Scooter Braun sold Taylor Swift's masters, Taylor responds

• Leader

Update:

Taylor Swift confirms she started re-recording her new music in light of news that Scooter Braun sold masters without her knowledge or consent once more.

Braun, who previously bought Swift's masters for $300 million, sold them to a new company named Shamrock. 

According to a new letter from Swift (below), Swift was not made aware of the transaction until after the fact. Because Scooter will still profit from the new deal, she in good conscience can't collaborate with Shamrock to promote her past works. 

Instead, she'll focus on the task at hand: re-record her past works (with new touches), thus devaluing her older work.

Thoughts? 

#taylorswift 

Em-uH-vXIAYiNPG?format=jpg&name=large

Em-uH-wW4AEQ-Tr?format=jpg&name=large

Earlier:

Hits Daily Double put out a blind item that clearly alludes to Scooter Braun and Taylor Swift.

Braun famously bought Swift's catalog out from under her for $300 million. In light of that, Swift declared she's re-recording all of her previous albums - she's officially eligible to re-record them as of this month. Read more about that here.

Well, it looks like Scooter knows he's about to lose out on a lot of millions, so he's rumored to be selling. Thing is, it's highly doubtful anyone's going to want to purchase it considering how much terrible press Scooter got, and the fact that she's re-recording everything.

Here is the not-so blind item:

Rumors are swirling around an uber-manager supposedly brokering a deal to sell a superstar artist’s catalog for a whopping $300m. Who’s the artist? Who might the buyer be? How might such a deal, if consummated, affect the state of play in the ever-inflating copyright market? Expect the noise around this deal to be deafening. Stay tuned.

She really won, didn't she. :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye: 

Thoughts, Exhale?

Related:

taylor-sco.jpg.d13a4fcc039e0ae23c3caae73471befb.jpg

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

Shorthand what happened here? How did he buy her own catalog "out from under her"? That doesn't even seem possible.

Because she wasn't aware and wasn't given the option to buy her own masters. It was a done deal by the time Taylor was informed.

This caused outrage and Taylor openly shaded both Scott and Scooter. She even made public she wasn't allowed to perform her older songs on TV. She was set to perform at the AMA's in 2019. She called her fans and used her super stardom to "stalk" scott and scooter to let her allow to perform her older songs (anything pre-Lover) at the AMA's for which they gave in.

She was honoures as Artist of the ecade at the 2019 AMA's and eventually did perform a medley of older hits AFTER her fans went nuts on Scott and Scooter.

Taylor accused Scooter to be a bully, together with Justin Bieber. Both have bullied on her.

It was messy but Taylor will always win. Her fans, including me, have her back in this as ANY artist should have the chance to buy their own masters. 

• Love 3
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, FRANCISCO said:

What if she actually is the buyer?? 

Taylor would never spend 300mil. For something she can re-record that will cost less. As a smart business woman, she'd pay probably only half since she's got Scooter checkmate and he can't go anywhere with these masters. He literally sees his investment blowing up in smoke and I LOVE IT. KARMA.

• Like 3
  • Super Mods
30 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

Shorthand what happened here? How did he buy her own catalog "out from under her"? That doesn't even seem possible.

Because her label sold her masters to him, it was the biggest slap in the face for her as she wasn’t even informed. Scooter bought Big Machines which includes ownership of all the labels masters, like Taylor’s.

• Super Mods
3 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Taylor would never spend 300mil. For something she can re-record that will cost less. As a smart business woman, she'd pay probably only half since she's got Scooter checkmate and he can't go anywhere with these masters. He literally sees his investment blowing up in smoke and I LOVE IT. KARMA.

I’m sure she is willing to spend 300 mill just recreating the albums than to spend that same dough buying back the originals because the message is more important to her and she really wants to stick it to them for doing this in the first place. Britney and Taylor holding their ground...talk about Slay pop queens:neydedance_purple:

• Love 1

The way I screamed when I saw this. Serves him right. I hope he also gets out of Taylor’s old label because I’d like to see her old label suffer for accepting this awful deal. And I love how she continues to be super successful. Ah it’s a good day to be a swiftie. Karma 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block