Scooter Braun sold Taylor Swift's masters, Taylor responds

I doubt any 14 year old has lawyers. 

She signed her album deal at 14. 

She had no idea how the music industry is, nobody gets lawyers and such. Cos most can't afford them. 

Usually the label hires lawyers for artists, but I learned from Michael Jackson and Other artists. 

The label the lawyer hires is a double Edge sword as they also represent the label.

If you were to sue the label, the lawyer you thought represented actually goes to represent the label. 

The Music industry is just shady. 

They sign vulnerable artists wanting to chase dreams, but want nobody to have legal representation cos that's when the lie gets out that they are giving you the short end. 

Do, I doubt a 14 year old would have representation at all. 

She was younger than Britney when she signed her recording deal. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I doubt any 14 year old has lawyers. 

She signed her album deal at 14. 

She had no idea how the music industry is, nobody gets lawyers and such. Cos most can't afford them. 

Usually the label hires lawyers for artists, but I learned from Michael Jackson and Other artists. 

The label the lawyer hires is a double Edge sword as they also represent the label.

If you were to sue the label, the lawyer you thought represented actually goes to represent the label. 

The Music industry is just shady. 

They sign vulnerable artists wanting to chase dreams, but want nobody to have legal representation cos that's when the lie gets out that they are giving you the short end. 

Do, I doubt a 14 year old would have representation at all. 

She was younger than Britney when she signed her recording deal. 

Wasn't her family very wealthy before she was famous? I've heard that they essentially bought her career. To be fair, it sounds like they could have easily afforded lawyers of their own.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Update:

Taylor Swift confirms she started re-recording her new music in light of news that Scooter Braun sold masters without her knowledge or consent once more.

Braun, who previously bought Swift's masters for $300 million, sold them to a new company named Shamrock. 

According to a new letter from Swift (below), Swift was not made aware of the transaction until after the fact. Because Scooter will still profit from the new deal, she in good conscience can't collaborate with Shamrock to promote her past works. 

Instead, she'll focus on the task at hand: re-record her past works (with new touches), thus devaluing her older work.

Thoughts? 

#taylorswift 

Em-uH-vXIAYiNPG?format=jpg&name=large

Em-uH-wW4AEQ-Tr?format=jpg&name=large

Earlier:

Hits Daily Double put out a blind item that clearly alludes to Scooter Braun and Taylor Swift.

Braun famously bought Swift's catalog out from under her for $300 million. In light of that, Swift declared she's re-recording all of her previous albums - she's officially eligible to re-record them as of this month. Read more about that here.

Well, it looks like Scooter knows he's about to lose out on a lot of millions, so he's rumored to be selling. Thing is, it's highly doubtful anyone's going to want to purchase it considering how much terrible press Scooter got, and the fact that she's re-recording everything.

Here is the not-so blind item:

She really won, didn't she. :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye: 

Thoughts, Exhale?

Related:

taylor-sco.jpg.d13a4fcc039e0ae23c3caae73471befb.jpg

My thoughts: I’m so tired.

5 hours ago, PickleSpears said:

A lot of things in business suck and people get upset but it doesn't sound like he did anything wrong or shady according to the information I've read. When you buy something and own it you don't have to sell it to someone just because they want it. If Taylor had funded the recording and promotion of those albums then it would be a different story but it was property of that music label which now apparently Scooter owns.

Part of the reason Taylor annoys me is because it seems like she's constantly having beef with someone and always trying to "call people out" and get the public to hate them just because she does. It comes off very immature. If it's warranted then I can get behind it but again, this particular situation just seems like a legit business arrangement that she's publicly crying about because she didn't get her way. 

EXACTLY!

She couldn't make a lawsuit out of it because it was completely legal. But after things don't go her way she gets her toxic fans involved to do all the threatening, because if she did she'd be sued.

What other artist sicks their fans on people? It's literally insane and ultimately childish and irresponsible. It's basically what Donald Trump does to rile up his followers.

It's not like she's actually hurting from any of this either, she's made her money, she's still making money, and she's about to re-record her music to undercut them and make even more money.

All I'm gonna say is there are obvious reasons why people like Rihanna flat out refuse to work with her (to the point where she had to be lied to, to even record This Is What You Came For).

She is a bully, period.

Just because she plays the victim doesn't make it true, but I'm not surprised that people fall for it.

What was the purpose to write Bad Blood about Katy after some dancers quit her tour?

What was the purpose of rounding up all these girls to star in that video other than to try and intimidate Katy? It's funny how a few of them no longer hold Taylor in high regard...

You wanna cry about your masters, but sue your fans every chance you get.

Sure Justin Bieber hasn't been the nicest to her, but didn't she start it when she was caught making disgusted faces at him after hugging Selena.

I genuinely felt bad about the Kanye VMA thing, but boy did she drag that out and try to play it to her advantage every single chance she got. She's made a career out of "poor me".

As a person, I will never understand what there is to like about Taylor Swift. She is not a nice girl at all and I'm tired of people pretending like she isn't literally the Regina George of music (and not in a good way).

• Love 3
4 hours ago, SS91 said:

Just read her letter. I like she was transparent and excited she’s already started re-recording. Also..scooter is smart to sell the masters because he knows when she re-records them, it’s over. The company that bought them is pretty stupid..

I got this idea. The other company may let Taylor to own her masters once she's done with re-recording. She would pay so much for re-recording alone, not to mention the toxicity of this situation. I just think this would be extremely savage move from Scooter (since he still somehow profits from the masters) and the other company. Like ultimate slap right into her face. 

1 hour ago, Britney'sBish said:

EXACTLY!

She couldn't make a lawsuit out of it because it was completely legal. But after things don't go her way she gets her toxic fans involved to do all the threatening, because if she did she'd be sued.

What other artist sicks their fans on people? It's literally insane and ultimately childish and irresponsible. It's basically what Donald Trump does to rile up his followers.

It's not like she's actually hurting from any of this either, she's made her money, she's still making money, and she's about to re-record her music to undercut them and make even more money.

All I'm gonna say is there are obvious reasons why people like Rihanna flat out refuse to work with her (to the point where she had to be lied to, to even record This Is What You Came For).

She is a bully, period.

Just because she plays the victim doesn't make it true, but I'm not surprised that people fall for it.

What was the purpose to write Bad Blood about Katy after some dancers quit her tour?

What was the purpose of rounding up all these girls to star in that video other than to try and intimidate Katy? It's funny how a few of them no longer hold Taylor in high regard...

Sure Justin Bieber hasn't been the nicest to her, but didn't she start it when she was caught making disgusted faces at him after hugging Selena.

I genuinely felt bad about the Kanye VMA thing, but boy did she drag that out and try to play it to her advantage every single chance she got. She's made a career out of "poor me".

As a person, I will never understand what there is to like about Taylor Swift. She is not a nice girl at all and I'm tired of people pretending like she isn't literally the Regina George of music (and not in a good way).

Her music was bought by someone who went out of their way to hurt her.

Kanye has been exposed for setting her up.

If you're still punishing her for the actions of mediocre men, check yourself.

3 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

EXACTLY!

She is a bully, period.

Exactly.  She did this same crap in the country music world, pretending to be bff with anyone hot in the game.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Acer said:

I doubt that re-recording material will ve good as original.

for me Taylor just can’t get the music buisness, nobody gives money and promote you for free...

Watch her owning the Billboard albums charts with her entire catalogue, this would be the best revenge.  

I would love to see some hidden messages, maybe backwords? With Taylor you will never know. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block