Britney song(s) you used to like, but don't now

7 hours ago, sweetkiss said:

does anyone know how did that happen? was myah intended to be back vocal and then she was 'so good' (lol) that they decided that? like how can that happen?? why she didnt release her own album. is this legal? how? why? I still cant believe.

I think because it was only for Vegas, she didn't have time to finishing it. But what bothers me, that they didn't use even the recorded sessions at all. Britney recorded the Brightest Morning Star chorus, but they didn't use it. 

9 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

Alien. The concept is cool, the production is cool, the lyrics are cool. Too bad Britney's not the lead singer. :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell:

But she is! Except the "take me home" and "Not alone, not alone, not alone" part, let's change it to full Britney? :bwink_britney_pepsi_wink_black_and_white_bw_flirt:

There you have it, Britney only. 

56 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

I think because it was only for Vegas, she didn't have time to finishing it. But what bothers me, that they didn't use even the recorded sessions at all. Britney recorded the Brightest Morning Star chorus, but they didn't use it. 

shocking cause Its better than myah version (no disrespect)

1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Myah isn't the cause is this.

Britney had an urban album ready to go, but team b scrapped it as the urban sound, while being popular in early 2013, was dated by mid 2013 and EDM was becoming the trend. Will.i.am was made the EP in August 2013 as he had success with Britney with scream and shout, and was an edm producer. He wanted full creative control, meaning producers involved either quit (Dev Hynes and HitBoy, if I'm correct), were scrapped (Danja) or had songs destroyed (William Orbit).

Keep in mind, at this point, the promo schedule for a ready to go Album and Vegas was in place, and Britney had other commitments, eith rehearsals, photoshoots and being a mother. She clearly and rightfully refused to sacrifice personal time because as far as she was concerned, she did her job and craft but it wasnt respected so any further recording was bare minimum. 

At this point, myah had already signed NDAs and work contracts that meant she had to do the project. Will.i.ams team chose her vocals over working with Britneys.

How is it legal? Quite simply; language. In the album credits, they were very careful with what they said when attributing vocal credits. In Femme Fatale, britney is labelled as lead vocalist, and other voices are listed as backing vocals.

On Britney Jean, they replace the word "backing vocals" with "additional vocals". While it is a simple word change that at first glance means the same thing, legally speaking, it gave them free reign to make anyone other than britney the lead vocal position, while washing their hands of any consequences in regards to false advertising an album that doesnt feature the singer who is being advertised. 

All of this, with the culture of fear and control team b create in their professional workings makes for an album like BJ.

thanks for this

1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Myah isn't the cause is this.

Britney had an urban album ready to go, but team b scrapped it as the urban sound, while being popular in early 2013, was dated by mid 2013 and EDM was becoming the trend. Will.i.am was made the EP in August 2013 as he had success with Britney with scream and shout, and was an edm producer. He wanted full creative control, meaning producers involved either quit (Dev Hynes and HitBoy, if I'm correct), were scrapped (Danja) or had songs destroyed (William Orbit).

Keep in mind, at this point, the promo schedule for a ready to go Album and Vegas was in place, and Britney had other commitments, eith rehearsals, photoshoots and being a mother. She clearly and rightfully refused to sacrifice personal time because as far as she was concerned, she did her job and craft but it wasnt respected so any further recording was bare minimum. 

At this point, myah had already signed NDAs and work contracts that meant she had to do the project. Will.i.ams team chose her vocals over working with Britneys.

How is it legal? Quite simply; language. In the album credits, they were very careful with what they said when attributing vocal credits. In Femme Fatale, britney is labelled as lead vocalist, and other voices are listed as backing vocals.

On Britney Jean, they replace the word "backing vocals" with "additional vocals". While it is a simple word change that at first glance means the same thing, legally speaking, it gave them free reign to make anyone other than britney the lead vocal position, while washing their hands of any consequences in regards to false advertising an album that doesnt feature the singer who is being advertised. 

