affected by these type of comments. I'm trying to lose weight but it's so difficult especially when most of my favourite foods are fast foods dd. And yeah I agree, some media outlets would single out Jesy and post unflattering pictures of her simply because she might not be as skinner as the other three Little Mix girls. Jesy has a great figure and is a beautiful woman! She has loads of fans rooting for her and I truly hope she will feel better and can come back to the group when she is able to. But right now, her health is more important and I hope she focuses on feeling better. 

Aww i'm so happy it doesn't bother you now! People can truly be so cruel, it just shows a reflection of themselves and their own insecurities!

OMG Happy Birthday :bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance: I hope you've had a great day :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

A fellow November baby/Scorpio, it's my birthday in 2 days :wink_britney_everytime_white:

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Forever22 said:

The group works so well with all 4 of the girls. Jesy brings **** hard energy on the stage and really brings the fun in. I love watching old video’s of her. She is so funny when she was drunk and embarrassing the girls. It’s a good time to have a rest now. I don’t believe at all she wants to leave the band. She loves the girls and I do believe she does love her job. 
There have been signs of struggle with Jesy this last year and good on her for stopping now and taking time off. I hope she recovers and picks herself up. 
2021 will be a great year for them I’m sure :praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

Little Mix needs all four girls to be Little Mix, it wouldn't be the same if there was just the three of them :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

There's no girl group like them that have such a close friendship and genuine love for eachother.

OMG Yes, Jesy brings so much sass and fun! Her energy is absolutely insane, i'm ALWAYS drawn to her in performance - a true star.

I don't believe she'd permanently leave either! She loves performing too much to leave, I think she'll back in early 2021! Unless she only wants to come back for their tour. It is their 10 year anniversary towards the end of the year next year too!

Yes I agree, it's good she's taking this time and us fans are completely fine with it because we know what she's been through and mental health is so important! Sending her lots of love :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

9 minutes ago, davidspears said:

I remember watching the live shows of the X factor back when they won and it was very apparent, that she took the public criticism badly, I don't think she has fully recovered from that.

People are absolutely vile, it literally makes me sick when I see some of the things that people say.

She has such a huge following and loads of people who admire her, but like all things you can have 99% of people say positive things and you will always focus on the 1%.

I hope she has the right support and I hope this hiatus will do her good. I think people will want them to come back and be a strong, powerful girl group.

I still can't get over how horrible people were to her and still are, she's literally such a sweet person. She was so pretty and wasn't even 'big'. 

I have seen A LOT more positivity towards her since her documentary, so I think it has hopefully impacted some people and made them change their ways. Unfortunately there are still horrible people out there.

I couldn't agree more about people always focusing on the negatives, even if the positives outweigh them. Especially when you're insecure yourself you look for those negatives or cling onto them.

She's strong, she's got through this before and will do the same again:kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

Little Mix are such a strong group, I hope Jesy returns when she's ready and up for it. I know the girls will be supporting her.

26 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Aww i'm so happy it doesn't bother you now! People can truly be so cruel, it just shows a reflection of themselves and their own insecurities!

OMG Happy Birthday :bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance: I hope you've had a great day :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

A fellow November baby/Scorpio, it's my birthday in 2 days :wink_britney_everytime_white:

Thank you!! It was a great day, unfortunately couldn't go out because of the lockdown but caught up with friends over Zoom and now I'm kinda drunk :orangu_orangutan_ape: and yess Scoprio buddy!!! :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

Edited by Isla
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, davidspears said:

There is no way they would continue as a three piece without her, out of principle.

As horrible as it sounds as well, it will be a good strategic plan for their next album as it will be more like a 'comeback'.

Yeah I definitely do not see them doing another album as three, they've always said if one of them permanently leaves they wouldn't continue.

I think they will keep continue the promo for the next month as a three as they have some stuff lined up this week.

I think Jesy will be back at the start of 2021, however if not I can imagine her coming back for just the Confetti Tour in April/May 2021 - if it still happens!

It's their 10 year anniversary towards the end of next year so i'm sure they'll do something for that as a four and if Jesy still feels like she needs a break they could announce that as their 'final' or start of a 'hiatus'. However saying this I do see Jesy back in early 2021 and them re-releasing Confetti with a few new tracks to celebrate their 10 year anniversary.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block