All of this, with the culture of fear and control team b create in their professional workings makes for an album like BJ.

I always brushed the situation off as bad vocal editing, but this theory makes a lot more sense. Especially with how Britney would’ve refused to do more work. Thanks for this!

With that said, I actually grew to like Britney Jean for what it was a few years later. It is by far her least appealing album, but it’s a pretty pleasant one to listen to, minus Chillin and Passenger. I truly cannot stand those ones. Britney’s takes in Passenger are GOD AWFUL. But I do like a fair share from the album. It Should Be Easy is one of my favorites which I know is disliked by a lot of the fanbase. I just think it’s fun and it’s one of the few songs that is clearly 100% her.

Femme Fatale was like my favorite album for years. It tied with Blackout in my trinity. I just thought it was perfect. As the years went on I just started to like it less and less. I think I finally gave up on it in 2016 after Glory came out. Pop music had taken such a different life by then and Femme Fatale sounded so cold, soulless, and boring. Britney also just sounds bored in the songs. I like Glory so much because you can tell she’s having fun in the songs, the little nuances like her little comments throughout If I’m Dancing, her giggles in Do You Wanna Come Over, the heavenly tone in Invitation, to even the totally weird What You Need, it’s obvious Britney liked these songs. She just doesn’t sound the same on Femme Fatale. Glory, in my opinion, already sounds pretty dated. It sounds very distinctly 2016. But it’s the vibe SHE gives that makes the record timeless in my opinion. Femme Fatale is a hard hitting pop masterpiece with every ingredient there to make it a classic, but it always lacked one thing: Britney’s passion 

• Like 2

If U Seek Amy, I used to love it but her vocals are so grating listening to it  now especially the “La La’s” , plus the innuendo doesn’t work. Sorry  lol 

Circus too, it was one of the first Britney songs I heard, but tbh I just listened to it too much and it’s just kinda meh; Also I heard the demo recently and it’s WAAAAY better imo 

Also I hate to jump on the IWG hate train but same lol, I heard it bc of RPDR and I instantly loved it but it kinda got old really fast too and the MV is cringe af......  I will say though, it’s still way better than 99% of FF, including the singles 

Perfume too; I heard it for the first time and I was lowkey obsessed for some reason (idk why) but I honestly hate the song now; I also think it was a horrible single choice (Just bc Sia’s worked for some people doesn’t mean she works for everyone) and idk it’s such a desperate song that isn’t really “Britney” to me. 

This is kinda different lol but I used to LOVEEEE the Circus and Femme Fatale Covers when I saw them in pictures around the time I first heard of Britney, (even tho I lowkey ended up  hating FF and Circus at one point too but I kinda love it now?) but omg looking back the FF cover is soo bad imo, her hair just straight up doesn’t look good and her face is partly too photoshopped but also too boring. like ITZ was also just a close up of her face but it had a blue filter, versus FF it’s just:.... awkward, at least her pose is cute-ish. And while I don’t have as much as an issue with he circus cover, her smile just looks to forced for me, idk I feel like there was so much better in the circus photoshoots and they chose a really boring one 

• Like 1

Baby one more time. i cant stand it anymore tbh. i think its because ive heard it so many times over the past 21 years and when my dad thinks hes being nice by putting britney on, he nearly always put on BOMT and i always think aw god Baby again :icant_toxic_britney_window_jump_fall: i still love Crazy, Sometimes, from the bottom of my broken heart, and autumn goodbye and soda pop, love them songs from BOMT album, i just cant stand the song baby one more time anymore

tbh only other song i hate but it doesnt answer your question because i always hated it from the first time i heard it, Mannequin. ive never liked that song  

15 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

Alien. The concept is cool, the production is cool, the lyrics are cool. Too bad Britney's not the lead singer. :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell:

This. I was SO excited for her to work with William Orbit. But it just misses so much. And that glitch at some point.